1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The worst part for me is that Bill Simmons was right about Jalen all along.

Ming The King, Holybats and Aruba77 like this.
  2. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

and what an experience it is...

daywalker02 and Melik like this.
  3. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

coming,passing,going . what stage are we at grief ? denial?

Melik likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The classic Green experience.

The one time a month he is having a good offensive game (disclaimer: good to his pitiful standards, not a good game by general NBA standards) he is just so god darn awful at the other end of the court, he gives up a lot more than he gets.

Had to laugh during the first quarter x2 'ok nice quick move Jalen for a score at the rim' aaaaand you're so slow getting back down the court and into position your man hits a 3.

Zero effort. Zero heart. Zero IQ. I don't know which of those is worse - but he constantly displays all of them each and every game.

Nothing like an 8 point game with 2:45 left, other players feeling it, you've made 1 three all night. So you decline giving the ball to Sengun just so you can toss up a bad shot which goes over the other side of the rim and hits backboard only. Scal had to stop himself after he opened his mouth wanting to comment on just how absolutely atrocious that shot was. And then his next possession was disregarding his entire team and dribbling into three defenders - another turnover which will go down as a missed shot. Once again, a close game, in the clutch, and Jalen gives all momentum to the other team.

The only people who benefit from the Jalen Green experience - is the opposing team.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

How can anyone who claims to be a fan of the Houston Rockets NOT hate Jalen Green? If an opposing player always killed the Rockets we would naturally hate him, why would it be any different if it was a player on our own team? If you are rooting for the Rockets to win basketball games, you HAVE to hate Jalen Green.

AmenTheSuperstar and Melik like this.
  6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Hate is a strong word. You guys need to relax. Things will work itself out.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes, it will. Jalen will get his ass shipped to another team and we will be able to laugh at him when he actually contributes to our winning when we play him, instead of the other way around.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I've been off the Green bandwagon after being on it for 2 years. This guy can't ball. You get 3 years to show something in the league and I wasn't one of the idiots who wrote him off after year 1 or 2. That said, he sucks.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I never really liked his game, but I knew he was a developmental prospect and I thought he had elite scoring potential. I always said it would take 3 years to really know what we had in Jalen. In year two I became very concerned because it felt like he regressed. He was doing a little better at finish at the rim, but still so weak. The bball IQ wasn’t progressing, and his shooting was actually worse in year two. I convinced myself that Silas and KPJ were the reasons why Jalen wasn’t progressing in his 2nd year, but I started to have big doubts. To me it was clear Sengun was our best prospect in year 2. Then came year 3. New coach, no KPJ. I knew it would take him time to adjust but I figured we’d see some signs of improvement; shooting especially. But he’s actually shot worse than his first two seasons. Bball IQ hasn’t improved much.

I don’t think you can wait more than 3 seasons to see significant improvement from your supposed franchise player that you drafted with the #2 pick. I wish Jalen the best in his development going forward, but I hope it’s not with the rockets. Everyone else seems to have a hard nosed workmen like mentality and has significantly improved from the previous year. We’ve got a lot of dawgs on this team. Jalen isn’t one of them.

10. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Also, if we trade Jalen or let him walk, it sends a message to our young prospects: you either work on your game and give full effort anytime you step on the court or you’ll be out of here.

I’ve defended Jalen for the past 2 years since I felt it was to early to call him a bust, but there’s no doubt anymore: he is just a bad player. Wish him luck though. Elsewhere.

11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Is this hatred because of his sexuality and painting his nails, because it seems that people are tougher on him than guys like Silas and Nix.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro single-handedly destroyed Jalen’s career with all those jinx threads.

maypk, NewAge and clutchdabear like this.
  13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I remember Kevin Porter Jr and the Vipers playing against Jalen Greens team before he got drafted.

Jalen Green’s team lost badly. Back then I didn’t think much of it, but seeing how he’s kept losing in the nba to superior players. Just keeps telling me he might be a bust or a bench player. He does have potential but I’m not sure our team is the right one for his style of play. So what do we do?? I suppose maybe we shouldn’t pass up a decent trade offer but if one doesn’t come our way- we can’t just give him away either just yet.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Definitely the 2nd overall pick, if he was picked 11th I doubt people would care that much even......

You would not even hesitate to trade him, at least a normal organization, I am not sure about Stone ....

NewAge and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dude, you need to calm down...move on..

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't hate Jalen at all. I just wish he could shoot better and have a higher basketball IQ.

After some of his good games, I thought he would lead the league in scoring one day. I was totally wrong.

It's kind of inexplicable to me how someone cannot improve AT ALL in three years in the NBA, but instead, regress? So frustrating.

Melik, REEKO_HTOWN and clutchdabear like this.
  17. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Try Jalen of the bench. Let him play vs benchmobs, if hes heating up..good. maybe its better for our S5 having another + defender.

FVV/Brooks/Eason/Smith/Sengun
    amen/jalen green/Cam/Tate/uncle jeff

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Coming to an end soon.

19. a time to chill

I wouldn't mind trading Green plus a 1st round pick for other players on the trade market (e.g. Dejounte Murray, Zach LaVine, Mikal Bridges).

20. Umut

Umut Member

Jalen Green doesn't know how to play basketball, while watching him, I feel like they brought a talented young man from the street to the NBA game, his shot selections are terrible, almost every choice is wrong, if you watch carefully, he does at most 2-3 correct things throughout the match, he tries to dunk among 4 people, believe me Prime Shaq wasn't even trying this.