1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Houston Rockets are trying to acquire free agent Ramon Sessions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abyss, Aug 25, 2014.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Not a bad deal. He's better than any of the other point guards we have on the team right now.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

False. He is not better than an ALL NBA 2nd team defense PG that we have. However, with him, we'd have the best PG duo we've had for the past two seasons.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

GSW just signed Barbosa. Along with Livingston, they have a decent bench. I feel like we need to upgrade our situation just to keep up with the competition now.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Teams like GSW and Clips are making signings here and there (albeit important ones) to round out their roster.

I believe Morey is not at that stage yet. He is still looking for that "3rd star" and then will look out to round the roster with NBA capable players like Barbosa or Hawes as opposed to D League scrubs like Black and Cov (who will be cut anyway).

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm not sure why Barbosa or Shannon Brown weren't atleast looked at by the Rockets. It's disappointing because most of the decent players that could maybe help us are being passed up for d-league/Euro trash. While are rivals are gladly signing these guys

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I cant understand this either- seriously.. Teams like Clippers/GSW/Thunder
    Who dont have 3 stars, make decent signings, but MOrey always makes this low risk signings that usually get cut or dont make an impact.

7. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

that's what i envy other contending teams..they just keep on signing reliable vets that could contribute a little and provide leadership

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Morey would argue its a double edged sword as evidenced by what LAC had to give up to dump Dudley.

9. bmd

bmd Member

Maybe he's hoping one or more surprise people and end up being pretty good, and he can package them in a trade. If you sign an older vet, they are who they are and have no potential to improve.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, why doesn't Morey sign Big baby, a broken Danny granger and a sucky Jared Dudley!?!

Those guys led the Clippers to the WCF!!!!

LMAO

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Just my opinion, but the Clippers also need that third star to reach the upper echelon. They're great, but not on the level of OKC or San Antonio. There's a lot of pressure on CP3 and Blake since no one else on the team is a great playmaker. Crawford is a great bench scorer, but is 34 years old.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I like Barbosa for GSW, tbh.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He fits in nicely with their injury prone lineup. He's guaranteed to miss 30 games a season.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Limited interest. Chance of anything &quot;unlikely.&quot; RT <a href="https://twitter.com/javyeffbaby">@javyeffbaby</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> anymore news on Rockets trying to acquire Ramon Session?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/505106346539094016">August 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Glad that rumor is Dead

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

okc has the same problem..its just KD and WB so they aren't considered great either then

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Neither one of those guys amounts to anything anymore.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

To me Barbosa is a top tier PG. If the Rox can't get Bledsoe or Rondo but is able to get Barbosa, we can all kiss the floor and praise a higher being. Barbosa is also a disciple of Nash but with greater speed and athleticism. He played hobbled with injuries for a couple of seasons but having Barbosa is almost better than even Rondo imho. Bledsoe and the young and athletic side of Barbosa but doesn't have the facilitating skills.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^ Why are the Warriors such greedy bastards? They already have Curry why get Barbosa? Barbosa is a freaking starting PG in the NBA.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If Morey would have went after them, people on this board would be pissed that Morey was not going after Bledose, Goran or Rondo...

Morey has more info then we have and he can see the entire forest when most of us can only see the tree in front of us. As many have said, Morey is hearing and talking deals on a daily basis, so basically we need to sit back and wait to see what happens.

T_Man