1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets will lose in the First Round of the Playoffs.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newAge_Rockets, Apr 8, 2015.

1. newAge_Rockets

This has been something that has been in the back of our minds for awhile, but there is no way the 2014-15 Houston Rockets advance out of the first round in the NBA Playoffs.

The Free Throw shooting is absolutely horrific. This will bite us and bite us HARD in the postseason.We are sitting at 27th in the NBA, and that is largely propped up by Harden's 600+ free throw makes. Our entire front court is terrible at shooting them. Jones, Smith, Howard and Dorsey will be fouled in the playoffs rather than getting an easy deuce.

The lack of playmakers. James Harden and to a lesser degree Josh Smith are the only Rockets that can create their own shot. Harden will be doubled and forced away from the ball in the playoffs, causing someone else to have to step up.

The Point Guard Void. Prigioni and Terry just can't defend the point guards of the Western Conference. It'd be nice if the analytically driven Rockets would let Nick Johnson get more playing time to potentially slow down the Currys, Parkers, and Lillards.

The Turnovers. 2nd in the NBA in Turnovers.

The lack of ability to put teams away.

So tell me Clutchfans, how can we make the 2nd round with all these flaws. How can an analytically driven team like us let Dorsey and Terry play so many minutes?

Flame me, but do you really believe in this team come playoff time?

2 people like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Had a feeling a thread like this would pop up.

3. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

injury of D-Mo and Howard's non-peak optimal condition worries me.

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

after DMO is out I lost all hope

I guess maybe drop to 5th or 6th seed and try to take on the blazers or memphis

5. davidghall

davidghall Member

Amen! I think you nailed it right on.

6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

If we play the Mavericks or Clippers we will advance. If we play Blazers it could go either way. If we play The Spurs or Grizzlies then things won't look too good.

7. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

completely agree, i dont understand how keith jones and those guys keep jobs. every single year we are hurt.

8. Jimmy Chitwood

People are gonna 1 star this thread but OP is right. This season is over.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jimmy Chitwood

Who exactly will guard Chris Paul? Who is going to stop Dirk?

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

With the clueless idiot McHale as coach and his pathetic playoff track record there is a good chance we lose in the 1st round irrespective of opponent

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't know what it will take for Mchale get replaced. All he is going to do is make it more embarrassing to be a Rockets fan. The team will always be great during the season but come playoff time we will always be destined to fail with him as coach. We won't get a great coach until this roster sucks again with mediocre players I know how it goes with Houston sports teams.

1 person likes this.
  12. newAge_Rockets

Didn't even bring up this game. These are season long problems. Who steps up on this team when Harden is forced away from the ball in the playoffs?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

You'll get bashed but are probably right.

Let's talk again once seedings & match-ups are set.

14. newAge_Rockets

Why does a team that prides itself so much on stats put lineups out there that include Terry and Dorsey?

Why are the Rockets pretending Terry is a point guard when he should really just be used as a spot up shooter?

Why don't the Rockets play their matchups and put Ariza on the PG more often and place Prigioni/JET on the weaker of the two SG/SF?

15. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight plays his regular minutes and this is a whole different ball game..

Rockets still may not have won it, but they wouldnt be getting blown out like this

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I deffenlty think the timing of this thread also haas nothing to do with what's happening now...

1 person likes this.
  17. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Whose gonna stop Harden?

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If we play the Spurs we will get swept.

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So every regular season loss means automatic 1st rd exit and every win means we will win the title? Makes sense...

20. newAge_Rockets

I Know I'm gonna get bashed. I'll be killed, people will call for my ban, but really I'm just trying to state the facts. Having a point guard rotation of 38 year olds, and losing our only other above average playmaker (DMo) has done us in. I got frustrated with PBev on offense earlier in the season and thought his defense was a tad overrated, but boy I would kill to have him back right now.