1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are unlucky Franchise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Apr 9, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I say.......time to make history! Choke City to Clutch City. The year the 4th seed Rockets came back with a vengeance!!!!

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets derserve this all those "easy" teams they should have beat but they were being lazy and the easier path came down to just beating 1 or 2 sub .500 teams earlier in the season. This is not our year we dont play like we want it. Next year I think we will be scary though. If Chris Paul isnt too old by then.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of y’all really need to stop...the difference between the 4 seed and the 2 seed was literally 1 win

So if the Rockets had 54 wins instead of 53, their chances of winning a title would’ve been so much greater? What we really needed was HCA against GS, but we screwed that up a long time ago.

What is so amazing about the 2 seed or the 3 seed? Nothing, unless u were obsessed with meeting GS in the WCF instead of in the 2nd round. Beat Utah, and then take on GS while Harden and CP3 aren’t as worn down. I have little faith in CP3 not getting some sort of injury the deeper we get into the playoffs, and he is needed most against the Warriors.

Invisible Fan, YOLO and deb4rockets like this.
  4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

First it was "It's November, let's give up on the season!"
    Then it was "It's getting close to Christmas, should we tank?"
    Continued with "We can't compete without Danuel House on the roster"
    Now it's "The Houston Rockets is an unlucky franchise"?

Some of y'all really need to stop watching sports if all you do is b**** about every microscopic detail/event. Sports obviously cannot fill whatever void you currently have in our life.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We traded Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and Steven Adams for a player whose only peers are Wilt and Jordan.

We lucky.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

again, it's not about the one game difference but the historically near impossible path it takes for a 4 seed to advance and win a title. you can ignore that if you want bc you think we're "special" but i'd prefer not to rely on miracles when we controlled our own destiny.

do i still think we're the biggest threat to the warriors this year? yes, i do. but i'm not going to ignore the fact that when it was time to show some real fortitude this team wilted and in turn was forced to reside in an historically difficult position to bring home a title. them's the breaks.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly!

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yep!

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Again, the difference between that of the 4 seed and the 2 seed was 1 win. How many times has the 4 seed had 53 wins, and the 2 seed had 54? The Rockets are the 2nd best team in the West, so all this “impossible path for the 4 seed” talk means absolutely nothing. All that matters is if they can beat GS and whoever comes out of the East. The 4 seed somehow diminishes our chance of beating GS? We don’t have HCA against them regardless of whether we were the 2 or 4 seed. We will have HCA against any other West team except for Denver and Portland, and we don’t need HCA to beat either of them.

All this historical 4th seed talk is just irrelevant when we’re talking about the 2nd best team in the conference who was tied with the 3rd seed in wins and 1 win behind the 2nd seed, especially when the Rockets would smash both those teams.

Rock Block, chadyang and YOLO like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I asked this in the game thread and no one could answer it. The difference between "2-4" is literally 1 game. So apparently, if Denver loss yesterday the rockets would be #2. according to the logic, the rockets chances would dramatically be better. Which makes absolutely no sense, considering the rockets are no longer playing in the regular season. And they had no impact on that whatsoever. A day later the rockets are #4 and now its considered nearly impossible

Reeko likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

it just has me shaking my head...you’re right, it makes absolutely no sense unless u feel that playing GS in the WCF instead of in the 2nd round increases our chances of beating them in any significant way

Does the 2 seed magically give us HCA against GS or Milwaukee/Toronto? We have it against every team except for Denver or Portland in the West, 2 teams that are clearly not better than us.

Why even bring up the historical trend for a 4th seed when the Rockets are the 2nd best team in the conference? That didn’t change all of the sudden because we dropped down to the 4th seed on the last day of the regular season.

people just want to complain

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

How about some very recent history for you?

https://www.google.com/amp/sports.a.../29/the-curse-western-conference-4-seed-40928

That’s just the last 7 years, including a rockets series loss as the 4 seed to the 5th seed blazers. Like i said you can choose to ignore bc you think this team is different but history says this brash overconfidence is completely unwarranted.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

so how many years has the playoffs been around again? looks like that's something you choose to ignore. oh wait it only applied to the last 7 years because it only fits your narrative. got it

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao, none of those teams were actual contenders or the 2nd best team in the West. That’s why their path to a title was so “impossible” as the 4th seed.

U must believe we’re now actually the 4th best team in the West or something now that we dropped down to that seed because otherwise, this makes zero sense.

YOLO likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

the complaining around here has reached ridiculous levels. can't really remember this much b****ing. even when the rockets weren't this good, there wasn't this much just constant whining. Sunday can't come soon enough so these people can just go back to hiding

Reeko likes this.
  17. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

HCA is great until you lose a game or two at home and then it means squat. I’m with Reeko, overall it’s a 1 game difference this year and us and GS are still be the favs out of the west. Stop all the handwringing over 2 vs 4

YOLO likes this.
  18. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

The only thing lost was a minuscule chance that Portland or Utah would have upset the Warriors in the second round. Otherwise Rockets facing an opponent (Utah) that they matchup well against and beat rather easily in the playoffs last year.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think it's unlucky at all. The road was always going to go through the Warriors. I suppose having HCA against the Nuggets/Blazers when we face them would be nice, but not a big deal.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not the worst scenario. I prefer Utah to OKC

DreamShook likes this.