1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are unlucky Franchise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Apr 9, 2019.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that's literally the very first articles i pulled up when i googled it, so no, i didn't "ignore" anything to fit my narrative, i simply didn't look any further. you want narrative? how about this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the last 20 years, three teams have made it TO the Finals as the 4th seed and lost: The 2005-06 Mavericks, the 2009-10 Celtics and the 2017-18 Cavaliers.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="">April 11, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

you wanna be butthurt? be butthurt at the players that failed to deliver when they had the opportunity to control their own destiny. you want to talk about narratives? look in the mirror. i'm just posting facts.

payaso likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

far from butthurt. it changed absolutely nothing when it comes to this weekend. posted that on several occasions from the beginning. win or lose that game didn't matter so long as they finished healthy and in tact. the real butthurt people are those like yourself whining and crying as if they're going to cancun. The question still hasn't been answered. The rockets still were able to get the #2 while sitting at home doing nothing last night. Had that happened, what logic makes their championship run drastically different? You still have to go through the same team to actually win it. Nobody can come up with a credible answer. You know why? Because there isn't one. Just a bunch of nonsense to complain as usual.

like cp3 said today at this point. "who cares, it doesn't matter". but you're welcome to dwell on it while those that matter have clearly moved on.

context does come into actual play here. none of those teams were actual contenders or the 2nd best team in the West. that's exactly why their so called road was labeled as impossible. If GS lost their core guys as much as the Rockets did this year and snuck in the playoffs as a bottom seed after everyone came back healthy, would their chances for a championship just plummet just bc of a number 6 next to their team name? If your answer is yes to that, you pretty much disregard all things that matter in reality.

once upon a time, people said you can't win a championship shooting jumpshots. oh wait

*newsflash* the rockets were on the exact same side of the bracket a year ago, why? Because they were healthy for the majority of it. This year a 20-5 record with everyone being healthy after the break, what does that translate to project over the course of a full season showing to be both elite defensively & offensively. I'd say right up there again. But apparently, some number next to the team name defines them rather than actual context in reality

#122 YOLO, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

With their history of injuries to high draft picks, I'd have to give the unlucky crown to Portland. Those guys are truly jinxed.

They don't get much media respect either. NBA.com's current lead story is "Who Will Emerge From Competitive West?" It's accompanied by a graphic featuring Curry (#1 seed), Jokic (#2), Harden (#3) and Paul George (#6). Dame Lillard once again overlooked.