1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They won't get around to impeaching until after the election, so I read. And they still need to hold the house. Then that's about three or four years of Pence. And he'll probably get a supreme court pick because well Ginsberg has nearly used her nine lives. If so, well played dems... way to really think that one through.

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's possible but that's a lot of what ifs.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

hey if the goal is to remove him, that is what you will get... Pres. Pence.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook, joshuaao and dachuda86 like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Please Jesus don't let the democrats screw this up like everything else.

When you guys/gals watch the below video, make no mistake, I want Trump out, I support any and all Impeachment avenues, and I want a democrat to win the presidency in 2020. When you post stuff about how feckless the democratic party is and how weak Pelosi is you gain odd bedfellows. Don't put me in that bag. I agree with most, if not all, progressive/liberal policies.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

good reference...

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Definitely.

I mean, it's quite possible that Pence is also impeached if it really comes to removing Trump. Looks like he might be involved too. They probably won't try for Pence because Pelosi is next in line and that's an awful lot to ask Republican Senators to swallow -- remove your president and VP and put the long-vilified Democrat in the Oval Office too. Maybe they could make a deal to skip Pelosi and go straight to Chuck Grassley. That'd be okay.

But, assuming we don't go there, I am 100% on board with President Pence. I don't think he can win any national election, but I'd gladly take him as an interim president. I don't much like his politics, he may still try to fulfill the mandate Trump thinks he has, and he might be a little dirty from the present Admin, but I'm pretty sure he's not a sociopath so that's a big plus with me. I criticized, but I was fine calling GWB my president, Bush Sr, even Reagan. There's a difference between being politically unaligned and being completely unfit for office. Trump needs to go because he's unfit. Pence is fit. I don't think he'd do a tenth of the shady stuff Trump does every day.

malakas, Nook, dmoneybangbang and 8 others like this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

"People are saying"

I don't think you've thought this through. Democrats are going to sit on an impeachment inquiry for 13 months, wait for Trump to somehow get reelected while Democrats maintain House control, then hold the impeachment vote?

Of course, you "read it", so I'm obviously missing something.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You can read time magazine too... the impeachment can get dragged out. It could end earlier but it is more likely to see delays. You also have the senate involved in removal.

I know it is hard to accept a President Pence option but it is possible. Also it is possible he is not removed or even removed before the election. My money on a removal would be after the republicans control the white house... to ensure they maintain power. The senate has no reason to remove him mid election. This is why a removal would likely occur after, should it happen. So you are pushing for four years of Pence; essentially. If the senate goes there. More likely they don't vote to remove him if it is before the election.

The dems of course want impeachment right before the election and don't want to give the senate time to clear Trump essentially. That is why they will shoot to do it right before the election or just after. They need this to hang over Trump.

Expect both parties to do what is in the interest of their getting and holding power. It all points to Pence if they remove Trump.

#569 dachuda86, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What makes you so confident Trump would win reelection?

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There's a difference between being politically unaligned and being completely unfit for office. Trump needs to go because he's unfit.

Post of the Week.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Let’s think twice or not remove trump because pence is missing the point. You don’t remove a president for any reason other than gross behaviors - impeachable offense. Who’s next in line is completely irreverent. It’s relevant for people that doesn’t fully appreciate the seriousness of why a president should be impeached. If pence has even worse behaviors - impeach as well.

with that said, I said I absolutely would take pence over trump back in 2017 when it was already a high probability that trump was a morally corrupt, pathological liar, mentally disturbed, lawless person. Although he shouldn’t be impeach at the time due to lack of evidence, there were already enough data points for that to be a good decision.... our system post trump should have a much better check on an abusive morally corrupt lawless executive

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd probably hate Pence on a lesser scope for different reasons, but I wouldn't feel like Rome is Burning just because Donny wanted to prove he could light a cigar with the Constitution.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who read it in a transcript .... that you been messing round.

#575 No Worries, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Breaking news - The State Department Inspector General has requested “an urgent” briefing with Capitol Hill about Ukraine.

From ABC News:

The State Department’s inspector general is expected to give an "urgent" briefing to staffers from several House and Senate committees on Wednesday afternoon about documents obtained from the department’s Office of the Legal Adviser related to the State Department and Ukraine, sources familiar with the planned briefing told ABC News.

Details of the briefing, requested by Steve Linick, the inspector general at State, remain unknown. Linick is expected to meet with congressional staff in a secure location on Capitol Hill.

ABCnews.go.com

Considering the current situation and atmosphere in the State Department, with Pompeo on the verge of becoming unhinged, in my opinion, ever since it came out that he was involved with the trump/Zelenskiy phone call, I seriously doubt if this is about delivering information to Congress that will make trump or Pompeo happy. The Inspector General is expected to report to Congress free of threats or interference from his superiors if it concerns information of an urgent nature to Congress, which has oversight over the State Department and other organs of government.

As I said in my post about the news that Pompeo had listened in on trump’s phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine, presumably with trump’s permission, this scandal has hit another level. So what could be so “urgent” about Ukraine that the IG of the State Department would want to brief Congress? The unprecedented threats by trump directed at the whistleblower? Something else related to Ukraine? We’ll see.

#576 Deckard, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is also another crazy angle to consider and it is the wild card named Rudy Giuliani. He has thrown the State Department under the bus by claiming he was told by the State Department to go to Ukraine and has the digital receipts to prove it. Rudy Giuliani seriously might become a star witness in favor of the Impeachment Inquiry to save his own skin which is pretty crazy. The last thing the Secretary of State would want is news of him ordering a non government official who is the private lawyer of the President to find "dirt" on the president's political opponent. There is going to be some serious infighting amongst Trump's inner circle with the private lawyers of Trump vs the State Department. What a ****ing crazy set of events.

FranchiseBlade and Deckard like this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Beyond the factual timeline of events, the meeting notes released by WH and what trump and Rudy have already said, are more investigations really necessary for impeachment and what will this inquiry seek to establish b4 going ahead with impeachment?

The secret server stuff is dodgy, but easier for WH to muddy/explain; the naked corruption and abuse of power in trump's call isn't. Imo public opinion is moving so fast because most people recognize the call as such without any further explanations or a special report/inquiry - most normal people would be disgusted to learn someone in government or private sector with the power to wield organisational resources leveraged this power for personal benefit (a tenderboard chairman, grant administrator, procurement officer, purchaser etc). My concern if this drags too long and trump remains unimpeached despite more and more evidence of corrupt behaviour coming to light is that it normalizes such behaviour. Public gets numb and second guesses the process ("I guess u can get away with it if you're potus"), and political will unravels.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]
    This could be huge!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What a legend. Dude was epic in Boondock Saints.

FranchiseBlade and mick fry like this.