1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The story is plausible and entertaining. It makes no difference that it is unverified on a message board.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

CHI, I think I remember you posted something like this in an earlier thread, maybe up to a year ago. Or perhaps it was another poster.

It's really really hard to believe people on a random BBS -- nearly impossible even -- but your story is consistent with many other stories about the man. It's fair to say that. And it's very clear he's trying to enrich himself and making emoluments violations left and right, independent of your specific story.

In my profession, I've seen the same behavior from some very famous scientists. Super nice when they recruit underlings, but expecting absolute allegiance. And at the first sign of trouble, or independent thought, or criticism... watch out.

Humans gonna human. And goombahs gonna goohbah.

3. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Yes, I mentioned this a couple of times before on the board. This happened to me in 2017-2018. Thanks for remembering!

Also, yes, I get that the story is hard to believe. And, I'm just a dude on a message board. But, it's the truth. I don't know what else to say besides that.

So - this is why I think this whole thing right now is interesting because it was going to happen sooner or later.

4. B-Bob

Yeah, taking your story at face value (again, matching all available evidence from 70 yrs of the dude's life):
    There's one thing I may never fully get. Insiders in the GOP must have seen all this coming a mile away, from the start of the guy's campaign anyway. I guess they just looked the other way and held their noses b/c his base was so locked in and is still so locked in, as a voting block. I guess (?) that explains people like L Graham saying Trump would "destroy" the party but then becoming compliant lapdogs.

But anyway, what you say makes sense. If it wasn't this Ukranian phonecall, it was definitely going to be something else. You can take the real estate marketer out of Queens, but you can't take the Queens out of the real estate marketer.

Deckard, JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  5. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Everyone who works at Trump Org is incredibly loyal to him. It's seriously almost cult like. But, they really sincerely worship the man. He has so many people that will be willing to take the fall for him, for anything.

6. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I'll say this too.. kinda gossipy

I have a good friend who is probably Trumps biggest confidant, someone that is not a public figure.. but works with him daily. That dude is not loyal to trump, and something is going to come out of it soon too.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Now THIS is juicy gossip. Where's the popcorn gif?

Hakeemtheking and Blatz like this.
  8. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10, Kim, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

[​IMG]

10. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

There's going to be SO much that comes out as soon as Trump is out of office. The tell-all books and stories will be something to behold

B-Bob likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As soon as he loses the illusion of power, people will bail and all kinds of crap will come out.

DD

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Charges, indictments, courtroom drama, civil lawsuits, the works

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. B-Bob

Perhaps a new reality TV show, with sponsorships! It will be YUGE, best ratings in the history of ratings.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LOCK'EM UP

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trump's popularity and Hillary's unpopularity were engineered by Bannon and Cambridge Analytica. His market was expanded and exploited by Murdoch and FOX because of his Q score; he printed money for them. The 1% saw Trump as an investment with a tax cut return ; the evangelicals dealt with the devil to get a conservative Supreme court (baby murder justified).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Sam. I hadn’t read that in it’s entirety until now. Utterly damning to trump, Barr, and Giuliani. I don’t doubt that others, in their eagerness to please trump, or their fear of him, have been tarred by trump’s mad, treasonous acts. This is a nightmare.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Mafioso the Don J Trump.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What? You didn't want a book deal? :p