1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden isolation dribble for 22 seconds step back 3 has GOT TO STOP.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2017.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Save your breath, T for 3. Holic thrives on people disagreeing with him, because it lets him demonstrate his superior basketball knowledge.

The more you disagree with him, the longer, more incorrect, and more condescending his posts get.

#101 topfive, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude Manu hasn't done **** all playoffs now all the sudden bbhollic is deeming him the Spurs 3rd star.

T for 3 likes this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

haha I kind of want to get to the point where he says rubio is the answer :)

Tha_Dude, Pen15clubber and topfive like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

First off, I love Harden as a Rocket. I take the good with the bad. He played a very good game through 3.5 quarters. We can all agree to that. OK so now to my gripe.

Last night, I said to the wife, "I wish that I could see James just once say to his teammates, 'My Bad.'" I get that he is THE engine that drives this team. He's quick to get onto his teammates in this ongoing growth to be a more vocal leader, yet I have yet to see him say "my bad" for anything. Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it. Maybe he does in the locker room or something. If he's going to bark at teammates, at least hold yourself accountable as well. "I missed shots" is such a cop out.

With PG13 in the first round, there was a lot of talk about hero ball vs. making the right play. I would think, Harden knows it's widely known he is the single most important reason for the Rockets' success this season. So making the right play > being the hero for the game. I wish I knew the truth behind why he seemed to be ignoring all his teammates that fought with him to that point, and to have bad possession after bad possession.

3Rings likes this.
  6. basketballholic

Last night. No comparison.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

so who is it that you believe morey should covet as his second creator, since he already coaxed Harden in to signing long term?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

The 3s/layups/free throws offense works 95% of the game, but during clutch moments, Harden and the team need to be willing to shoot mid-range. If we're actually in a clutch situation, getting 2 points-per-possession is really good and will almost always win you games. Every point swings win probability your way in a very exaggerated fashion the closer you are to the buzzer. We don't need 3s at the end and we shouldn't take them unless we're wide open.

9. dmoneybangbang

This type of decision making is a weakness Harden will have to get over. One can only hope MDA pointed it out in the film session.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

This dribble forever and take a step-back three is only a problem at the end of quarters/games. At the end of almost every close game, Harden usually has a turnover or two. Or three. I don't know if it's too predictable or he's tired. But I called it as soon as it was evident that the game was going to come down to the wire.

11. chandlerbang21

harden naturally plays slower than most

12. basketballholic

Well, Patty Mills for example. There's a guy that can take chaos and make something out of it. He is not just a straight line driver.

Shaun Livingston.

Curry, Lowry, Rondo, and Paul obviously.
    Hayward and George obviously.

Iguodala
    Sergio
    Calderon
    Collison
    Jack
    P. Jackson
    Teodosic
    Spanoulis
    Frank Mason III
    Fred Van Vleet

There's just a few playmakers with great court vision, awareness, passing skills, and great handles and bball iq to take care of the basketball and create great looks for their teammates even under pressure and against great defenses.

I'm not saying all these guys are ideal fits or obtainable. They are simply examples of players that take care of the basketball, that have a great handle, that have high bball iq, and can find guys open anywhere on the court, and can deliver the ball after creating the look.

13. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I have to agree with Steven A Smith Harden is playing to many mins... And when he gets gassed he is NOT THE SAME player... He has to get more rest.....

14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

There is a reason that Harden does that. He is such a high usage player that it is a way for him to rest while still on the court. (The other way is to talk plays off on defense.)

By dribbling for 20 seconds, he gets rest without having to go on the bench.

#114 celebrevida, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  15. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

NO!! he played only good in the first half. from the third quarter, he starts to jack up all kinds of TOs and 3s. better review the game.
    but played extremely terrible in the 4th and OT.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol finally. i love harden and i'm not giving up on him. i believe in this dude. but finally someone called out the fact that those moments aren't coaching lol

17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

LOL

Patty Mills and Lou Williams are basically the same player. The main difference is that Mills has been playing in the Spurs system for several years now and has grown comfortable with it, while Williams has moved from team to team and hasn't fully developed the same chemistry with Houston yet.

Patty Mills was a scrub before he went to San Antonio, Pop turned him into a solid piece but let's not pretend that he could come here and become and instant playermaker next to Harden.

Also, who the **** is Fred Van Vleet, man? Sounds like he should be a manager at Twin Peaks, and probably will be before he ever does anything in the NBA.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Trade harden for Shaun Livingston...boom. Championship!

19. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

You mean Steve Franchise revival tour is back ....

napalm06 likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Many of those names were laughable. Calderon? Pierre Jackson? Jarrett Jack who didn't even play this year? Frank Mason who has yet to play 1 second of NBA ball? Lol.