1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are trying to acquire free agent Ramon Sessions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abyss, Aug 25, 2014.

1. basketballholic

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/flemi...cle_99532660-e08f-11e3-8f54-001a4bcf6878.html

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If we were to acquire Rubio or rondo than Beverley is likely gone as part of the deal. Dragic and Bledsoe not so much considering they have a stockpile of PGs.

I understand the interest, trying to target a backup pg if a trade were to go down. Even Phoenix is likely to want Beverley.

Typical morey covering all his bases and directions.

4. basketballholic

That's not what I said. What I said was the Rockets are trying to work him in at the 1. That means they want to give him minutes at the 1...especially with Harden in the game running up top. So...however you want to view it...that means point guard minutes not available to the other point guards. Daniels...unless he goes backwards.....is a primary rotation player at this point. So a guy like Ish is for all practical purposes essentially a 4th string PG at this point. He's behind Bev/Canaan/Daniels....and probably behind Johnson when it's all said and done.

Unless there is a trade(s) lined up to clear out the point guard stack.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I thought we knew from the jump that Ish was most likely just a training camp body..

6. basketballholic

I still think if Flip could acquire 2 guys like Bev and Dragic plus a draft pick...for Rubio........he'd be very tempted.

Dragic
    Bev
    Wiggins/Lavine
    Mohammed/Chase
    Pek/Dieng
    Young/Dieng

That's a lot of defense all over the court with a nice playmaker (Dragic) and good veteran leadership in Dragic/Bev/Young.

Just say'n.

7. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Can the rockets sign Sessions directly? why S&T

8. tdo

tdo Member

This ^

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

really doubt they're gonna give daniels any minutes at pg this season and i hope they don't. all his minutes will be off the ball where hes at his best and the only reason hes finally been able to land a spot in the NBA by shooting.

10. basketballholic

If that's the case then why give him a fully guaranteed deal when you could sign any number of PGs to be a training camp body for a very, very small guarantee?

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Upon consideration, I wonder if either

(a) a Sessions acquisition might imply a big deal is likely with Bev as the centerpiece and/or

(b) this is messaging to PHX (?) that the Rox have other options.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Save the BAE.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

ish imo was just someone to use in training camp and probably will get cut. Caanan and johnson will probably be back in forth to the D-league but with caannan less likely depending on if they pick up a backup pg like sessions.

14. basketballholic

If Ish were signed as training camp fodder then we wouldn't have given him a fully guaranteed deal. Could've signed someone for that role with a very small guarantee.

15. basketballholic

He'll have to defend 1's YOLO. He'll be a point guard next to Harden just like Fish was next to Kobe and BJ was next to MJ.

The bottom line is there is less than 48 minutes at point available with Harden on this team and Daniels getting minutes at the 1 alongside Harden. Once again...Ish signing is puzzling. Because he is essentially a 4th string point guard. Only way that changes is if Morey clear out the stack at point guard. Something else has to be in the works. Especially now with this rumor of Sessions possibly coming.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

true but i guess it's atleast for the minimum. cause i don't think he's a lock to make the final roster by any means

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

It's not Rocket science, we signed him around the same time with Adrien & Dorsey. What do they have in common? Yes, they were here before. Who says Morey did not try by the way? Ish has been around, the guy is not just going to accept any contract..even if we signed to him seriously, Leslie will pay the price for guys even if they get cut.

18. basketballholic

he's definitely not a lock with this roster as of today and especially not if we acquire sessions without giving up another point guard.

It all points to a bigger acquisition(s) going down.

19. basketballholic

It's illogical to think that Morey gave away guaranteed $$s simply because guys had "been here before" if they are nothing more than training camp fodder. That's not why he did it.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Sessions doesn't make sense unless something else is going on.

Beverley / Sessions / Canaan / Ish
    Harden / Daniels / Johnson

Honestly, it sounds like leverage to me (if you assume Plowman and Cyberx are correct).

PHX released that the Pacers have made an offer for Dragic, and that the Lakers have for Bledsoe.

We're essentially letting them know "hey, we have other options too".