1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2015.

1. dream2franchise

I began the season puzzled by the media's determination to paint our team in a negative light. We weren't even supposed to make the play offs and were ridiculed for attempting an ambitious addition to our roster. As the season rolled on and we kept winning, battling injuries to our best defensive player, surviving shooting slumps and inconsistent play from our role players the hits just kept coming. My confusion turned into frustration.

Now? Fk it. I embrace that *****. The players don't deserve it, we haven't done anything near significant enough from a team success point of view to deserve it but here we are.

As upstanding as our players have been this season, through their charitable work to their work ethic, their behaviour toward the media (unlike WB and KD recently). You don't see our guys kicking chairs on the sideline, obsessing over their 'brand', or whining to refs at an alarming rate, it's all for naught.

So I propose The Hate Thread. A bulletin board of sorts, for all of the hate that the media wants to spew. My hope is that the Rockets players, whom may not see EVERYTHING that gets out there, can see this and if it's part of their make up, use it for motivation.

Plus, y'know. There's a whole 'lotta hate going on, lets keep it all in one spot.

Others can add the analytics or any TNT segment, really. Tweets, anything really.

I'll start:

What's really annoying about the Houston Rockets:
    https://sports.vice.com/article/whats-really-annoying-about-the-houston-rockets/?utm_source=vicesportstwitter

1 person likes this.
  2. dream2franchise

Early returns!

How James Harden clawed to front of NBA MVP race
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2015/03/02/james-harden-mvp-race-stephen-curry-lebron-james-russell-westbrook-anthony-davis/24278967/

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

So pretty much they hate us cuz they anus....

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

They really hated the Detroit Pistons when they were the Bad Boys. They wore it like a badge of honor.

1 person likes this.
  5. deshen

deshen Member

Hate is a strong word. I won't expect it from any other teams before this team could accomplish something.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Honestly, with guys like Terry, Ariza, Beverley, and Harden all talking about how much they relish playing physical, tough, hard-nosed basketball, I think this team is embracing that as well. I can't wait to add Dwight back to the fold, and watch as this defense becomes even more tenacious and relentless.

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

I'm not sure if Dwight can add to the Rocket's reputation. He might drag it towards the "soft" side. ;)

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Unless he kicks someone first game back...

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, and I like it. It has actually been a long time in coming. Neither Yao or TMac had the temperament for that. Hakeem did. Mad Max and you can name other lesser players like Sura. Rudy played hard. I like that attitude and demeanor. Dirty is different. Tough and hard nosed is good.

10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

NBA fans have always hated on perimeter players who get to the line a ton.

LeBron James in his Cleveland days would bulldoze guys way more than what we saw yesterday and people hated him, called him unskilled, etc... Then he started winning in Miami and now we have 'fans' at the Toyota Center cheering after a LeBron dunk.

Some of the hate for Harden will go away once he delivers in the playoffs (either a deep run or a championship maybe).

Some of the hate will linger on just because he's great, and some because he'll always be good at drawing contact and getting to the line.

11. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Media and refs be like...

[​IMG]

Clutchfans be like...

[​IMG]

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The problem is there are too many negatively spun stories, this this thread wouldn't be easy to handle. I think we may need a new forum for something like that. Of course then 90 percent of GARM discussion would cease...

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Serious question: does the media hate Houston as much as we HATE the **** REFS?????

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE

THIS IS BULL****

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just remember CLYDE and the Rockets getting Jobbed in our second Championship run
    Took the Mayor's wife saying something and a spark was made
    the rest is history

Rocket River

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

We're gonna need 2 hate threads for the amount of collective hate

16. dream2franchise

Anyone see these?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Memo to Rockets fans who can't handle anyone not named James Harden being discussed for MVP: I'm at a Warriors game &amp; may tweet about Curry</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/574654697857945600">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick">@sam_amick</a> And to (otherwise great but) hypersensitive national media, most HOU fans understand there's a field of worthy MVP candidates...</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/574662821297811456">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This goes on btw. Bima sticking up for Red Nation.

17. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Bima is our #RedNationHero

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member