1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Grizzlies Are A Lame Franchise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by don grahamleone, Oct 12, 2017.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Tony Allen? Lol.

Zach Randolph, makes sense to me.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rockets pretty much just came off a run that was superior to Memphis in every way, and I don't exactly feel a groundswell of support for guys being viewed as all time Rockets legends.

Gordon and Tucker, we really appreciate what you did but we sure as hell aren't retiring your number. It really does reek of desperation to canonize a run of pretty good, but not great basketball.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/20...dolph-effect-nba-memphis-grizzlies-retirement

ZBo likely meant more to Memphis and its community, more than EGo or Tucker ever will, to the Houston community. Of all the players to ever play for the Grizz, I think Pau and ZBo are the first two names that come to mind, when deciding to retire jerseys.

That said, Tony Allen? lmao da fuq?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like it...these people put fans in the seats....TC is always half empty...and finally someone who recognizes the chip or bust culture is a fraud....not everybody need to be a champion... to compete...this is the real championship

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

To be fair, they are still fairly new. Most expansion teams aren't going to have alot of HOF-talent off the bat. They've also moved from another city, so they should be given some leeway.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Eh, whatever. They've got their grit and grind shtick to rally around until they actually win something or gain a mega-star, so I'm not gonna laugh. We've got Carroll Dawson's "number" hanging from the rafters and people outside the org probably wouldn't understand that, either. I mean, I'm still not sure anything will top the Miami Heat retiring Jordan's number. lol.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i remember as a kid marveling in front of the tv at the sight of michael jordan flying on the court for the miami heat back in the 70s

8. omgTHEpotential

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

ja will make a fine coach post retirement

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  10. Milos

Milos Member

How bout Marc Gasol and Mike Conley?
    The 2 cornerstones of that era who both spent their entire primes leading the best teams in franchise history?

ZBo made his mark in Portland first, and played less than half his seasons there
    Pau will always be remembered more for his Lakers contributions, and is only the second best Gasol to play for the Grizz

To me, Conley is Mr. Grizzly, and Marc is a close second, although the better overall player at his peak

11. conquistador#11

Leave my boy Big Country out of this
    [​IMG]

don grahamleone and King1 like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's a bit too early for Marc since he's still technically active as a player, even if it's not with the Grizzlies / NBA. And Conley is still a member of the Jazz.

I'm sure Marc and Mike will have their jerseys retired by the Grizzlies someday...but since Pau and ZBo are actually retired, they should get the nod first.

Patience and Milos like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Actually they tight as f*ck for giving OKC a W

We are now tied with the Pelicans for that #3 worst record, which would give us the maximum odds for a top 3 pick. Lets go

Tuckankhamun and clos4life like this.
  14. a time to chill

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

a time to chill likes this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Morants a rockets fan and jalens buddy. Bring him here.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

@HardenVolumeOne

This is your chance to dump on Ja Morant and claim he's a fake star pushed by the NBA like Flake Griffin was.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They might not want kpj. I could definitely see them demanding josh christopher, Sengun and a first.