1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The James Harden is tired thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SF3isBack!!, Mar 22, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^^The seeds aren't set yet what are you talking about??

2. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I understand he's only 25 but I still think he needs to get some rest. Hopefully Howard coming back will alleviate some of the offensive burden.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Don't know how much howard will affect hardens minutes since howard will be on limited minutes himself

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't see that helping much.

5. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Michael Jordan missed only 6 total games in his 6 championship years. Not saying Harden compares to MJ but MJ did this when a foul was actually a foul and there werent all these treatment interventions that players get now. Harden is young, he could be tired but its the final part of the regular season so any other superstar could be just as "tired".

6. conquistador#11

if he wants rest, he should pick up golf and join the tour. no rest for, you!
    i can see coach saying that.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

5 games would amount to over a weeks rest so I wouldn't mind that at all, I think he could use it.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

but we cant beat lottery teams w/o harden going ham. he has to suck it up or come out to the media and say "will someone on my ****ing team make the countless wide open threes i give them, or make their own ****ing shot? jesus ****ing christ these mugs man i tell you"

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

What about the two years he took off?

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We need Harden to take up baseball if we want rings

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Harden sprained his ankle in the Clipper game on Feb 25. He didn't miss any time, but since then he's shooting 38%, and 27% from 3 point range. In the 12 games before that, he shot 45% and 39%.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think that has something to do with it too, he needs to sit awhile.

13. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

If you wanna look at it that way then MJ played all 82 in his first championship season, then played 80 games in the 2nd and 78 in the 3rd. Before his 2 yrs "off" . and once again in a far more physical era of basketball

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It shouldn't be. The Spurs are old, the Hawks and GS are in no danger of losing the top spot, and the Grizzly coach came from SA so he's probably just doing it because Pop did. How often did Pat Riley or Phil Jackson or Rudy employ the old "DNP-rest"? For that matter, when did ANYONE do it before Popovich?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If this is true I'm guessing he does a lot of things that Pop did and he is a smart man for doing so. You are not helping yourself against what she said with this statement.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Unless he found a way to luck into drafting Duncan I don't think we have much to worry about.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Still not helping yourself.

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Exactly

19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

It's not just the number of minutes, but ALSO his usage rate which is probably one of the highest in the league. Everything goes through him. Also his game is predicated on attacking the basket constantly which could wear any player down over the course of the season. He does look tired to me, and yes a 25 year old also gets tired.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is absurd. It was a valid argument last season that it was a slump. The fact that he's hitting this "slump" this year at almost exactly the same number of minutes makes me wonder how we can ignore it.

It's going to hurt us, and a tired Harden in the playoffs is not even the worst case scenario.

Playing this many minutes and taking this many shots and dishing out this many assists while putting in significantly more effort on defense. He is more tired than anyone else in the entire league. No other player in the entire National Basketball Association is as tired today as James Harden.

1 person likes this.