1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What would be huge if you made a post worth reading.

Invisible Fan and AleksandarN like this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does 4D chess involve 4 Dummies?

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree with Pence about next to nothing but I believe he can run a competent and mostly lawful government for the next year.

Yes I think asking Pence to take over is a good thing for the country.

Trump is simply incapable of the day to day job of running the government. As far as I can see his presidency really only consists of twitter rants and the occasional lawless corruption to get himself re-elected. I believe Pence will do the actual job even though he is a far right hack.

Why the Republicans don’t say thank you for winning the White House for us in 16 now Pence will take it from here... is a mystery to me.

DaDakota, malakas, Deckard and 6 others like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, let's not go too far. Aside from being generally terrible, the rot of Trump, Moscow Mitch, Moscow..well, just actual Moscow, and the corrupt authoritarian white supremacist core of the GOP has done permanent damage to the government and our institutions that even a well meaning, competent reformer will have a hard time repairing, let alone a low wattage accomplice thereto like Pence.

But, I'm going to agree with you, not out of any baseline level of competency but because he can form coherent, complex sentences both orally and in writing, and read them as well, for the next year, and that they have some definable relation to our shared reality.

DaDakota, Dubious, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump is polling pretty damn well with his base.

Yeah, maybe that's why they whine about Orange Man Bad. Must be the Tang in their blood.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Huge what if there.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. dobro1229

The forming complete sentences thing was my main competency that put me over the top. Make no mistake... Pence is a horrible hypocrite human paraquat, but I do believe we would be a much more stable country to close out the Trump term.

10. dobro1229

I say that but I know the reason. I say it here all the time. His support is so high because he is seen as a tool to break the law and do the insane in order to get what they want... which is a big fat culture war of grievance against the Libs.

They like him more than Pence, Ryan, Romney, etc. because he is willing to go there without shame because liberalism is a such an existential threat to their way of life that amount of desperation has led to the need for breaking the laws of the land. Like a father who steals bread to feed his starving family... they feel like Trump is necessary at this time.

So yeah... I get it. The lawlessness and the insanity without shame is the point of his support. Fox and hate radio have radicalized our parents and the weirdo conspiracy theorists who believe in lizard people. This is the world we live in and it won’t be fixed anytime soon. What scares me is what these people turn to after Trump.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think it is in the Democrat's interest to move quickly on impeachment. Delays will give the White House time to shore up support in the Senate, and to get the messaging out for the faithful. Besides which, if they let it drag into the General, they'll be accused of just using the impeachment to impact the election, and if they let it go beyond the election, they'll be accused of overturning the vote (assuming Trump even wins) when people cast their ballots already knowing that Trump was a crook. Given all that, I expect Pelosi will push to keep impeachment narrow and fast. Republicans, of course, will try to widen the proceedings and slow things down. Unless and until McConnell decides Trump isn't worth saving.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pelosi already said in private she want the scope to be narrow and the investigation to be quick. Even if she sticks to that, the scope has already naturally expanded due to involvement of other top officials and signs of cover ups. And however fast they want it to be, it depends on the admin and other dept to not block them - which is already happening to no one surprise.

The other aspect is the media and other people coming forward. With the WB complaint now known, others people will tend to want to also report wrong doing that they are or were aware of. We are already seeing this effect. The media is also focused on obtaining and reporting on them. Normally this isn’t anything... but when you have an admin that is so dang lawless and abusive of their power, the wrong doing and corruption has been building up onto a wall and it just take something like a WB and an official channel of release (the impeachment inquiries) for it to start steaming out. This will also increase the scope and push out the timeline... how much so depends on how much there is to come out and as mentioned, the attempt to block them.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

"This is about the facts relating to the Constitution, and that is how we proceed," Pelosi told reporters, "with dignity, with respect, prayerfully and, again, worthy of the sacrifice of our founders, the sacrifice of the men and women in uniform who fight for our freedom, and the aspirations of our children so they will live under future presidents who will honor the Constitution of the United States."

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. No Worries

“It's hard to imagine a set of circumstances that would have alarmed the Founding Fathers more than what was in that call," Schiff responded, "it's hard to imagine a more corrupt course of conduct."

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob, No Worries, Blatz and 3 others like this.
  16. No Worries

An "urgent" congressional briefing taking place Wednesday between the State Department inspector general and lawmakers reportedly centers on alleged instances of political retaliation against career agency officials who wish to cooperate with Democrats’ impeachment inquiry. No details of that retaliation were immediately available, but the IG, Obama holdover Steve Linick, requested late Tuesday to meet with members of eight separate congressional committees to share certain documents related to the investigation into the State Department and Ukraine.

CometsWin likes this.
  17. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

This really is a coup by force. Since the day he was elected he has called to be impeached by democrats.
    Since the day he was elected!
    They decided he had to go so now they just needed the 'reason' and story why.
    Election manipulation NOPE
    p*rn Star NOPE
    Russia Russia Russia NOPE
    Ukraine NOPE

Isn't it obvious that Democrats just hate him and are looking for a reason to impeach??

Similar to the Republicans and their hatred of Bill Clinton. I think it was a mockery to impeach
    Clinton and thought he was a fine president.

Here's a reason to impeach, oh no wait here is another reason to impeach....oh wait here is the real
    reason we need to impeach!

Its laughable and they've lost so much credibility that if Donald Trump ever did do something
    terrible no one would believe them.

18. Buck Turgidson

Honestly...you need to just shut the **** up for a bit and come back with a clean and level mind. Whether or not you agree with Republicans or Democrats in the future is up to you, but the fantasy land you seem to currently occupy is not a healthy place.

Ask @RocketsLegend what he did during his sabbatical, it might help.

Nook, joshuaao, dobro1229 and 2 others like this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

NOPE

No Worries likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You either see through Trump's bullsh_t by now or you don't. I don't know what to say to those who don't. Do we want a president that is full of sh_t all the time? Apparently, we do because he was voted in and will likely be re-elected.

JuanValdez likes this.