1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The filming of Spider-Man II...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VesceySux, May 7, 2003.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

... is taking place on my street. No, really, it is. The crew has already filmed on my street once in the past 2 weeks. This entire week, they've been setting up for a stunt they're planning on filming this weekend. The site is literally 3 doors down from my apartment building. In fact, according to one of the crew guys I briefly talked to, they're doing a test run tonight. The street itself has been overrun with a large crane, several flatbed trucks, a couple of trailers, and one nice table on the sidewalk stocked with catered food.

The actual location they're filming on is a tiny parking lot situated between 2 builidngs. They've got some clotheslines running between the two buildings (complete with clothes) and one ridiculously huge crane sitting over the area. My powers of deduction tell me that they're trying to simulate the "Queens" look, and some stunt dude will probably swing his way between the 2 buildings. In all, I'll bet the stunt will take up 5 seconds of actual screen time, which is sick because it's taking them a week to set it up. I'm hoping at least of the stars is in the shot (*cough**hack*kirstendunst*cough*).

BTW, if anyone visits Ain't It Cool News, you've probably seen these pictures of Spider-Man II being filmed. This location is 3-4 blocks from my apartment. Pretty cool. Of course, I'm really waiting for them to film around the Flatiron building, a.k.a the Daily Bugle, which is a block away. An action scene or two would be nice to watch. :)

... And for those of you who wish to invoke the "rockHEAD Rule of Stalker Journalism," let it be known that I ain't no fool. I'll take some pictures and post 'em when I can.

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

They are filming Spiderman II in rural Iowa?

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I was at the Driskill last week while they were filiming the Alamo in the ballroom.

You should have seen the attire in the piano bar...

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If you can get a picture of Dr. Octopus you would be a hero on some of the comic book web-sites message boards.

5. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Yep. They were filming on my street just a couple of weeks ago. Crowd scene walking up and down Broad street near Exchange place. They would stop, start, stop, start. Didn't see the flyby camera which was supposedly going to go overhead.

6. VesceySux

Huh?

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

My powers of wit tell me that it might have been a joke.

Then again my sarcasm detector is going through the roof.

"What? A good moavie was filmed in Houston?!?"

just wait for the chase 2--traffic jam on katy freeway...

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I believe he is a New Yorker...

...right?

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Would Spider Man be able to fight crime in a Houston suburb?

10. VesceySux

Uh, I thought the basic notion of Spider-Man being filmed in NYC (where the friggin comic book takes place) was understood.

The Chase 2 would kick ass.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I've been looking for that webslinger. His fans have betrayed him and now he's mine.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

sweet! spiderman rocks! :) my son will have an absolute hissy fit to see this movie...and i won't be far behind him.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Spider-man was crap. Just my opinion of course, but I thought it was horribly acted - especially on Dunst's part.

Compare Spider-Man to either X-Men movie and the difference is obvious.

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So that's me, you, and my wife that thought Spiderman sucked...the most exclusive club in the world!

15. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Add me to your list, although I thought it was the direction and not the acting that ruined the film. It's funny - Sam Raimi made some great flicks with a shoestring budget, but give him the big bucks, and he makes a cheap looking action flick. The final confrontation scene with the Green Goblin was completely lifeless - it looked more like one of those old Electric Company Spider Man episodes than a movie. I kept expecting some lame-o villian based on a learning-deficiency ("Illiterato" or "Dr. Undisciplined") to appear.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

LMAO!!!:D

Damn, I was watching Darkman the other day, and I'm surprised how similar the style of that movie is compared to Spider-Man. Like when Darkman wigs out, it looked similar to Willem Dafoe when he first wakes up in that gas chamber.

Also, that scene where we fly through Spider-Man's body and watch his genes change, there was a similar scene in Darkman.

I've seen tons of pics already from people in the same position as Vescey, IE the movie is being shot outside their apartment. I hope this one is far better than the last, I think Spidey's already existent fame carried the first one.

17. VesceySux

Not the best picture, but it'll do... for now. The others came out blurry, unfortunately. I'll get closer next time.

[​IMG]

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wow...i'm not about to start arguing with you over this, because you like what you like....but i could not have had a more different experience. i LOVED spiderman...love the character development of peter parker, a very reluctant hero. never really could get into the characters in X-Men...too distant...too alien...too mutant, i suppose! :)

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Hell no. Some dude in an F150 would pull over, turn off his Toby Keith CD, grab his shotgun off the gun rack, and blow Spiderman to smithereens.