1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Texans Mr.Irrelevant Award

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IronTexan93, Nov 11, 2014.

?

Who Has Been The Most Irrelevant Player on the Houston Texans?

1. Brooks Reed

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. Jeoffrey Pagan

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Jared Crick

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Xavier Su'a Filo

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. C.J. Fiedorowicz

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. Garret Graham

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  7. Louis Nix III

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  8. Other

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Oh boy, we got a lot of people for this award. However when voting on this, try to consider where they might have been drafted or what expectations they had coming into the season. With that In mind, Garret Graham is my pick. We paid him to replace the aging (but now better looking) security blanket Owen Daniels, but that hasn't paid off so far. As far as rookies go, It's really tough to pick between Nix and Fiedorowicz. Fiedorowicz has definitely underwhelmed, but Nix has definitely been a disappointment this season. He was supposed to be the steal of the third round, but he has yet to play a single snap this season.

So with that in mind, who on the Texans was supposed to be a contributor but has done little to nothing so far? There could be an argument for multiple players, but who has been the most?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

C.J. Fiedorowicz and the other Tight Ends have had more penalty flags than catches this season, I believe... :eek:

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

4. Fantasma Negro

Devier Posey wtf

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not counting guys who got cut or injured, Mercilus is the biggest disappointment since Amobi.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He's actually played well the last couple of games. Maybe a light switch finally went off?

Sure would be fun to put him on one side and Clowney on the other side on 3rd down situations every now and then.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't think Donny has been watching games.

1 person likes this.
  8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wth happened to him? is he still on the team?

9. awc713

awc713 Member

I think its gotta be Su'a Filo.

This was one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. Some NFL experts said it was one of the deepest drafts ever, with 1st round grades falling well into the 2nd round.

With that said, its extremely disappointing that our 33rd overall pick can't even get playing time...especially considering how poor the OL play has been.

If he were injured or something, I would give him a pass. Maybe it falls on coaching/FO, but the situation is infuriating.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Crick has contributed this year if i'm not mistaken

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If you want to stick with just this season then yeah it's probably Reed, but if we're counting total history/production I'd say Mercilus has been a bigger no-show. Factoring in that Mercilus was a 1st doesn't help his case either. The expectations I had for both of those guys far, far exceeds their production... wasn't really expecting much from the rookies. Never do.

12. ima_drummer2k

Posey is so irrelevant that he didn't even come to mind while the OP was making his irrelevant list....

21 catches in 3 years. And no TDs. Wow..

I know he got hurt a couple of years ago, but he had done nothing up to that point.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Posey tore his achilles (usually a career ender) his rookie year in the 2012 playoff game @ NE, right?

So he missed all of 2013, and now he's stuck in a numbers game and unable to get PT.

14. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I wanted to put posey, but then again, who really expected him to be a legit WR 3?

15. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Damn, I forgot Clowney lol. But then again, he does have time to redeem himself.

16. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

33 tackles and 1.5 sacks doesn't really speak for itself. If he does contribute, I haven't personally seen it.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, this thread is about this year, so . . . .

Even so, Mercilus was 3rd on the team in sacks as a rookie, 2nd last year and 2nd again this year. 17 sacks in 2 1/2 years. A little disappointing based on his draft position? Sure. But irrelevant? Hardly.

18. ima_drummer2k

Yep. That really sucked for him, but he only had 6 catches for the year before getting hurt in that playoff game.

I heard an interview with him before the season started and he was saying he was finally back at 100% and was expecting this to be a breakout year for him. Not so much, apparently.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Gary/Rick expected him to be a wr2.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

AJ and Hopkins are obviously our 2 top dogs. D. Johnson fits the mold for a slot guy. Martin contributes on Special Teams. Posey is the odd man out. I think he's been on the game day inactive list all year and we've only been suiting up 4 WR.