1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great p*rn Experiment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Lol, classic episode

"I calculated my odds of ever getting together with a Portuguese waitress. Mathematically, I had to do it, Jerry."

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Do you have any studies or scientific evidence like this guy in the TED talk has about the statement you just made which I bolded above? Or is this just your personal opinion and way of rationalizing your own spank habit? You punching the clown a little too much DonnyMost? In denial?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You realize the guy in the TED talk didn't say masturbation was unhealthy, right? He showed how frequent usage (overuse/abuse) of p*rn and fapping to that p*rn is unhealthy. Something which is perfectly logical and the studies showing the neurological effects of it are fascinating.

There's a lot of great info on the benefits of masturbation. It's something which can help your love life as well as tank it. Masturbation is practice sex, after all. You can use it to teach yourself how to maintain arousal and achieve more satisfying orgasms. You can also use it night and day and torpedo any chance of getting laid. Kind of like the knife that cuts your food can also be used to harm.

Of course, smashing the real thing is preferable. But there's nothing wrong with a little self love when the real thing isn't available. Just don't use it as a crutch.

4. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I didn't get through the whole presentation. It makes sense that over flogging the salami probably impairs your in person sex life. There have been times where I was with a woman but needed a little assistance from Rosy Palmer and her five assistants for "the final act"...just because it was what I was used to.

However the idea of total abstention from masturbation just seems like an extension of the American Puritanical ethic....it's tastes good and smells good, for goodness sakes don't eat it...here have a rice cake. It feels good, for goodness sake don't do it....here...channel your 15 minutes into developing business ideas or on an elliptical.

5. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I think you nailed it here.

Cause just being addicted to p*rn doesn't immediately equate to not being able to talk to women as much as it's just one of the side effects. In my experience, what I did required me to remain social, network and mingle but I do clearly recall lulls in creativity and ambition. I certainly procrastinated much then. And once I stopped being celibate, I'd have sex here and there but it'd almost have to fall into my lap. I'd have a girl shoot me a booty text at 11pm and just like Donny said, somehow, mentally I'd easily convince myself that I couldn't be bothered at the time.

I mean.. holy ****, not to pull a douche/Ronny comment, but I can remember coming back to Houston and having 3 girls hitting me up to get down on the same day and I some-****ing-how thought that I couldn't be ****ed (no pun) to try and consolidate a plan to see all three much less one.

I'm telling you - watching this TED was a revelation for sure.

LOL watch me get signed in 8 months now

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This wasn't a true TED talk as well.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LcefX9TPlkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He is just saying what most men should already know...stop stroking yourself and have someone else do it for you...bc the more you do it by yourself...the less pleasurable it will be when others are doing it for you...

internet (fantasy)sex bad...real (reality)sex good...

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Years ago, I used to read the back page opinionated editorial of a certain arts/music newsprint. The editorial frequently featured Q&A and advice from a relationship/sex expert. He often used the term "death-grip masturbation".

The idea was that men could become so familiar with their 'death-grip' masturbation that when they would have sex there would be no pleasure (and great dissapointment). He stated that young teens, by substituting a non-existant 'death-grip' assumption for what sex ought to be, would be greatly decieved by the actual act- similar to 'whiskey dick'.

He stated it could cause near permanent erectile dysfunction; the shattering of the illusion could have such perverse side-effects that men would abstain from sex rather than masturbation. For younger persons, one severe complication that would arise is the unfamiliarity with body motion, breathing and stance needed to perform sex - mainly emphasizing the stamina needed.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I guess I didn't realize just how lucky I am.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^Awesome. Good for you, GroomanRocketgrux95. :)

I didn't think I had a major problem to begin with, but I have seen improvement. DAY 4 starts right now and I must say that in 3 days, for me, there have been GOOD changes. :eek: Anyone care to join me in following the EXPERIMENT and giving updates on their progress?

EDIT: ONE minute after I post this, I saw that someone updated the "Best Ass" thread, and I used my will power not to click on it... I know my wife will thank me.

#51 SwoLy-D, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  12. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

You know you love masturbating when your wet dream is you masturbating

13. SwoLy-D

^ :confused: I've never had a "wet dream"... the actual physical reaction... am I "missing out" on one of the great 'American Experience'? :grin:

14. VanityHalfBlack

15. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

tried so hard to stay away from pron...but i've just now broken my weekend streak...last night i tried to only use photos of chicks in clothing... =(

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm on day 2. :(

17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I believe this is day 19 for me without p*rn. I have only participated in some self-lovin' about 3 times in this time frame.

I would say that I have made a good choice so far. This is a life-long journey for me though as I see no benefit in watching p*rn moving forward.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

People in poorer countries don't make an adequate control group. There are more variables.

19. SwoLy-D

I thought about that LONG... and HARD... maybe it means just NOT looking at pr0n, but I have not indulged in that activity. Only with Mrs. SwoLy in the meantime, and it has been AWESOME. :eek: Are you sure we're allowed that? Do you have a significant other/spouse/fiance/partner?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One might think that the logical thing to do would be to have a significant other who shares an interest in the subject being discussed. One of two things would seem to be the outcome, all things being as equal as they ever get. Either both are aroused by the subject matter, or both are equally "dis-aroused." That assumes the two test subjects share the same level of interest in sex. So I would posit that one cure for the alleged "p*rn addiction downside" would be to have a significant other with an equal interest in the subject.

Makes sense to me, at any rate. I'll need to do further research to confirm my analysis, of course.