1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Insanity that is CPAC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harrisment, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

You forgot "comically ignorant and dishonest".

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you are misquoting the #'s - once again, youre either willfully ignorant, lying or trolling.

trump said it was 3.7% when it was 4%.

the numbers were right there in the post you quoted...why are you lying about them now?

NewRoxFan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The media keeps focusing on President Trump humping an American flag and how he rambled on for two hours about his inauguration size and immigrants being raped.

True story. Very scary.

4. Buck Turgidson

Direct quotes and videos have a liberal bias.

5. Senator

Senator Member

I don't see any issues here

It's politics , exaggeration is part of making a point

Crime in Chicago has seen a major drop under Trump
    While it thrived under Obama, even though he was the nice, every day guy

That's what alot of these on the fence independents who vote conservative see

Not the racist, KKK chanting marches of 12 people the liberal media try to project them as

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What policies do you believe Trump has enacted that changed the rate?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Read thread...

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Your future Republicans are birtherd here.

LONG LIVE THE CRUMBLING EMPIRE

:: salutes flag and grabs it by the tassels ::

9. Buck Turgidson

Trump: "Yeah that's her with the gold fringe. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start hugging her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful tapestries... I just start hugging them. It's like a magnet. Just hug. I don't even wait. And when you're a star and they've got stars they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush: "Whatever you want."

Trump: "Grab them by the tassels. You can do anything."

Bush: "Yeah those stripes. All I can see is the stripes."

leroy and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This is how I know we're living in different realities.

Trump was off by .003% (if I have my math right)…..and you characterize that as a "lie."

Allrighty then.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

there is only one reality. ive been here all along. you are somewhere else.

trump claimed 3.7 when it was actually 4%. then you said trump claimed 3.8 when it was actually 3.7. did you not even read what you were quoting?

and trump was off by .3%. you were off .1% on what trump said and .3% on the actual number.

im pretty sure you know this and you are just trolling.

BigM, No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump voters are no good with the maths, so he might not be trolling.

jo mama likes this.
  13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The funny thing is this is something you dont even have to lie about. I mean 4% unemployment is pretty good as it is, but Trump can't even speak a simple truth.

jo mama likes this.
  14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You don’t

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Why do you think exaggeration (and more accurately, frequent outright lies) is not an issue?

If a future anti-vax President said vaccines has a 24% of leading to cancer (an outright lie that isn't backed up by any evidence), is that an issue? Do you think someone that has enough support to be voted in as President won't be able to convince a good portion of his supporters a lie is the truth and impact their thinking? And if so, assuming you aren't anti-vax, would you be okay with that? Do you think it's healthy for a society or portion of the society to be build upon great exaggerations and lies?

You may want to consider NK, China, the former Soviet Unions where lies (together with censorship) has a direct and lasting impact on the society culture.

#55 Amiga, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Eh, doesn't matter. Calling the difference between 3.7 and 4% a "lie" is a clear indication of the bankruptcy of the left's argumentation.

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And you think the miniscule difference between 3.7 and 4%, and whatever error I might have made by not resorting to a calculator, is a substantial difference?

And something worth calling a "lie"?

This is tendentiousness at its worst.

18. Senator

Senator Member

Life isn't all about policies, crime in particular finds ways to skirt around it

He's an idiot focused on short term growth to boost his numbers at the expense of the larger picture, but on several key issues like immigration he shows a no nonsense approach that keeps those on the fence from exploiting the situations they are in, then using a culture of excuses to justify it. It's cut down on the entitlement factor from the criminals, and the enabling factor from govt.

Talk to the police, don't just villify them, and you'll see the trickle down effect. Obama was walked all over

#58 Senator, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

The lies he continue to tell.

20. Senator

Senator Member

It's not healthy at all, but the general population of America isn't healthy and hasn't been for a while. We get away with it because we're a new country with a lot of wealth. Politicians do what works , what brings in the bacon, and that's what people care about when casting a vote.

I support fact based politics , but fact based politicians aren't seen as "charming", "relatable" or "entertaining" to the common voter who's criteria is very different to the politcal enthusiast. The majority of people do not have the finances or patience to look at the big picture - and that hurts the country as a whole.

I support child vaccines but also support it never being a legal right to force them onto all kids with unique situations and parental viewpoints. As long as people have that right, I don't care what the President says because I'm not a slave forced to take orders from someone behind a microphone. This kind of self sufficiency is what should be taught to Americans, not panicking at everything Trump says.