1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Forgotten Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fuzzybear, Nov 3, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well we're losing games right now. Wouldn't be surprising if coach decided to try to find other options for the post positions...

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Morey's plan is to basically prepare this team to be blown up next year if the Yao Ming experiment does not work out. Now, hold on. Dont freak out. This does not mean Yao, Scola, Martin, and Lowry wont be with the team next year.

It means if the Rockets dont succeed at being a deep playoff team expect to let go of the veteran role players like Hayes, Battier, Jefferies, and maybe move on Brooks somewhere different if his contract demands are too high. If I am Morey I would look to sign and trade him for young talent or picks if his demands are too high. He's good but if he has to be the sole focus on offense for this team to win it all... sorry but he doesnt have what it takes.

Now back to Patterson. Expect next year that he will play off the bench in the sort of role Landry had in years past and replace Chuck Hayes' minutes. This year however, dont look to him playing at all unless the team struggles or another of the bigs gets injured. Either way, he wont be a factor this year but will see about 15-25 minutes off the bench next year.

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I think he will get some time off the pine later this year. Whether it be by injury or what not as long as he takes care of the practice end of things he will get some PT.

4. scottie brooks

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but we haven't exactly been blowing teams away. Rookies don't usually get minutes when the game is on the line and the rookie is not proven. Rick is trying to win a game, not give out garbage minutes to test out his new toy. Another thing, Its only been 4 games! I'm sure in the next 78 games patrick will get a chance to play. Jeez, you kneejerkers are cray cray.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We are hiding PPat in hopes of driving up Jordan Hill's trade value. Patterson is light years ahead of Hill when it comes to understanding how to play basketball. If Morey and Adelman weren't positioning this team for a trade, Patterson would be getting spot minutes already.

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Sorry guys, but no matter how much you like the guy, he's just a rookie. The fact is he's behind, and a rookie at a position filled with veterans. He's not gonna see alot of time unless there's a injury or a trade. You guys and he, need to be patient, the team is still trying to gel and find everyones role. We are trying to win games not experiment. Throwing a rookie out there is not gonna help.

7. J-Man

J-Man Member

DLEAGUE!!!!!!!

8. kayc

kayc Member

I still do not even understand why RA has not played JJ if he is a "defensive" player? Isn't that what we are lacking? To me, it all comes down to coaching.
    Think about the history KMart and BradM use to play for RA. They are known for not having any DEFENSE. So my conclusion is RA obviously does not know how to teach it.

9. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Clutchfans - "RA is playing too many people!!"

Clutchfans - "Why isn't RA playing PP!?!?!"

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: