1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are trying to acquire free agent Ramon Sessions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abyss, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Yep, this will signal the end of the "Ish: Part Deux" era.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

solid vet, what the teams needs, I like it

this also opens up many trades possibilities with

pop
    bev
    jones
    dmo
    nick
    canaan
    N.O 1st

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

We can move onto that question later. For now, if Sessions then just another so-so Point.

And a demonstration in that Canaan is just a toy cannon.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hmm first of all its Alex Kennedy - that guy is a joke

secondly I am not a huge fan of Sessions - he has put up stats wherever he has went but has had trouble staying on teams for a reason. From what I have seen he tends to call his number a lot and tries to do more than whats required of him.

Also he is pretty consistent - if he drives left he looks to pass - if he drives right he looks to shoot regardless of the quality of shot.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

WTF? We go from Dragic, Rondo, Bledsoe and Rubio to Sessions???

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

my point being two areas of need and two areas we have opted for depth rather than one clear above all star upgrade

7. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Maybe this got released to drive down the price on Bledsoe?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still for the life of me can't understand why we'd have interest in this kid. His defense makes Harden look like Gary Payton and he's a 31% 3 point shooter on a good day.

9. bmd

bmd Member

"We" never went to anything. All of those other players were just random fans on the internet speculating and dreaming.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You were under the impression the Rockets weren't going to attempt to build a bench?

11. bmd

bmd Member

The team is not overstocked... it's actually pretty balanced.

Howard / Dorsey / Capela
    Jones / Motiejunas / Adrien
    Ariza / Papanikolaou / Garcia
    Harden / Daniels / Johnson
    Beverley / Smith / Canaan

Johnson may be more of a point and Capela may be more of a PF... but they can play both positions.

The team is perfectly balanced.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Morey is a stud when it comes to finding PG's that can contribute. But at this point, I wish he'd defer and settle for a veteran with no upside over a guy like Sessions. We need a PG that can control the tempo, keep guys focused and lead. Even if that player isn't that good by Morey's standards.

13. raj87

raj87 Member

[​IMG]

Spinach? Be careful what you ask for!

1 person likes this.
  14. roksoer

roksoer Member

He's the type of 6th man we wished Lin would be last year

15. Raven

Raven Member

Can't judge the deal until we know how much the Rockets are giving up, but I seriously doubt it would involve Capela, NJ, or The Pick.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We'll see

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Would be a solid pickup, and a nice replacement for Lin.

We'd be right where we were last season if not better.

18. basketballholic

My opinion...

This interest in Sessions is more about what else we can get with Sessions than it is about Sessions.

Think about it. Bev and Canaan are better than Sessions. (Yes, Canaan is better than Sessions.) And we already signed Ish Smith. IF...we are really interested in bringing in Sessions it means at least one of Bev/Canaan is gone and IF there is another deal for a premier PG then it means most likely two of Bev/Canaan/Johnson are gone.

I'm still trying to figure out the Ish Smith signing. Of all the guys out there. We could have signed Sessions before we signed Ish. And Sessions is obviously better than Ish. So either Morey is paying off some old debt to Ish or he signed Ish because he knew he was going to deplete his point guard stash. (Can anybody offer a reasonable explanation for the Ish signing other than what I am suggesting? Because I don't understand that one except it being we are going to need him for depth.)

Now Sessions??? If we indeed trade for Sessions I would think it might involve either Canaan or Bev or Johnson....and if we send one those guys to Milwaukee for Sessions...there has to be something else to the trade coming back to us besides Sessions. Because Canaan or Johnson and definitely Bev have more value than Sessions has.

Possible targets:

1. Carlos Delfino - package up Hopson and Cannan for Delfino. Then we sign Sessions outright??

2. John Henson - could we be targeting him to push to PHX or to stay here and play the 4?? - If so...perhaps a future first, Canaan, and filler for him and Sessions??

3. Larry Sanders - same situation as Henson...kinda sorta...with perhaps Sanders going to PHX. Sanders would be a definite fit for them.

There's got to be something more to a sign-and-trade of Sessions than just Sessions signed and traded here for a non-guaranteed player (no incentive for MIL) or Sessions for one of our youngsters (unbalanced deal for Rockets).

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Can we get Delfino at it too?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. It's one thing if he is signed for cheap. It's another if we do SnT for him. I want to know what assets we are giving up.