1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden isolation dribble for 22 seconds step back 3 has GOT TO STOP.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2017.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

"James Harden" and "Houston Rockets" gotta stop

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He didn't even try to run a play.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

What do you expect when you have a 7 man rotation?

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It reminds me of all the time Jordan dribbled out the clock for 22 seconds then took a fadeaway 3...oh wait... he never did that b/c he wasn't a p***y...

nolenium likes this.
  5. Mr. Space City

harden's lack of an off-ball game is why this happens.

6. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Horrible. Stand around for the whole shot clock...youre not going to get as many good shots. Stupid hero ball

Morey got all these weapons and you just stand around and waste the whole shot clock...no time left to create for them or use them

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Hard to cheer for someone who is self-absorbed for glory.

deb4rockets and cheke64 like this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I agree. MDA keeps talking about playing with pace. But then Harden crosses half court with 16 seconds on shot clock and then goes into ISO mode. Frustrating as hell.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, no, no, no, no...what got us there was Harden pushing the pace and attacking early, not losing his got damn mind and using most of the shot clock to hoist up 1 of his patented off the dribble brick threes and have careless turnovers

How do u get stripped twice by Simmons from behind?!? I'm so pissed right now.

#29 Reeko, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TERRIBLE EXECUTION down the stretch. Kept screaming to stop running the shot clock down, dribbling air out of the ball and then making a dumb predictable move

Just play free flowing Rockets offense which was doing well

That **** totally threw everyone off and Rockets never recovered.

deb4rockets and swyyyguy like this.
  11. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

what a loser

ISOBall likes this.
  12. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Yes, it has to stop. Better ball movement please. I am still confident we can win this series as both Leonard and Gasol are hurt.
    We need to give some playing time to Dekker and Harrell, we were so gassed starting the 4th Q.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Comin from the effeminate guy who made the james frauden thread. Stfu b****1n estrogen boy. Doesn't help nothing.

davidio840 and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. fabit74

fabit74 Member

I love the Rockets... and yes James Harden is a wonderful player. BUT!!! Once this guy gets tired he is a disaster! He does not posses that killer drive, James get's stupid lazy and by that I mean his decision making goes of the rails. I've watch the Rockets for 30 plus years, noway they make it with James leading the way, just go back and look at his playoff performances.

deb4rockets and MoonBus like this.
  15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I say, move him to SG in the 4th and let Pat Bev run the point.... or move Harden to SF in the 4th

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

So you agree or disagree? Do you like these Harden shot clock killing isolation possessions?

17. basketballholic

Ummmmmmm. Why you upset? There's nothing infuriating here. Did you really not expect this? I mean, he's been jacking these pull ups all season and hitting them at around 29-30%. I think he's taken right around 6 pull up threes a game in the regular season. (Didn't check the chucks the last couple months so it may be ever more.)

We watched this the whole season. When the defender gets rubbed off but there's a seven foot monster waiting on him in the paint, he's consistently jacked the pull-up because he didn't know what else to do when the shooters are covered.

Now we're in the playoffs where the defense and physicality are both ratcheted up several notches. You should expect he's going to fire even more of those stupid shots now than he did in the regular season. It would be crazy to expect him to jack less of them.

You need to calm down. This isn't going to change until Harden matures enough to play alongside another creator who can create shots for the team when the defense keys down on Harden like they do every playoffs.

18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

It's the F)cking turnovers that i am super pissed at...i dont care if he missed

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Harden hitting a few pull ups early is a horrible thing, because then he assumes he can do it consistently.

MoonBus likes this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ricky Rubio!!!!!!!!! His team must be killin it about now