1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are trying to acquire free agent Ramon Sessions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abyss, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Signing a guy who shot 28% from 3 last year to play on the team that shot the most 3's in the league is like hiring Royce White to be a flight attendant.......

1 person likes this.
  2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Not sure if ur serious. are u Brazilian by any chance ? we talking about barbosa? the washed up barbosa?

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

lol thats perfect

4. mrhookshot

mrhookshot Member

hey, leandro, don't post on clutchfans while being drunk. ;)

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Barbuda is 31 years old and he is more suited as a back up at this point. He isn't terrible but there way too many what ifs with the guy. With that many what ifs, and uncertainty of how he'll perform we might as well roll with Nick Canaan. We are not going to sign someone just to sign someone. There is a method to Morey's madness. As for Sessions... Remap summed it up the best. Why does no one get that Morey is aiming for a third star. The man is set and determined to get it done.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he has a couple of backup plans in place also...

T_Man

7. Fantasma Negro

Movement on the Rondo deal perhaps?

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Limited interest from the Rockets or from Sessions? He would be a great fit here.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Should have tried harder

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's lighting it up in place of Wall and outlaying Teague.

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

why do we as rockets fans have the tendency to underrate non-rockets, and overrate rockets players

sessions would have been perfect for this team

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have always liked his game as a backup PG.

DD

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Morley has derelict of duty as a GM. Lol

Morley, why you no get Sessions.

Seriously now, Sessions could have been got. He would have given a run at Bev, let alone the two grandpas.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

But but but analytics tell me Sessions suck so we will rather roll out two 37 yr old washed up grandpas

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

For some reason Morey thinks having competent PG play is unnecessary. That may fly in the regular season, but not so in the playoffs when every other team has good to great PGs.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Remember when Ramon Sessions lit it up on the Bucks and he got a big contract on the Lakers and then laid a large egg the entire season?

He came back from the dead lol.

EDIT: Oh wow my memory is bad. He got his contract from the Timberwolves and then sucked for a while after that.

#296 RedRedemption, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Is he on contract again?

18. dmoneybangbang

Hindsight is always 20/20. There's a reason why Sessions been a journeyman for most of his career.

We knew PBev would miss the remainder of the season a month after the deadline. I would have preferred to take a flyer on Isiah Thomas with my hindsight power, but I can understand rolling with the team we had not knowing Bev and DMo would miss the last quarter of the season plus playoffs.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It isn't a matter of hindsight. Injury risks are a fact of life in the NBA. You don't know who is gonna get injured, but being prepared for them is a part of a front office's job.

The Rockets did a pretty good job preparing for the risk of DMo's injury (and earlier Jones' injury)-- they do have depth at the PF spot. They did not, however, do a good job preparing for Beverley's injury.

Beverley plays a reckless style, which makes him getting hurt something the Morey should have prepared for. Besides, PGs are pretty much the easiest spot to fill cheaply with a competent player in the NBA. The Chicago Bulls signs one of those every year with minimum wage. It is actually pretty impressive for Morey to not find even one PG who can make some plays off the dribble.

20. dmoneybangbang

It is hindsight.

Not to mention depth at the SF position and hopefully future depth at SG. It sucks we couldn't add viable depth behind just about every position.

It was a gamble on the PG position no doubt, that came back and bite us. Who knows how good Isiah Thomas or Sessions would have been (obviously better but would it have moved the needle?) Personally, I thought and still think Isiah Thomas would have been a great fit, but there's no way I'd give up DMo for that.

Pablo Prigioni was a great pickup at the time (people forget we also have Nick Johnson which I'll elaborate). Pablo was a player who fit our profile, but simply had a bad shooting slump once acquired. The dude has played at the highest international level and won. However, we are in the toughest conference in the history of the NBA.

Lastly, Mchale has more or less followed the same M.O. as our previous old school coaches like Adelman and JVG with minutes given to rookies. But we have to give Nick Johnson some minutes in order to put some athleticism out there on the guard position. We may have a potential 10-15 minute for game 4 solution on the bench.