1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are unlucky Franchise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

your perception of my work is trash...please stop with this hate, it’s unnecessary and not a good look

have a good day Shook, and remember, don’t doubt Reeko’s work :cool:

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Dont worry, at least this way our players can have an early off-season if we lose in round 2. We all know our old ass players sure needs it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending on if they show up and stay healthy, this should be another 7 game series.

Also depending if the 5 Allstars show up at the same time.

4. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

"There was no other way..."

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Unlucky?

Melo, Bron, Wade are sitting at home.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

nothing is either good nor bad but thinking makes it so..., ever hear the one about the Chinese farmer who found a horse, his son rode and broke his arm, army came thru recruiting for war and left the son - what is good? what is bad? it all just may be meant to be....we get in flow, meet the banged up Warriors early mid bracket while we have our health, crest over the hill and into the promised land - opportunity awaits.

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If the Rockets could arrange their WC playoff series in any sequence, would you put a series against Golden state as 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Would anyone actually pick 3rd?

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

GSW in the second round is a good thing.

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Is this the Negative Nancy's unite thread? My God some of you peeps must live miserable lives!

Blurr#7 and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t get it. Wouldn’t we be complaining even more had we faced OKC?
    What’s the problem?

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Some of yall need to get the hell off clutchfans. What does it matter if we play golden state this series next series or 1 after that. We wouldn't have home court anyway if we were the 2 dead against them. Yall act like our season over cause they are our second round opponent . I say who cares bring it on! Were the only team that can beat them and were going to face them sooner or later. I'm sure gs fans are worried they have to play is second round

deb4rockets, Blurr#7 and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why are we unlucky? Are we afraid of Utah?

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We have championship aspirations. We have to beat everyone.

deb4rockets and Blurr#7 like this.
  14. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

Only people who want the Warriors in the WCF instead of the 2nd round are the ones that think we’re going to lose so they want us to get as far as we can, and the people that hope for an injury for the Warriors. It’s not the best case scenario, but it was bound to happen anyway, what’s the difference between the 2nd round and the WCF? A healthier CP can push this thing to 7, and maybe even win...

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

I expect the Rockets to employ the same strategy as last year (as Tilman said many times...). The name of the game is to try and cut down as many games to increase variance in the Rockets’ favor. Try and get it 2-2 and basically play a best of 3 series instead of a 7.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

It’s less about matchups and more about portending how a. That loss further magnified our total inability to close out games and b. 4 seeds essentially never win titles. You can blah blah blah about our magical 94-95 run but that is far and away the exception not the rule.

Harden and co. had an unbelievable opportunity to lock the 2 seed down on the last game of the season against another top tier playoff contender and they blew it in epic fashion. Stop me if you’ve heard that story before.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

We might as well had the 8th seed if everyone thinks it better to face GSW early. Personally, I do not like the way this happened. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is not he way to head into the playoffs.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if we beat the Warriors I'd rather do it early, and keep them and their fans from even being a part of the NBA Finals. Also, if we can't beat the Warriors I'd rather lose early than game 7 of the Finals like last time. That was far too heartbreaking to go through again so soon. I'm still not over that one.

#98 deb4rockets, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  19. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think every one is trying to look at the bright side. The bright side to facing GSW first or second round early is bursting their pompous golden bubble. The pleasure that shock and awe would bring, to rob their fans the fun and excitement. Not only that, it would save us from having to stomach seeing them showcased in prime time by the NBA and media who love them so much. There is only so much mouth guard chewing towel on his head smug faced Curry I can stomach.

cml750 likes this.