1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

First thing i thought of when i saw Vince...

[​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fun and games when Wilfork does this. Dwight cracks a smile and the media wants to noose him up from Time Square.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Because Dwight was basically a lead NBA story for 3 goddamned years in a row full of wishy-washy behavior.

The media basically hates his guts even though he is (now) a model teammate and citizen.

That bridge is burned.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apples meet oranges

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Vince Wilfork has earned people's respect by winning Super Bowls and being a key part of those. You get a lot more leeway once you are a winner.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is football. Basketball players get much more attention, with the exception of "superstar" quaterbacks. For good and bad.

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Dwight Howard is way more well known than Vince Wilfork. Wilfork is a nobody compared to Dwight.

9. the shark

the shark Member

Seeing Wilfork in that outfit was flat out funny as hell.

10. AB423

AB423 Member

Erin Andrews wanted Charles James's D

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fun RT <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLFilms">@NFLFilms</a>: Tonight on <a href="https://twitter.com/HBO">@hbo</a> watch <a href="https://twitter.com/ShutDownCB1">@ShutDownCB1</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hardknocks?src=hash">#Hardknocks</a> fan <a href="https://twitter.com/ErinAndrews">@ErinAndrews</a> meet. Ep 4 airs at 10pmET/9pmC! <a href="http://t.co/xPVz8fXKts">pic.twitter.com/xPVz8fXKts</a></p>&mdash; Erin Andrews (@ErinAndrews) <a href="https://twitter.com/ErinAndrews/status/638785315029843968">September 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Wilfork acts like that to be funny...Dwight doesn't act.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wilfork is one funny dude. Probably couldn't do all of that in New England.

14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Random, but how come they don't release Hard Knocks on DVD or Blu Ray?

15. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Probably due to the cost of manufacturing versus only fans of the Team buying the product. Just not a money maker.

16. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

Vince Wilfork and JJ Watt = instant best friends

next episode tandem bike! ala
    [​IMG]

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Im not a Texans fan, but this season has turned me into a huge fan of Bill O'Brien.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Agree to an extent. Disappointed HBO/NFL Films didn't show more of the reaction to Mallet missing practice. Conversations by teammates and then what teammates had to say to Mallet- unless BoB nixed it when he got to look at the episode on Monday.

I think Mallet did set his alarm. I might be wrong but in his convo with Rick, he mentioned buying a battery for his alarm clock so I guess he probably lost power at night, his alarm clock stopped working and didn't go off in the morning. If he had a battery then it would've kept going. I had a professor who had that happened to him one morning. We all went out to get batteries for our alarm clocks after that. It happens. Just bad timing for Mallet. Plus it also shows he isn't getting JJ Watt sleep length otherwise he wouldn't really need the alarm clock. (If one goes to sleep at 8pm or 9pm, I feel most adults would be up w/o an alarm by 6 or 7am).

I dont get the Mallet insults because of the way he was talking to Rick Smith. He seemed to be talking to Rick Smith in his normal accent, same demeanour he speaks with everyone. He added some cussing because apparently his coach and his GM aren't that bothered having discussions with players that cuss, that's not a problem for them. I didnt see anything wrong with what Mallet said or how he came off during his convo with Rick. Regardless, Savage just gives off more of a vibe that he will be the #2 by the end of the season and possibly even start by then or next season. I feel the show has done the fans a disservice in terms of not showing the fans more of the 3 QBs, letting us see how they get along off the field, what they do off the field-familywise, with friends, coaches, etc. Would've been nice to see a bit more of Savage, Mallet and Hoyer.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

lol damn, she really has it for him doesn't she? Why cant it be meeeh??

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not sure if Erin wants Charles James' D, or if that attention w**** just wants to be on HBO so she decided to approach the one practice player they've been showing the most.

1 person likes this.