1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The jet doesn't approve of rocket moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Aug 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He ain't lying.

3. htownballa1622

The.butt.is.hurt.

One could argue that Morey NOW knows what he's doing by getting rid of guys like Jones, Smith, and Terry.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

sounds like he's butt hurt over not being brought back

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I thought he was talking more about last season, where it felt like there was an air of desperation in some moves.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, pronounces DMo's name wrong and says Moray . . . :grin:

good clip.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who can agree with what the Rockets are doing?

8. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Argue*

Last season was a disaster

You gotta change things up

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Terry sounded drunk.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha, unfortunately the four guys we trashed also played like garbage. So, that's where we are. And Terry was one of the leaders of the team that played like garbage.

There are reasons things are thrown out, but it's rarely because it's valuable. I wish Terry the best going forward in his career, but claiming TJones and JSmoove played well and deserved to stay? Really? No one's buying that.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

pretty funny he didn't mention Dwight, when you think about it. Like saying everyone agrees with that one.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much sticking up for the guys hes probably closer with from the team so its not surprising the way he is reacting

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm not exactly sure of what he's trying to say.

But I do takeaway that Morey's philosophy and what he's trying to do isn't clear throughout the organization. If Jet was talking about last season, that is.

14. hakeemthagreat

I don't think Morey knew what he was doing last year. Jet is right

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I mean ty Lawson ended up being bad. Nobody saw that coming.

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

With a failure of a season I think Morey was just trying to find something that would work and do it for cheap. TJones was not doing anything, DMo was hurt, Clint not ready, so he tried to get some magic back with JSmoove and that didnt work, so he tried Beasley. I'd rather try that than make a bad trade a tie up your cap for years to come.

We are going in a different direction now and making moves to fit the new system (Terry didn't fit so bye bye). One or two more moves and we should be ok to move forward. Jet has a talk show so he has to talk about things and give his opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

rocket killer in blue....rocket killer in red.

bye jet. you used your time here to pad stats and didn't even really do that.

18. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Small clip so context can be misleading but, I think he is talking about last years team and how disjointed the organization is from the top down and how it has affected the team to this point. Morey made the moves so his name has to be thrown under the bus. I've said it before. I wouldn't be surprised if the hiring of D'antoni is the demise of Daryl Morey. The chinks in the armor of this roster are just as huge as they were last year and Morey is going to get the blame. Then he is going to go to another organization and win championships. It's just the way life goes in Houston. Don't get me wrong I think Morey is a good solid young GM. He is just learning that positionless basketball is a myth. You can't just have 2 or 3 superstars and the players be just guys. They have to be solid role players that can actually do the job of the position they are playing at a more than servicable level and play well off of each other. The Rockets have been lacking at PG and PF just as long as the Texans have been struggling with out a QB.

#18 ballplayer, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  19. hakeemthagreat

I also think Marcus Thornton being traded was a horrible move. He was playing pretty good but management NEVER gave him consistent minutes. Then they traded him:rolleyes:

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Josh Smith was 100% invisible last season.

His ceiling was not through the roof.

Jones was a disaster, and has been for a couple of years.