1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Insanity that is CPAC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harrisment, Mar 2, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is only one of the issues and it has been shown to you that you are incorrect about it. But like I said there are other issues there as well.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What am i incorrect about
    The accusation? Why do you keep saying that.

You jus claimed it in the post i responded to. And regardless collusion is the accusation? Wth are you talking its not

I haven't read about collusion in the paper or seen that on the news?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My point is that you're wrong. Trump's campaign data was proprietary and it could not be had except from the Trump campaign. And to reiterate, even if the Russians could have gotten it independently, that's not what happened. What happened was that the Trump campaign gave it to them. On purpose.

Honestly, as much as Trumpers ask "where is the collusion" and as careful as Never Trumpers are to not jump the gun and make claims that Mueller hasn't shown to be incontrovertibly true yet, from the circumstantial evidence it seems so obvious to me that Trump did conspire with Russia that it is amazing that people pretend like they don't know. If this was a movie, people would say it wasn't believable that so many people would sit on their hands and hem and haw about how nothing is proven when it is so obvious the dude is guilty. He has a whole constellation of Russia guys in his campaign. 102 contacts (and counting) with Russian agents. His manager worked, illegally, on behalf of the pro-Russian party in Ukraine. While sharing the campaign's data, he's talking to the Russians about making a deal on Ukraine. They work in a change to the RNC platform on Ukraine. After Obama put sanctions on Russia, Flynn tells them not to react because he'll get them lifted. The Trump Admin then proceeds to try to lift them once in office and has to be blocked by a veto-proof bipartisan bill from the legislature (those Senate Republicans knew even back then the threat Trump poses). While all of this is unfolding and people are outraged about what they're learning about the troll farms and the email hacks, Trump can't bring himself to say one bad word about Russia, never mind actually take any punitive action against them. Then when the FBI starts to investigate the issue, instead of elevating the issue to the highest order of importance -- which it was and is -- Trump instead calls it a witch hunt and tries to block the investigation from proceeding.

Someone is going to quibble with me about this isn't proved or that doesn't necessarily mean what I think it does. Which isn't unfair. But, let's not miss the forest for the trees here. It is highly improbable that Trump associates with so many crooks and so many people with ties to the Russian government, that his campaign meets with Russians so many times, that he tries to get pro-Russia policy, that he himself was working on a big Moscow deal (one that would give Putin himself a unit!), that he shares his data with Russia and hears ahead of time about the progress of Russia's email hack project, that he lies about all of this to our faces all along the way, and tries his best to undermine the investigations into it -- that all that has happened and he's not dirty. There's no way. I've got details wrong, I'm sure. But he's dirty. He's very obviously dirty.

arkoe, NewRoxFan, jo mama and 7 others like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The information that Manafort had came from a third party

The email hack was done by Russians and released by Russians through Julian Assange who had no connection to the Trump campaign

And finally, people's opinion of Mrs Clinton was solidified long before that email dump. Like over 25 years I mean really how many people do you think took the time to read those emails.

If they read them, they weren't voting for her anyway

Edit: Manafort is in bed with Russians. Manafort's connections are long before the campaign

Trump likes dictators. Dont know why he hired Manafort

#184 pgabriel, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Astrodome likes this.
  5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Because he offered to work for free.... :)

pgabriel likes this.
  7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Funny how that worked out.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not going to win you over, obviously. But -- can't stop! :)

When you hire a company to produce information for you, you own it, not the third party. That was Trump's data, not anyone else's. But even if he didn't own it, he was still the one to supply it to Russian intelligence. If I give a bomb to a terrorist who kills people with it, when the FBI comes knocking should I tell them I wasn't part of the conspiracy because actually it was somebody else's bomb and I just made the transfer?

Yes, done by Russians and released by Assange. But there was a connection because (if the testimony is to be believed), Roger Stone knew of it in advance, was tracking the progress, and kept Trump informed. At the minimum, they knew of a crime in progress and said nothing. More likely, they not only knew of it, but encouraged it.

NewRoxFan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, thank you for putting it all in one place in a clear fashion. Occam's Razor would lead almost any reasonable observer to one very probable conclusion.

But a lot of people in our nation are happy to use Occam's Leaf Blower on facts, which the POTUS has set to HIGH.

[​IMG]

10. Buck Turgidson

Magnets, how do they work?

You are embarrassing yourself.

This should be a default response.

#190 Buck Turgidson, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019