1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The GS Warriors new arena project is amazing

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClutchCityReturns, Aug 26, 2013.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Parking will be fine. It's never been a problem for me when I go to Giants games, and that stadium seats 2.5 times the amount of people.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Except people don't need to drive cars in San Francisco. The entire city is less than half the size of the inner loop in Houston and they have excellent public transit.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the Bay Bridge, not the Golden Gate.

For those talking about parking, I think you're overestimating how many people drive in San Francisco. Most commute via public transit and the proposed arena is along the Embarcadero, same as AT&T Park. It's close to downtown BART stations and, if you're coming from the south bay, a little bit of a walk from the CalTrain station.

4. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This.

Very few of us in the city drive to AT&T Park as it is. We just jump on MUNI (or CalTrain if you're coming up the Peninsula; BART if coming from Oakland/East Bay). First rate mass transit system.

Houston is a much different animal.

5. VBG

VBG Member

It looks beautiful.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looks great, but mother nature is a *****. Not sure I'd put a stadium...on water...

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow. The window view from inside of the lit up bridge is spectacular...especially considering that is also their logo.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its an odd location out on a pier in the "elements".

Having been to San Fran once, I can say that its probably less dependent on needing vast arena parking than other cities.

(The "real people" photos seem kinda creepy for some reason)

There are speculators saying it probably won't be ready by the 2017 projection, too many logistical obstacles already

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

That's exactly what this new stadium will destroy for the warriors. The reason Oakland is such a passionate base is bc they've been in oracle forever and once you switch to a new stadium and hike up the prices to afford that waterside property, those passionate fans will be replaced by corporate drones, much like toyota center and other newer arenas around the sports world. As far as I can remember, the Summit was a much better atmosphere than Toyota Center. Pretty sure the Warriors fanbase will suffer the same fate.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Again, its not the golden gate bridge. Its the Bay bridge.

Not sure how the arena size would affect the view. I'm sure the rendering attempted to gauge what the actual view would look like from the site.

Its cool because the bridge is their logo as well.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only when the Summit had good teams... better teams than any that have played in Toyota Center.

When they had bad teams, they barely drew 9,000 fans a game. Hell, they drew ~ 12,000 for a playoff game during the TITLE run because it was "mothers day".

12. MonKing

MonKing Member

There will be a swing in core fans with the new stadium, that's for sure, though many who went to Oakland will still come to SF. But the Giants ballpark has shown that a stadium along the water can be a great success; they have been one of the top selling teams since it opened.

Can't wait for this new arena to open; it will be spectacular. It will be huge hit with San Franciscans. Yes, prices will rise and people will complain about the loss of "real fans". But it certain to be a huge success. Great location, great use of dilapidated old piers.

13. MonKing

MonKing Member

"Elements"? In San Francisco? :) Yes, there can be problems with the 2017 opening; god knows SF has a hard time getting things done. But hopefully Mayor Lee will be able to keep things moving.

(Funny how the rendering shows Marin but no GGB.)

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Can you imagine an "in the water" sports stadium in the Houston/Galveston area?! Wouldn't last long. The Bay area weather is more moderate.

15. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

The renderings of the arena and the views it affords are impressive, but it seems out of place on the water next to the Bay Bridge. Then again, there's only a finite amount of available real estate in San Francisco, so I guess I can see why they decided to build it on the water.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It shall be a joy watching my Rockets destroy the warriors in this new beautiful arena.

17. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

The layout looks just like American Airlines Arena in Miami.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Gonna suck when there is an earthquake. Gonna call into the bay.

They're gonna lose their fan edge, what made them special. Look at the idiots at Toyota center.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

ManU and the Titans. Gross :(

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Someone's going to get mugged by a seal or even a Walrus.