1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "For the love of the game" Injury thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blurr#7, Feb 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

I'm fortunate enough to have never had any injuries playing ball... or at all in my life. Had a couple of close calls of rolling my ankle, but it seems like my ankles are pretty damn elastic. The worst that has ever happened to me while balling is scrapes and cuts from diving for the ball (or more like tripping hehe) and jammed fingers.

Also, I didn't read the posts before mine. I'm eating. I'd like to see the pictures tho, later.

2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Knocked loose all my front teeth (saved by braces)...kept playing*.
    Cracked multiple ribs...kept playing.
    Broken left collarbone...kept playing.
    Shattered left femur (many surgeries)...kept playing.
    Tore left ACL (partial tear, no surgery)...kept playing.
    Broke left thumb...quit playing.

*playing = skateboarding in each of the above instances

#22 the futants, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  3. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I played basketball and volleyball. I only can recall sprains and stubbed fingers.

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Last year I went surfing in Mexico and at the end of my wave, some idiot got in my way. I jumped off to avoid hurting him and twisted my knee. Luckily it happened on my last day there.

When I was younger, I broke my wrist, ankle and 9 fingers skateboarding.

#24 MoBalls, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Broken right ring finger.. atleast I think it was broken. I never went to the doctor but I couldn't move it for almost a month and it was green and purple and badly swollen. That was back when I was 13 and I played ball 24/7.

6. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Broken right ankle. Torn PCL left knee- no surgery, career over.

7. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Compound Fracture of right ankle
    Dislocated left knee cap
    broke both arms
    broke nose, fingers, toes and ribs

Knee cap was most painfull, ankle was least painfull (went into shock and couldn't feel a thing).

Quit playing and got fat off of beer!

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, at lunch today, my boss and I played raquetball...Well, during the point, (I was in front facing the straight ahead), he returns a shot and hits me in the nads...Numbing pain and explitives galour...Strange because I wasn't facing him, it was just a un-lucky shot that hit my low hanging fruit...

I thought this was bad, until our boss tells us story after lunch today on how he goes all out in racquetball and at one point, dove for the ball (pelvic first) and apparently, his third appendage gets smashed/bent and it turns purple...couldn't play for a week...

If that's not for the love of the game, I don't know what is...