1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The GARM is Boring

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ElPigto, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Man oh man. I remember a few years ago when I would venture into this section it would be so much fun about reading about the Rockets.

Now it has become one of the most boring sections of the this system. Everything is so systematic. The Rockets cannot lose one game without everybody losing their minds. Hell, if we don't win by 10+ everyone is sh!tting bricks. Heck if we lose a lead many are wishing for players to get traded, coaches to be fired, and medical staff to be castrated.

Doesn't it get boring to say the same thing over and over and over again. It would be so much easier if Clutch (or any of the other mods) would just sticky a thread for each topic that comes up after every single loss (or near loss). The typical ones:

-Yao is unclutch
    -Ron shoots too many shots
    -Aaron Brooks is not a starter
    -Lets get rid of Adelman
    -We miss Rafer :rolleyes:

Same crap over and over. Same complaints over and over. Same everything. Nothing original, nothing new. Some posters are just plain childish. I usually respect every opinion but its hard when every single loss causes a knee-jerk reaction. It is annoying that one day the team is being praised and the other everyone is hitting the panic button.

So okay, I've said all this, but what the heck is my point? Well my point is that many of you just need to take a dam chill pill. Things we should know about this team are the following:

1) We are not contenders. Expectations are extremely high at times but just face it, we are not going to win a championship this year. Is it bad for us to have hope? Hell no it isn't. So for all you debbie downers, just let those who have faith in this team to have that faith. Perhaps their prayers will reach the basketball Gods and who knows, maybe we'll win.

2) Yao is great player but he has physical limitations. By now, most should know that Rick Adelman is really stubborn about his line ups. He doesn't manage Yao's minutes correctly which is why Yao becomes very fatigued at the end of games. Is it his fault, not really. His body has limitations since he is so huge. Another thing is that he takes a pounding every single game. He's been playing year round for years now. Just be realistic about your expectations about Yao. I think most of you all take him for granted. Imagine this team when all we had was Kelvin Cato.

In Houston we been spoiled with centers. Ralph Sampson, Moses Malone, The Dream, and Yao. Think about it we are spoiled. Yao might not shove his foot up every players ass, but he sure as hell bust his ass out there doing the best he can with the utmost of his abilities. The fact that some of his teammates are not great at throwing him the ball or can't get him the ball in time is not his fault. It is not his fault he can get murdered in the post most of the game by the opposing player. It definitely isn't his fault that he can't chase down long rebounds. It isn't his fault that he doesn't have the quickness to guard the pick and roll consistently.

Face it this is what he is. Even though he will never be the best we've had in our franchise, he is still a dam good player who has given it his all and if you question that then I have a lot of doubt of you being a Rockets fan.

3) We weren't going to win the championship with Rafer. I don't understand what is all the hoopla about Rafer. I think everyone is just enamored by last years playoff performance. I admit he played great and hell we could of probably won that series had he been healthy but face it people we weren't going to go nowhere with Rafer leading the pack. Morey turned Rafer's contract into Kyle Lowry, an awesome player who I have no doubt will become the starter of this team.

Give it time. Aaron Brooks has been with this team longer and he is a motivational player. You take him out of the line up we risk him losing his confidence therefore not even producing from the bench. He probably has more chemistry with this group anyway. Lets mold Lowry into our point guard of the future and hope for the best.

4) Ron is Ron. When he first played with Adelman he still hogged the ball. We knew the player he was coming to the Rockets. Old habits are hard to change. Even though he has pissed me off at times, I have to take the good with the bad. Look at his percentages the past 15 games. They have looked great. With the exception of these past games, Ron has been playing great basketball and great defense. Sure he gets a little nutty at times but I feel this attitude is good for our team. He gives the Rockets a leader and someone who won't back down from a challenge.

etc.

I could keep going but this is just going to get boring. I hope you all get the point. Just relax, just let things coming into play. Stop having such high expectations otherwise your life as a fan of the Rockets is going to be more stress than fun. Enjoy every game. Have a few beers, watch the Rockets and cheer.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

people on here act like we are supposed to be undefeated or something...

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Exactly... I don't get where that homerism is coming from.. I don't think we should be where we are now, and people aren't even gracious of that. WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS GUYS, without our 2nd best player.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree its repetitive content.

Also a few missing clutchfans standouts like KellyDwyer don't post here anymore.

I even miss Pryuen and his relentless Yao posts

Its more knee jerk posts than entertaining and informative posts lately

Some people try to make it interesting.. DaDakota with his videos and leebigez
    Doc Rocket making an appearance

and Carmichael Dave have been the highlights for me.

I think Clutch has turned into Dr Manhattan on Mars. I miss his articles in the past where he goes no holds barred on his true feelings.

#4 tinman, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah, we used to talk hoops on here, now its the same bs in the post game about the refs and yao shot attempts. If clutch banned everyone talking about those two items in the postgame thread, we might get back to some hoops.

6. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Yeah I really miss articles from Pryuen and the BBS vets, now most posts are knee jerks, attentions seekers, and hypocrites

7. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Good thread - and I agree.

Nowadays, I click on a thread and if it's created by someone who joined in 2008-ish, I just exit. Most of the time, these guys don't know what they are talking about. Either that their topic just doesn't have much to discuss.

I've been here since 2007 and I've created 2 threads. These other guys sure are taking advantage of their thread-creating ability. That's great, but please make it something fresh, new, deep, discussable, whatever. People need to keep their one-sentence thoughts to themselves.

Yes, this section of the forum is filled with complaints, crybabies, and logical fallacy. I think we can get a lot out of losses, close losses especially.

Anyway, good luck if you plan to declare war on ignorance.

8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Trade T-Mac
    Fire JVG
    Rafer sucks

To quote BSG: "All of this has happened before, and it will happen again." :rolleyes:

9. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Oh man I couldn't agree more seriously Clutch needs to do something about these 2008 bandwagoners who just abuse their thread making ability and just litter the GARM with repetitve crap that is just plain stupid like all these fire Adelman threads just live with it people

10. djimi

djimi Member

good post!! my thoughts exactly. i really hate coming in here after a loss cos of all those boring knee jerk reaction. ur right, its seriously childish. and ur 4 points are spot on, though i believe Yao still have room for improvement in the next 2-3yrs. im happy with the players we have now and a coach who won us 55 games last year and most probably at least 50 this year considering all the injury problems we had since he joined us.

and yeah....whatever happened Pryuen? his posts were great with great photos. i remember there were a number of jerks who used to criticize him, did he get fed up or something?

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Guys, we are losing way too many games at this pace we will not make the playoffs. How do you lose to the Spurs by three? Rockets should be embarrassed of themselves and learn how to close games better and get a good PG.

Here is what I suggest.

Fire Rick Adelman right now. Lets face it, Adelman is not a good coach. He's only been to the finals two times.

Trade Tmac. This is a given of course. Remember that Bulls game we lost? It was because he was on the bench.

Tell Ron Artest to not shoot so much. I mean he's making a lot of his shots, but he's shooting too many of them and there are just too many other go-to guys who deserve his shots.

Start Lowry. Lets face it, trading Rafer was a mistake and Lowry is better than both so its better to start Lowry over Brooks. Brooks gets no assist, it's his 2nd year and he should be doing much better than he is now.

oh yeah...Yao is the most unclutch player i've seen.

:p

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Woo boy, Joygoogle I was about to quote your ass. For a minute there I thought you were serious about what you were saying haha.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Examples of posters I would like to see post more:

windandsea
    aelliott
    NIKEStrad
    jopatmc

and there are many others, I'm sure.

P.S.: Wrong forum :p

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately,a lot of people have unrealistic expectations. We are a 2nd tier team which hasn't gotten out of the 1st round for over a decade. It's good to see that they have been able to regroup after the loss of our 2nd best player( even though he let us down).

Even with a mentally and physically fit McGrady it would have been very difficult for us to win like the Boston Celtics in a very competitive Western Conference.

We should show patience and have meaningful discussions.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Sometimes, there's little or no shame in losing. Considering that we were on the 2nd night of a back to back(third b2b this month), and SA wasn't, and that it was our 5th game in 7 days, I'm not upset we lost by a bucket. If we were fresh, I think we would have won. But we thought the Spurs were better than us anyway. So who cares? We narrowly lost to a team that was better than us when we were tired as hell. Nothing to get THAT upset about in my opinion.

16. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Good thread. Five stars.

GARM definitely is boring nowadays... No offense, but I think it is far too easy to start a thread. One has to earn the rights to do it and it should not be a given. I am sick of seeing all sort of disrespectful threads wanting so and so player's head. I seriously doubt if those thread posters are Rockets fans.

Sometimes I would rather see kneejerk and nasty overreaction to a good loss, rather than dis-proportionally heightened expectations after an ugly win. It keeps us in check. It helps us to stay realistic.

I see no shame losing to the Lakers and Spurs. These were not even "probable games" anyway, in ScriboErgoSum's words.

Oh and I miss Pryuen's posts too. He gave us many colourful threads and as a devout Yao fan, he was genuinely concerned with the team's welfare.

SS999

17. rednene

rednene Member

I agree. Too many of these new threads are repetitive and childish. Maybe Clutch could come up with a point system, say, where each member gets 10 opportunities per year to start a thread. Maybe the veterans could get 15-20, rookies 5 and everyone else 10. What do you guys think?

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

dont let me throw my laptop at your half inflated basketball you call a face...

thank you so much for this thread...people overreact too much and im only 16

19. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Hey Vstexas09, you missed this: :p .

Chill ;)

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Mr. Kettle.?? The Pot is holding for you on line 2.