1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Heat at Story Nightclub in SoBe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jgreen91, Jun 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Party with no white girls and drake = lame as.

Kobe would never let this happen.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Danny Green went to the Heat celebration party?

[​IMG]

#3 justtxyank, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

With the way Green played last night, he might as well have been a member of the Heat. So, why not celebrate with them too?

1 person likes this.
  5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Man, those guys look like they are having a great time, living life and enjoying every minute of it. Got to be happy for them. I suppose LeBron could have stayed in Cleveland where there's absolutely nothing to do and it's still winter in June.

I, personally was on Ocean Drive last night and it was great. Everyone happy, showing love, no fights, just an all around great time and vibe like it always is here in the beautiful Miami. Gotta love it!

1 person likes this.
  6. cardpire

cardpire Member

if wade keeps on blasting his 3 (or 4, after next year) rings, i could see lebron leaving.

also, i wish somebody could explain to me how the hell drake is so famous.

7. Honey Bear

Would love to see some pics. I was in Miami a couple months ago and none of the cool people there cared much for the Heat. It was more the ghetto crowd.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You mean other than all the songs? I dislike Drake, but I know why he's famous lol...

1 person likes this.
  9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Well, you weren't in the right spots. I don't have some pics, but I took some video when we were driving home from the spot we were hanging out at. Will upload later.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What was the Houston version of this? In D Mix or something? Where they show the same ol faces Bun B, Slim Thug, etc....

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

i mean how did he get famous.

i'm not exactly a rap expert, but he seems awful. like some dork poser doing an impression of a rapper.

12. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Bro, and in general the "cool" people you are talking about don't care about sports at all. They are doing too many other interesting things in their life to worry much about a silly sporting event. When you have a city like Miami with so many things to do, it's hard to get too caught up in watching other people play sports. You're too busy at the beach, on your jet ski, boat, yacht, fishing, business deals, music/concerts, life, etc...

If you live in a boring place like Cleveland or San Antonio and the only time the city comes alive is when the sporting team is doing well then it's easy to caught up in it and act like a true fanatic because there isn't much else do to and nothing else at all to get excited about.

I was on ocean drive last night and yeah it was a little bit more crazy because the Heat won, but it's like that almost every Thur, Fri, and Sat regardless of what the Heat are doing. There wasn't too much of a difference. It's always alive down there.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

also, i miss the days where posing for a picture entailed looking at the camera and smiling, not making a mean face and some sort of hand gesture.

guess i'm getting old. :(

14. Honey Bear

No, I was. Cool isn't mutually exclusive to a yacht, beautiful women and good cheese. It also entails well informed people with a global view. It goes above and beyond unmitigated hometown bias.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I mis-read your post and yeah you are right, see my other reply. Most cool people don't give a crap about Sports.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Cool, look forward to seeing it. How long were you out there last night?

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, lebron deserves it.

it's happy to see that dude enjoy it.

last year it was about silencing everyone, but this year, it's about really savoring it for himself...

congrats bron bron.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

To be fair, places like NYC and Chicago could use the same excuse too, but they're also two of the three best sports cities in the country. I don't like that "theres other things to do" excuse. Just say Sports isn't a huge part of the culture in Miami, that would make more sense.

19. Honey Bear

Disagree, read the edit in the post above yours. It's not just about what you see on the outside, it's an innate confidence and interest in things. But people with that see the Heat and think... lame. They're faking it. And that's why they attract the Drake, ghettoish crowd.

Something's always going on down there and you don't really need the Heat winning as a reason to go out. But the people who are invested in the team and their personalities tend to relate to the ghetto vibe they put out. Others are like yeah, we've got a great team, but I don't care for them.

It's artificial and not related to the city, because that's not what you get in other major cities. Atleast NYandLA.

20. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

He actually used to be very talented believe it or not.. Fame and the mainstream has dumbed his material down severely

"I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
    They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla" - Jay-Z