1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jet admits wrong approach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 29, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

those who play team ball and defense dont matter. those who iso heavy then pass with 1 second left and play 1-2 step zone defense matter

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I dunno man, I don't think he's incompetent, I just don't think he's backing up his words in the press. And.... I don't think he's going to be able to manage the egos long-term. I mean he's young, and capable, but I think he'd be better in a new situation/new team as hc rather than one where everything fell apart. I mean it's not like .500 ball is great... Last year this team wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the West.

And while it might not be all on the coach, I still question 3 point ball... Oh and playing Brewer in place of other players. I do think he's done good job vs lotto, but if the team isn't going to do **** in the playoffs (I'm not confident with what we saw in SA), I question if lotto could of been a Duncan move. But hey... Playoffs are still awhile away and trade deadline.

PS I'm not calling for Thibs/JVG or something, haha

3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

This game is showing y its on coaching....jones has played the entire second quarter for crying out loud.....jb is **** in his rotations and hes had 20 games to get it right ffs

4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

5. dmoneybangbang

TJones didn't miss all those freethrows and has actually played decent. You watching some other game?

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

#1 I posted before the hack of dwight
    #2 He has been **** you dont know anything about basketball if u say otherwise -5 with a TO and no shots taken....i guess your right thats decent for him

7. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

lol not cool man, lol

8. dmoneybangbang

-5 probably has a lot to do with Howard's freethrows than his actually play. Jones is playing within his self and we need to have a big out there that can hit FTs better than Howard, Capala, and Smith.

Lastly, he has 7 total minutes at the half. Smith has 10 for context. I just don't see how this is crappy coaching...

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Poontang
    Pot
    Partying
    Poppin pills
    Polygamy

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

PS, at least McHale can get tossed from a God damn game... JB loved the refs tonight and he loves playing musical chairs with his rotations. I wonder what Jones did to convince JB to let him keep playing. Haha, oh well, he at least did have the team look better than SA game...

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Hm....terry for coach?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. dmoneybangbang

These guys missed a lot of shots tonight. They actually looked like a better team than recently. Lost by 8 points after going 9 for 10 million and Dwight's crappy free throw night.

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

brooklyn just beat okc and a knicks team without carmelo took them to OT...dont get fooled we are still that same turnover prone, bad shooting team we were 4 weeks ago, the rotations are even getting worse lol ridiculous

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! They want someone who knows the team and has the mentality tobguide this team? Terry would be an upgrade over Bickerstaff at this point.

16. dmoneybangbang

We are actually trending downwards in turnovers and somehow improved in PPG under JBB. It's mind boggling how such a terrible coach is accomplishing such things.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Khloe said her P was Powerful. Sorry, only come up with 2 P's.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Preparation H-town!

[​IMG]

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Harden has only 2Ps ...

Phloe
    Pardashian

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't think fun and winning have to be mutually exclusive, but it definitely seems Howard values fun over winning. Good thing he was blessed with his unique physical skills, because Howard's judgment and approach wouldn't get him anywhere imo.