1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The girl with the mattress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 22, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. The girl is right - the guy raped her

3.2%
  2. The girl is a psycho ex who is trying to take revenge

52.4%
  3. I detect bias - need more facts

44.4%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Remii is seriously the worst poster here (the only rival might be Exiled). And that is saying something, when you have the likes of glynch, Northside Intern, Mathloom, trustme, adeelsiddiqui etc. around.

2. andersongo

andersongo Member

Not sure if sarcasm.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, that guy really is crazy.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You need me to explain to you why lying about being raped is disrespectful to people who actually were raped? That really ought to be self-explanatory.....in fact, how is that not self-explanatory? It trivializes something that is incredibly serious, and is deeply personal to those people.

SMH, it's his fault that he hooked up with someone twice that ended up being insane? I now know you're trolling me Remii.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like to me that there's an undercurrent of "yeah we got problems but we're still better than the rest of the world" theme going on here.

What does the rest of the world have to do with it being a problem here? I don't think anyone is trying to incriminate the USA as a rape haven or backwards country.

Fact is there are a lot of rapists in this country getting away with it. And that's disturbing.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What doesn't it have to do with it? Is it somehow a different crime in the USA?

You must not have read any of Northside Intern's posts in this thread. Can't really blame you for that one either.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sounds like some people are using the fact that it is worse or prevalent in other places in the world as an excuse.

I didn't but not because I don't respect Northside storm but because it seems like a lot of the exchanges were you guys just insulting one another and petty back and forth.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nobody did that.

If you didn't read them then don't claim that nobody is incriminating the USA as a rape haven, because that is precisely what lil' intern is doing.

Apparently you didn't read much, but are assuming a whole lot.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Then why are people constantly bringing up other countries to defend the USA?

I don't think N.S. is doing that. I give him credit. He's a good guy with good intentions which is more than one can say about many other posters in this thread.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Stop asking dumb questions.

Morons of the world unite!

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the most important question is, why do you think anyone is "making an excuse" for rape? There certainly haven't been any posts in this thread doing that yet for some reason that line keeps getting repeated.

Also, why is a case about a crazy woman making an ass out of herself reason to start a commentary about national or global rape statistics? It seems like some want to turn a thread about an innocent man being demonized for something he didn't do into a thread about actual rape or about actual rapists. I wonder why that is?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

As I have learned with you, whenever you are backed into a corner and are losing an argument, you resort to personal attacks / insults.

I'll take this as proof that once again you are too weak to admit defeat. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have fun trolling.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You admit you haven't read the thread, come up with dumb questions and then declare some kind of victory.

I am mildly amused.

14. Remii

Remii Member

No... I'm not being sarcastic. If you're going to be a player than you better make sure your game is tight. If not, stay home and read the bible and be faithful to who you already have and control your horny animalistic desires to mate with anyone you see.

Because I'm not sure actual rape victims concern themselves with who lie about it or not. Actual rape victims are probably more concerned with not being believed and or being made to seem it was their fault they was raped.

Go back in read your very 1st post on page one. You said "you have to watch who you sleep with." How is that any different from what I just said...???

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think the original thread was a pretty straightforward topic that nearly - nearly everyone seriously doubts her claim. And the discussion moved into a national conversation.

It seems that people are suggesting or implying that rape was less of an issue and some of the stats were inflated and using this woman as a case-in-point.

Here's the question - how often do we think that a claim of rape is falsified?

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Dafuq is that even supposed to mean.

It's about how actual rape victims who report rapes are being seen. Logically (but probably too challenging for you to comprehend), the more false claims there are, the higher the suspicion that another report is also false - even if it is right.

How it is different? What he said makes sense. What you said is complete nonsense.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Here's the question - why don't you read the damn thread and look for your answer.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Disagreeing with numbers from a flawed study isn't suggesting or implying that rape is less of an issue.....it's just saying that the results of a flawed study are probably wrong.

Do I believe that rape is a serious issue? Absolutely. Do I believe that 37% of women will be raped between the ages of 14-20? No, not at all.

Actually, that kind of exaggeration for effect does more damage than anything else.

As to how often "we" think that a claim of rape is falsified, IMO it is a case by case situation. If the facts of the case don't support the allegations, I believe the allegations to be falsified.....same as any crime.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

In college we were told it was 1 in 4 by the time they graduated college. And most rapes get unreported.

I think falsified rapes are probably the rare exception vs. the norm. Most women don't report rape yet they are devastating experiences for them. Whatever number you settled on, there's a high chance that a woman we all know in our life in some capacity as a relative, friend, or even co-worker who has been raped and just would never tell us.

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I'll be nice here and note that for somebody who started a thread warning against the dangers of the court of public opinion, you have an interesting approach to spurring that on further. :)