1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "I believe" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Nov 21, 2015.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This prophecy clearly indicates a championship for the Rockets this season.

Unless you are using it to refer to cruder matters??

2. i3artow i3aller

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I approve of this thread. Go Rockets, screw you haters!

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Just bumping the thread so you can all get on board.

The train is only just warming up, hasn't even let the station yet. Crush Detroit amd lets start making some noise!

1 person likes this.
  5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You can read my sig! It ALSO applies ... :)

GO ROCKETS!!!

6. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

We will definitely make the playoffs, I don't think this was ever in doubt unless Morey / Les blew up the team.

The problem is that I really thought this THE year for us. Howard will opt out and either cripple us financially or we'll lose him for nothing. Jones and DMO likely to get inflated offers from less successful teams in need PFs.

This was the year where we were supposed to take a step forward and catch up to Golden State. Instead, it seems like we've taken a step backwards while the Warriors have advanced ten steps ahead.

Last year we told ourselves that if advanced past the first round, our season would be a success. Once we finished the season with the 2nd seed, some of us convinced ourselves the bar should have been elevated. A 1st round advance would be satisfactory but getting to the WCF would be a true success.

I think this year started with most of us thinking our goal was at LEAST WCF. We knew San Antonio got stronger and Golden State would still be there. But we expected Lawson to take us over the top, and that we would have a solid chance at winning it all.

Now something crazy still might happen. San Antonio may break down midway through the season. Curry might suffer a season-ending injury. But as things stand, the Rockets don't look to meet expectations.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I believe

I just know
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oomCIXGzsR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I believe this is a lottery team ....

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Go to church more, the believe is over there. Is Bickerstaff doing anything differently?

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

"I believe" only after Harden and Dwight sit together and talk it over can this team seriously make some progress on the games.

"I believe" Harden has learned his lesson. Leadership is about talk the talk AND walk the walk. You need both of them.

That's all that I believe. We'll see.

11. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

12. CertifiedTroll

I believe we barely beat the sixers and barely beat the knicks that were using Lance Thomas in place of Caremlo. And tbh the Knicks game was extremely lucky win. But, that being said, there is literally no way our team can be as bad as we look withany combination we place on the floor. Our roster is loaded with talent.. I cannot even comprehend the amount of suck such a good team is producing.

In fact I am so flustered I dont even know if my paragraph above had logical ideas.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I usually don't come to any conclusions until the first 30 games are played in a season.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We just need Kwame Da Gamblin Man to come into this thread and drop his wisdom, like he did last spring.

After that, final victory is assured.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Other than Warriors and SA, the rest of the playoff ladder is a crap shoot. If one team can get hot for a month or about 15-20 games then it can separate itself from the pack.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm on the train, I just wish Harden would get on because if he did the team would follow him.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I never stoped believing that this team will make the playoffs, even at the lowest point of this season.
    But believe we can win the title? No. I don't believe we are even a contender either.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not even a quarter of the way through, it's a long season. I don't believe they will play as poorly as they have so far and they seem to have very gradually improved since the McHale firing.

Get 2 of the next three and that's 9-11 through a quarter.

The 20 games after that is going to be crucial. Still a soft part of the schedule, so we really need to come together and rack up some wins there.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, after 20 years of waiting and having been spoiled by Hakeem it gets old. So until I see a desire of this team to have some kind of drive/championship mentality (not being mentally weak) or giving up when it's not your turn to hold the ball/checking out on defense... I am going to have to be facetious/pessimistic sometimes. I mean think of all the times you watched this team/franchise only to watch them screw up and usually check out.

So... if the player mentality is let's make the playoffs or if we're lucky more... Then pull the plug and start over "next year". I mean that's our motto around here, right???

Here's any rocket fan over the last 20 years: "this is our year" / "we're rebuilding" (obviously we're not sixers :) ) /" next year"... I unfortunately don't see this year being the Rockets and the players look like they believe that too.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Agreed