1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Future is Now - Les Alexander's take on the Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 19, 2012.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Lock if already posted.

LAS VEGAS - The Rockets’ whirlwind week at the Las Vegas Summer League came to a close Wednesday afternoon with the club putting the wraps on yet another successful stint in Sin City thanks to a 96-88 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Houston’s 2012 draft class did not disappoint at all, as Jeremy Lamb (20.2 ppg), Terrence Jones (18.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg) and Royce White (10.7 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 5.2 apg last three games) each took turns showing off their considerable skill sets throughout the week. The same also be said of 2011 draftee Donatas Motiejunas (16.3 ppg, 7.8 rpg), as the Lithuanian wasted little time announcing himself to the NBA, exploding for a monster performance in his debut while looking every bit the prospect the Rockets thought him to be.

Watching every minute of the action was Rockets owner Leslie Alexander, who took in Wednesday’s summer league finale from a courtside seat in order to get his first up close and personal look at Houston’s top prospects. Not surprisingly, Alexander loved what he saw.

“I feel like they have great potential,” he said. “All four of them look terrific. Donatas is a much better shooter than I anticipated. He really hustles, too. Jeremy has fabulous potential. Royce White is obviously a great passer and a bulldog and going to be a very good player. And Terrence Jones has obviously exceeded everybody’s expectations here.”

Of course, the big news of the day that still had everyone in Vegas buzzing was the news that Jeremy Lin would be rejoining the Rockets after his signing became official the night before. Alexander reiterated how pleased he was to bring Lin back to Houston and how excited he is to watch this new-look Rockets team come together, believing the club is well-positioned to win now while still maintaining the flexibility necessary to enjoy sustained long-term, success.

“We have a lot of great young players, we have cap room, we have multiple draft choices next year,” he said. “I think we’re set up very well.

“I know we’re building for the future. These are great young players and I think some of these guys are going to be All-Stars.”

2. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Sounds like Les had a change of heart about rebuilding.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: Thanks

Link?

#3 J.R., Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'll wait for the season to start before raving about our rookies, but they did a fine job in summer league. Hell even Machado flashed late with some nice PG play. Morey should have blown it up long before now but I'm glad he finally did. Nice picks Daryl.

5. csc177

csc177 Member

6. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Even the rich know that when you strike gold, you jump onboard said bandwagon. Morey can draft, Les approves, if both are on the same page, then we are in a great position. Gold baby.