1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Insanity that is CPAC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harrisment, Mar 2, 2019.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

i must put this out there he the president of the rich state of America only and his white supremacy friends, mob buddies.

2. Buck Turgidson

I don't know about all that, but it definitely is a clear indication of your inability to do math on a 12-year-old level.

off by .003% (if I have my math right)

jo mama and Harrisment like this.
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

#63 Harrisment, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

3.7% was the unemployment rate in November 2018. I think he was quoting a somewhat stale number. That's not much of a lie. There are plenty of actual lies you can point to.

AroundTheWorld and BruceAndre like this.
  6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ahh more insulting in lieu of argument.

So, I didn't whip out my calculator or even think that hard about the math, so what.

You do realize that this does not invalidate my point right? In fact, it confirms it.

You, and others, are picking up on small things and ignoring the big things -- probably pointedly, as a means of deflecting from the real issue(s).

People are calling the difference between 3.7 and 4% a "lie" by Trump. But I guess we'll just ignore that it of insanity.......:rolleyes:

cml750 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

One kid purposely not being vaccinated is a public health risk to whatever school they go to.

Maybe it's fine if said kid was raised by wolves on the hillsides of Montana, but this isn't a 'beliefs' issue.

It's a lives issue.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The pathological lying of the narcissist/sociopath can at times lead the person to an inability to an inability to distinguish reality from their thoughts.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

10. Buck Turgidson

Then he dies of rabies.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not really into CPAC as I am a classical liberal bro. That said I heard they are censoring conservative independent voices. I don't approve of that, but really I don't pay attention to what is coming out of neocon mouth pieces. And if you didn't know:

CPAC is run by a The American Conservative Union which is headed by Matt Schlapp who was a **** Brothers employee and Bush's political director. Nothing good can possibly come from them.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually the error is 7.5%: (4.0-.3)/4.0

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont support Trump policies

He isnt a Russian spy

I dont care CPAC which is in the title of the thread not Trump idiot.

Still dont know or care what this thread is about.

Nothing more nerve racking to somebody looking for an argument by alerting you to a thread i dont care about

Get a life

dachuda86 and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. CometsWin

Forgot a couple. @cml750 @Os Trigonum

See y'all at next year's clown show for conservatives thread. Tough to wrangle so much stupid and crazy into one weekend. Need more editorials on this phenomenon.

#74 CometsWin, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  15. CometsWin

• You don't support Trump just like nobody here voted for Trump.

You're the only one talking about being a Russian spy just like you think starving to death is the only indicator of a national hunger problem.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

17. cml750

cml750 Member

Oh the irony.

[​IMG]

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fairly long piece on how the Bulwark has had some early missteps . . . including sending Molly to CPAC.

An excerpt:

The Bulwark vs. CPAC
    As long as The Bulwark is seen as advocating not conservatism but Trump’s defeat, it will get no hearing in the broader conservative movement. Which is unfortunate, for it can use all the help it can get, as Sykes put it in TheBulwark’s inaugural manifesto, repulsing “the moral and intellectual corruption” that has creeped gradually up its limbs and the “grifters and mountebanks” whose sideshows are increasingly featured on the main stage.

The messenger, alas, taints the message. That’s why sending the progressive writer Molly Jong-Fast to CPAC, the gathering of conservative groups and organizations held annually in suburban Washington, was such a misstep.

CPAC in recent years has become a caricature of itself, an assembly of snake-oil salesmen, scammers, and other dregs of the conservative movement. Though it’s something of a soft target, there’s much about CPAC that deserves mockery and much more that deserves repudiation. Jong-Fast’s dispatches, though, were written with a sneering tone not unlike what one might find in left-leaning publications such as The Daily Beast or Salon.

CPAC is just what a site pledged to conserving conservatism ought to be defending it from. Yet by sending an avowed supporter of abortion who ridiculed pro-life events and figures there, The Bulwark guaranteed the messenger would become the issue and the message trampled underfoot.

A frank critique of CPAC from a conservative perspective would have been a valuable service. Instead, The Bulwark treated it like a joke. Unfortunately for The Bulwark, it made itself the punchline.

Conservatives should hear why CPAC is harmful to the conservative movement. But Molly Jong-Fast is not someone they’ll listen to. Sending someone like her to something like CPAC is likely, whether deserved or not, to call your motives into doubt. It also raises the question of who The Bulwark’s audience is supposed to be, or, more precisely, who its architects think their audience is and want it to be.

“Not you” is what many conservatives hear. The problem, as Trende noted, is that they’ve been hearing it for a very long time. What makes the CPAC fiasco so damaging is that it seems to validate the suspicions of Republican voters that their leaders secretly despise them.

One can hardly blame them for leaping to that conclusion when a website pledged to conserving conservatism instead mocks one of its pillars. Little wonder, then, that “not you” should also be many conservatives’ answer to the question of who should determine the direction of the GOP.

The fight over The Bulwark is, as Trende posited, really a proxy war over the future of the GOP and who will control it. In this battle, The Bulwark’s may not be the losing side but it is definitely the smaller one. Which makes many of its editorial choices so puzzling. It needs to attract allies, not alienate them. Yet alienating them it is. Not just diehard MAGA types, but even the Trump-skeptical conservatives it claims to be catering to.

Worse than a crime, the CPAC fiasco was a blunder, one that confirmed what many already believed, namely that The Bulwark is defending not conservatism but a certain vision of the Republican Party, one shorn of its more embarrassing, inconvenient elements.​

more at the link

https://arcdigital.media/the-bulwarks-broken-promise-aabaf58936bc

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Alert me to the Trump is guilty of being a spy. Im talking about collusion because thats what ive defended Trump on

Dont care about CPAC or border walls or whatever