1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the fallen stars......

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by brahma rocket, Jan 10, 2000.

1. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

remember when these guys were going to be superstars for years to come:

anfernee hardaway
    derrick coleman
    juwan howard
    kenny anderson
    christian laettner
    bobby hurley
    dana barros
    nick anderson
    laphonso ellis
    bryant reeves
    dino radja

what the hell happened to these guys?

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

A. Hardaway: Injuries and a big ego have hindered his game, but he's not exactly a career back-up either.

D. Coleman: Who ever thought this guy would be a superstar? I didn't. But, take a look at his career stats, and tell me he couldn't sneak into the hall of fame. PS. I hate him.

Juwan Howard: He got the Matt Maloney disease ... too much money for too little work. Many people complain when veterans like Hakeem, Bird, and MJ were getting paid tons, but atleast they earned their paycheck.

K. Anderson: Another "who thought he'd be great". I think he was always looked highly upon, but 'superstar' is pushing it.

C. Laettner: See above, but he's still in the league and still producing.

B. Hurley: Need you ask? Even before his car wreck, I doubt many people thought he'd be 'great'.

D. Barros: Too short and plays no defense. He'd be great if he could play all his games against the Rockets. (Remember when he scored 47 against us?)

N. Anderson: Again 'great' is not the proper label for Nick, but his 4 missed FTs in the 95 Finals is what set him back a few years.

L. Ellis: Injuries plain and simple. He may have never been great, but he was very good his first two years, which is just when his injuries began.

B. Reeves: Are you kidding? Or did you mean Ostertag? [​IMG]

D. Radja: I don't know. He's not even in the league anymore. Did he get hurt?

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That was great when Anderson missed those four free throws to lose the game and the championship (eventually). He had a complex for years after that (I am doubly glad that he eventually got over it). But the really great play was Kenny Smith getting the ball at the top of the key with the clock winding down and Hardaway running at him. He pump faked Penny into the air, stepped over and nailed the three for the win. That was so great. That shot is why I'll love Kenny for ever and ever. What was the topic?...

4. Christopher

Christopher Member

You can just imagin what Brian Hill (Magic coach) was thinking "At least they didnt foul Shaq"
    Then it happened.
    "Clank!"
    "Clank!"
    Foul
    "Clank!"
    "Clank!"

I think Nick Anderson will still be seeing shrinks for the next 30 years after that!

As for fallen stars how about Harold "Baby Jordan" Minor.He supposedly looked like Jordan and......well that was about it.
    Minor fits in the category of the hyped up young player.People said they be great or even supersatrs but...they never were.
    Any other hyped players that did nothing what so ever?

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

5. fransissy

fransissy New Member

Jim Jackson hasn't exactly done nothing whatsoever, but I believe he was hyped to be a great one originally in his rookie season and then later as part of the "Three Js". However, since the break-up of that triumvirate, he has gone from team to team and has produced more or less average numbers.