1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The infamous 3-1 defecit...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cwebbster, Apr 25, 2004.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Boy do I remember it like it was yesterday. So proud to be a Rockets fan, but so sad to see my team down to a dominating team, Phoenix, that had our butts in their grasps. I remember hearing people around town bashing our team, talking trash, calling us Choke City.

It was bitter, but something in my heart told me to not give up just yet. Game 5 came, and the Rockets squeezed one out. The defecit was pushed to 3-2. Still no one thought that they standed a chance, but something still told me not to give up.

Game 6 came, and once again, the Rockets came up heros. Charles Barkley was a bit concerend, but he talked so nonchalant about how his team was going to win. Game 7 came, and as the closing minutes came in the game, everyone who was watching the game with me walked out. My heart told me to stay. The game was tied, and with just seconds left the ball went into the hands of Mario Elie, and he jacked up a three that went in like a dream. I went through the roof, and all of my friends came in to see what was wrong, and their jaws dropped to the floor. The Rockets had done it. Choke City was turned into Clutch City, and people began to chant "Believe It Again" as Mario made that the catch phrase of the playoff run.

This year is very similar. Our backs are against the wall, with a 3-1 defecit. Most people around town and around the NBA do not think we can acomplish the task at hand. The Lakers players speak so nonchalantly about themselves, and make them look cockier than they ever have. ESPN, TNT, FSSW, are all ruling out the idea of a game six. Can we do it. I believe we can. I believe that the heart of this team is still beating. They have shown so many flashes of greatness, but at the same time boneheaded mistakes outweigh them. I beleive that they will get their act together, and with history on our side, will make a repeat of what went down nearly 10 years ago. If you believe, then stick behind them till the last minute runs out on their season, if you don't, please do not watch the game on Wednesday. I know that I will always have faith in my team.

Clutch City Vol. 3

2. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I like the attitude and faith, however there is one big difference....Hakeem Olajuwon.

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

...and one of the mostly closely bonded teams that I've EVER seen.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

AGbee, this team is bonding well. not yet to the level of Clutch City II, but bonding well. You should have seen it in their eyes today.

5. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

WE STILL BELIEVE

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

...make that two. JVG is nowhere near the coach of that club.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I STILL BELIEVE!

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I have to disagree with you. This team compared to the team in 1993 is very different. We do not have a define leader. We do not have the person that wants to take the last shot. Without leadership, how can we come back>?

9. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I think that if Yao and Cato stay off foul trouble in the 1st half and make our 3 pointers we'll have a chance to have a game 6 in Houston. Hopefully they can stay focused. Francis needs to be careful with his emotions, and mobley with his shot selection.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Clutchcity or not.. it's still frustrating to think that we were 3 points total away from having this series 3-1..

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

12. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

Francis is our Dream.

13. montevideo

montevideo Contributing Member

Right! So many so down on the Rockets when two missed shots are the difference between 1-3 and 3-1 Rox!

14. montevideo

montevideo Contributing Member

I agee with cwebbster -

With this Rockets team which - say what you want - but they have heart - you gotta take the series one game at a time.

Lackers will be ripe for game 5 let down. Kobe will be back from 3 staight days in court according to TNT broadcasters - if he even makes it at all.

Don't get caught up in the series - it's one game at a time - and this team has a chance in every game.

15. rocketsmetalspd

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Rebelieve!

17. RikQuik

RikQuik Member

Unfortunately, we just have not yet found our Mario Elie....

18. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

THIS SERIES IS FAR FROM OVER. WE HAVE PLAYED WELL IN L.A. AND COULD EASILY BE UP 3-1 INSTEAD OF DOWN 1-3. QUIT HATING AND TRYING TO BREAK THE TEAM UP AND MAKING OFF-SEASON MOVES ALREADY!!! AND SUPPORT THA TEAM. DON'T BECOME FAKER FAN AND JUMP OFF THE BANDWAGON . PEACE.:eek:

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Speak english. And try not to do it ALL IN CAPS NEXT TIME, OK!?!?

20. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Are you illiterate? Every word was in english. Peace.