1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are trying to acquire free agent Ramon Sessions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abyss, Aug 25, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources say there is mutual interest between Ramon Sessions and the Rockets. There have been sign-and-trade talks, but nothing is imminent.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/503963134491910144">August 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. chandlerbang21

Bledsoe wants max so no

3. anchel

anchel Member

Like it for Lin's role. I think it would be a steal at this point of the summer.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Cool! It's time for more veterans. Find it ironic how people are crying about us re-signing Ish Smith and Canaan not being that great + young team in general and then complain when we go after proven talent. Sessions is solid off the bench. It's time to have guys who know their role and are consistent, we don't have time to wait for Canaan, Nick or Ish to be good from the get-go. With Sessions we would have 20 guys and let the youngsters battle it out in training camp!

5. sabesque

sabesque Member

He'd presumably be here for scoring off the bench versus defense, which bev gives us from that position.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cool, I was hoping for Sessions or Nelson for cheap vet back up point.

I would be happy with this. Bev could be the key piece in getting that 3rd star, be it a PG or PF, most likely a PG.

Is there a way to roll Ilyasova into this deal and absorb him into the Lin TPE.

That would mean you still have assets to go get a Bledsoe or a Rubio but mainly a Dragic ;)

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Do...Not....Want...

8. GoT

GoT Member

guys this is just negotiations with Bledsoe's camp. I bet he is asking for an arm and a leg.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Gery Woelfel tweeted this last week . I don't know if it was his opinion or more than that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ramon Sessions joining the Houston Rockets makes sense for both parties.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/statuses/501781102064070656">August 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

the only problem is Sessions isn't a good scorer

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

PER for Sessions the past four seasons: 16.0, 17.7, 16.7, 19.0

I've been an advocate of his for a while... I think this would be a terrific move for the Rockets if they can pull it off. The strong depth of the PG position has hurt his market, but I think he's a perfect fit for a bench role (like the one Lin vacated) where you need someone to serve as an energetic bench catalyst and someone who can create his own offense in 1-on-1 situations.

You could actually argue that he would be an upgrade to Lin, albeit with less "upside".

1 person likes this.
  12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What did we hate most about Lin: Inconsistency! What has Sessions proven to be: consistent and solid. Off the bench you want a veteran PG who can dish a few assists and ocassionally pick up the scoring, something Ramon is very good at. With Trey D & Garcia you have 3pt shooters so Ramon can go inside and kick it out, so does not need to shoot the three very well. Also, FT% is in 80s and PPG last few years: 12-15!

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sessions would be an excellent back up PG, especially considering we don't have one right now. I hope Milwaukee plays ball.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The nightmare offseason continues.

What's the point of signing Ish?
    Now we have four point guards on the roster. There better be a trade...

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just training camp bodies. Either a quantity for quality trade is in the works or you just cut them when it comes down to the final 15

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

15 guaranteed contracts + Covington. Who gets moved or waived Canaan or Ish Smith? Or are the Rockets forced to use Bev as an asset for a bigger fish which opens up a PG vacancy with Sessions being a follow up deal?

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i like it

Ish probably wont make the squad

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

A veteran PG off the bench would be nice if no trade for Rondo or Bledsoe is to be had. If one of those two can be acquired I'd like to see Bev stay as the backup.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

:confused:

You sign Ish because you're given 20 roster spots in the offseason, so why not fill them? Same as Reggie Williams a year ago. If it turns out you don't get someone better (like Sessions) later, then you have Smith waiting in the wings as an insurance policy. If you do get someone better, then you cut Ish in camp and the only thing you lose is the minimum salary. Why not?

20. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Ramon Sessions is a backup PG. Please go after Eric Bledsoe, aka mini lebron, some say. We need a PG to compete with the Elite PG's in the Western Conference. Beverly tried but he can't score like Bledsoe when he had career high averages in the 2013-2014 season.