1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Jul 13, 2015.

1. 713

713 Member

because game of thrones don't return till April

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

was this a good episode?

i'm still hurting after the james departure. also don't want to deal with a cowboys loss in depth...

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great episode. The cowboys game was glossed over in terms of the actual outcome, it focused on the fringe players play.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Covington and Crick rotating this year will be a plus for this team.

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

"How you gonna fart in the huddle?"

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn, I enjoyed the series. The tv show "the league" starts tonight....and then football tomorrow. I love this time of year.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

dammmmit!!!

they took it off youtube...will rep for links!!

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The final season of "The League" too.

9. thejav

thejav Member

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes, as was said before... its usually the focus.

I'm actually surprised they spent as much time on the big names (Cushing and Watt) as they did... then again, Watt's popularity transcends all norms. He's by far the most popular (nationwide) Houston athlete ever.

Hard Knocks really got their "star" in the form of Bill O'Brien. One of the most commanding personalities to ever be featured on the show. Completely blew away what Rex Ryan did a few years ago (and made guys like Joe Philbin and Mike Smith look like pansy-leaders).

He's the perfect coach for this young team... now he just needs to acquire the talent to make it all come together.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

guys it was GRIMES

They did talk about Nix some, well charles james did...didn't Nix fail his physical in Buffalo or something? If he's not healthy, then there's nothing much to say there, anyway.

All we need is a third piano-playing RB and they can go on America's Got Talent.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nix failed his physical for the Giants yesterday, was released, passed today, and re-signed with them.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Wow KB is 27? I didn't think he was that old. I know he had been bouncing around but man that is tough plugging away for so long trying to make it in the pros. I hope he makes it onto a team somewhere. I love what HK does. In a sport where you rarely ever see a players face, it brings you closer to them, especially the ones that aren't superstars.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Clowney Clip from Hard Knocks. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/rXT9JP2Rr0">https://t.co/rXT9JP2Rr0</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/641744072403718145">September 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^^

He was literally a blur!

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Duane got worked so hard there...not sure if Im more impressed with Clowney or more concerned with Brown.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To me it kind of looks like Brown isn't trying too hard there. Probably because he knows Clowney isn't really going to lay a massive hit on anyone like he might do in a game. But I am a little concerned as well especially since the rest of the line is not exactly rock solid. We need that LT to be reliable or the whole Oline could be a disaster this season.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, it might be half-ass because the play isn't going his way. But, man - the point is Clowney's explosion: look how much ground he eats up....

BOB stopped just short of drooling; he fully recognizes the potential havoc they could cause with a healthy defense.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member