1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The James Harden is tired thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SF3isBack!!, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is still irrelevant because James Harden is NOT Lebron James, and the team's goal is NOT to have James Harden win the MVP.

James Harden is James Harden today and must be a supreme athlete to play this many minutes with this much to do on offense and defense.

More importantly, we are trying to win a team championship not an individual MVP award. What is up with this recent wave of posters who seem to want nothing more out of the season than for the Rockets to clinch homecourt and Harden to win the MVP? Looks like a bunch of fans more interested in bragging rights on other forums than actually winning a damn championship.

I'll say it again: Harden is the most tired man in the NBA and he should be, regardless of whether he's the MVP or whether Lebron James could do it at the same age. This team's success is linked to Harden's productivity. It's not linked to Harden's personal trophy cabinet.

We need to be proactive. The stuff we're hearing here is exactly what the Spurs heard when they would rest their players. They did it with older players, but the same principal applies: the people who are exhausted, for whatever reason, should be rested if they've earned it.

The Rockets with an average Harden and no homecourt are a more dangerous opponent than the Rockets with a below average Harden and homecourt. So if that's the risk we're taking, so be it. We're certainly not going to miss the playoffs, despite the drama queens screaming about it.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I've been watching this game for quite some time now. And I've seen plenty of players take plays off. I've seen players and teams quit when things get tough out there. We all have seen Harden give up on plays and go effortless when a player gets very physical, fouls not called his way and when teams get extra physical with him.
    Now to your point about not providing a link . Lol come on man nobody is providing a link. Those few people you named isn't providing us an expert link either. We are all assuming bud.

And I believe it's both. He's tired and slumping.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well you already admitted he is tired so I really don't know what the problem is? Second Clyde and Mario are experts, and I provided a link with Mario Elie who still watches the Rockets religiously, and it's not an article it's actual audio of him saying that we are riding Harden too much. http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/18/elie-looks-like-james-harden-has-been-getting-a-little-tired/

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Huh, I didn't realize we were only allowed to parrot NBA player's opinions. If that's so important, it's funny you didn't include that in the OP.

I never actually said I thought Harden was not tired. I said I thought he might be suffering from an injured ankle, and that his workload is reasonable for an MVP player. All those other MVPs weren't stopped by being tired. James also should not be stopped by that.

5. alethios

alethios Member

Tired or not, I hope Harden brings his A-game to the 1st round.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

"I would love to get some more rest, especially going into the playoffs and knowing how important those games are, and how physically taxing those games can be, mentally as well, so we’ll see what happens."
    -Lebron James

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lebron didn't play in the FIBA tournament and took a 2-week "vacation" early in the season to "re-charge". He also has Kyrie Irving and KLove playing alongside him.

We cannot compare Harden to Lebron. We're just basing it on Harden's obvious slump. Even in his 50-pt game, he wasn't shooting well.

1 person likes this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I guess these new era of players are nothing like the players I grew up watching... I just don't think players give a **** now with all the money that they make. I mean Jordan never came out saying he wanted less games like lebron has recently, and I sure as hell don't remember analysts/fans making excuses for Jordan about being tired.

Look at the amount Jordan was playing when he was 25 then look at these current cry babies... I know Jordan and others might have got tired or whatever but if your sole career is playing basketball then I think you need to gtfo with the stupid "tired" excuses for these athletes, especially when the make more money than all of us put together on this thread.

Another point, Jordan and others played a ton and I think today's player (while in some cases are more athletic) are clearly not able to play Iron man minutes. I mean think about this, Jordan did the Olympics and won 3 championships before trying out for baseball (at like 27-30 iirc) and Harden yes did the Olympics/FIBA etc but since joining the Rockets basically gets breaks since the Rockets can't get out of the first round. So maybe he's tired, but it shouldn't be like a light switch, it should be a slow progression to exhaustion, not one game 50 points, then one game garbage. If he needs rest then limit his minutes, but I still think an athlete at 25 shouldn't need restricted minutes unless they have an injury.

I mean everyone thinks the Chicago coach runs his players into the ground, but I think that's bull****, no one in the 70s 80s 90s ever said that **** when players were avg'ing a lot more mins... I think today's players have become more interested in the money than playing, and the realization is that money obviously is more important than busting your ass any more than you need to. Jordan basically paved the way for these guys to make crazy money, now with the endorsements it's just a different era. Why do you think the foul situation is so ****ty, you can't even touch some of these guys. Don't get me wrong Jordan and others got started treatment too, but today's game is just completely different... Not worth the injury since some guys are worth 20 million + etc.

Heres how I see the dialogue with the modern player "coach, I can only play 30min tonight...", compared to the old players "coach, I don't want to come out, I want to win".

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It is to me. Regardless of how long it's been in practice or the logistics of how/why other teams can afford to do it at this point in the season -- it sucks that we cannot afford Harden the same luxury. To me.

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Not sure Harden is physically tired, but mentally... He def needs a break to regain his swag. His confidence in his shot has dissipated the last week or so. We need him in full swag mode for the playoffs. Everyone's human. Even the MVP.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

^note I know harden isn't making excuses, I just think some players that do are full of ****, if you're tired get another trainer with your unlimited money. Or maybe rest like other players used to instead of partying all night. I mean sometimes I wish these contracts weren't guaranteed, some guys basically don't give a **** since they get paid regardless.

12. Kash

Kash Member

Are you serious? I'm all for giving him a rest, but to give him a week or two? That's crazy talk. The team would drop significantly in the standings. I mean, cut into his minutes and give him an occasional game off, but a week or two will doom Houston.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Lebron is 30 now. He's played 21,000 more minutes than Harden just in the regular season. It didn't seem to bother him when he was averaging 3150 minutes a season for his first 8 years. Btw, Harden is on pace for less than 3000.

I'm sure there are lots of guys who would like to get extra rest. That doesn't mean they are going to, or that it excuses subpar play.

Oh, and if the only thing that matters is NBA players opinions, then according to Charles Oakley, James Harden is not tired, he's soft.:rolleyes:

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I think Oakley obviously said some backhanded comments, but the soft argument is definitely the truth. The whole nba is soft. I don't miss the cheap plays from before (to intentionally hurt a player), but I do wish sometimes they'd let them play more physical like they used to, some of those old guys (like Oakley) playing in today's game would foul out nightly. Obviously the nba has changed the rules, I just think it wasn't necessarily for the better.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

In what context? Show me the quote...

Something about that quote by Lebron James lends to the idea of someone who has gone through this before and knows what to do in these situations. These type of arguments show the difference between people who have trained for things and those who only watch on TV. Rest and Durability makes a great athlete.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, show me the one where Jordan or someone from that era, cried about playing 40 mpg all while making less than these current players, and then proceeding to do something in the playoffs (other than cramping or running to friends for help). Oh... that's right... that one doesn't exist, haha.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

needz more HGH

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Playoffs are approaching. He will get his rest soon enough when the teams move on to second round.

[​IMG]

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Sometimes it's best to laugh and move on. I have reached a point where I no longer want to correct logically asinine posts. Congratulations!

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Haha. Where are the anterior pelvic jokes coming from?