1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the greatest crossover since the Reagan Democrats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Granville

Granville Member

People deserve trust and respect until they prove otherwise. The Clintons should be bankrupt when it comes to trust and respect from the American public.

2. Nook

Nook Member

The FBI doesn't trust her? Do they trust Trump, investigating his alleged connections to Russia? Did the FBI not trust all the prior Presidential candidates and top officials that they have investigated?

Does it bother you that GW Bush has voted for Hillary and his surrogates are filing lawsuits questioning the basic ethics of the FBI involvement in the Clinton e-mail witch hunt?

So the unbelievable recklessness of Donald Trump in his business and personal life will magically change when he is President of the USA?

You voted for Johnson? Well.... you basically voted for Hillary, getting a staunch Republican to vote for the third party candidate is a victory in her book.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People also deserve to be innocent until proven guilty unless they boastfully brag about what they are accused over.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Exactly. Staunch conservatives like Granville would never vote for Hillary regardless of her corruption. Hillary without the massive baggage is what? Maybe Elizabeth Warren? I doubt Granville would ever vote for someone like her. Thus it's a vote for the Democrat when a staunch conservative doesn't vote for the Republican nominee.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Are they investigating Trump, much less simultaneous investigations? Did they admit in front of Congress that many of her answers to their questions during an investigation were untrue? Why do I care if Bush didn't vote for Trump if I didn't myself? That's a stupid question to ask.

And you think the Clinton's will change??? LOL We know what they do when in Office.

Actually since Trump will carry Texas, no I didn't vote for Hillary.

6. Granville

Granville Member

Look man, you don't know me. I argued on this board with Republicans over gun control. I actually voted for Bill Clinton the first time he ran. I don't line up 100% behind the Republican party.

7. Granville

Granville Member

You should trademark those words of wisdom. Never heard anyone say that version......

8. Nook

Nook Member

You just said you voted all Republican down ballot.

You are going back 25 years ago to prove that you don't line up 100% behind the Republican party?

You and your arguments/positions are like sand in the hand.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Yeah, I did vote Republican outside of the President. It's the first time I have done so. I usually go position by position when I cast a vote. The crooked **** coming out in the Democratic Party has turned me off this year and I voted in protest of that. So what? I didn't say I wasn't a Republican either.

How do you vote?

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Usually true, but I wonder if it's as true for this election. How many of the Never Trumpers would vote for Hillary if there was no 3rd party candidate on the ballot? They're called Never Trumpers for a reason.

11. Nook

Nook Member

How do I vote, usually close to 50/50 Republican since taking residence in Illinois/Ohio.

When I was in Texas I voted Democrat 75-80% of the time.

When I bought a home in California and lived there for a few years, I voted Republican at the local level probably 60% of the time.

There is a huge difference between the parties at the state and local level in the Midwest compared to Texas.

In Texas I was registered as a Democrat I believe, not so in Illinois or Ohio.

The Democrat party is becoming the party of the elites, which I am not entirely comfortable with........ but the Republican party has become the party of incompetence, racism and lacks ANY progressive values.... they have absolutely no vision for the future or offer any ideas as to make the USA even a better place to live.

I also have a strong distaste for extremists, especially in a country like the United States.

mtbrays likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

That is a good question and I do not know for sure.

I have heard a number of moderate Republican friends state that they believed in a two party system and will vote Hillary.... although I think some of these would have been labeled Reagan Democrats 35 years ago.

13. Granville

Granville Member

Thanks for your response. I respect your opinions. I don't agree with them all but that's ok. The local level is where I tended to stray from straight Republican voting as I have personally known some Dems on the ballot that I supported.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trump wants to BE the system that he "gamed." Oh right, I forgot, he wants to change the tax code so it will be a new system . . . coz rich people are paying too much in taxes (zero), and if rich people paid less (than zero) in taxes, obviously they would not keep the money--coz coz coz--they don't want to keep the money! Except for Trump. . . . So the rich people will take the taxes they didn't pay and give that money to some employees to create even more money! That is a great plan. If we can figure out a way to actually give money to Trump on tax day, he will naturally pass that money on to some hotel maids and stiffed contractors. Def gonna MAGA!

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I am not sure the Democrat party is the party of elites, but I agree the party base of Republican party is totally destroyed by the tea party idiots.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

TRUMP IS ONE OF THOSE RICH "FRIENDS". TRUMP IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF SELLOUT. HE HAS DONE THAT HIS ENTIRE CAREER. TRUMP F***ING STEAKS FOR F**KS SAKE.

how is this lost on the trump supporters that think he has the common man's interest in the slightest??? his entire life - ALL OF IT - has been centered around how he is so much richer and better and smarter than the common man, about how much more he gets away with because he's so rich and powerful and famous. what makes him "well-meaning" other than him knowing by simply saying those words, regardless of what his entire life has demonstrated, the mouth-breathers will eat it up because "f*** hillary!"

i don't get it. i just don't.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Was it the golden toilets or the endorsement from the KKK that made you believe he connects more with common folk?

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Reagan? Clinton? Please! No one beats these crossovers, adoo. And this is not even including the ones in practice.

Edit: corrected...I thought Sam Fisher was the OP.

19. Dei

Dei Member

No. The fact he actually got popular support by the common folk, even with golden toilets and endorsement from the KKK, just like how Obama got support by black supremacists.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Black supremacists?

Please explain