1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook, dachuda86 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Got to love how Mitch thinks that he can just point fingers and everyone falls in line. Dems in the House worked with Mnuchin to come up with a bill that had bi-partisan support. Mitch then decided he didn't like that, huddled with his own party, and then is trying to pass something without any input from the Dems even though he needs 60 votes just to make them look bad.

I'll give it to him, the man is a political genius, but he's a terrible human being.

superfob, joshuaao, Nook and 6 others like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

These turds need to push it through. The dems are going to look real bad for holding this up and lose the house come elections should Americans feel anymore pain and they let the economy slip more.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest issue now will be rent due april 1, may 1, june 1

Anecdote time - my friend of mine has a business 22 employees. He can probably float payroll with zero inbound sales for next 60 days but his rent is due.

Its 16k a month so he might be able to pay that april 1 and maybe may 1. Past that who knows

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think most Americans realize the dems are fighting for the average worker here. They don’t want this stimulus money ending up in the pockets of the wealthy CEO, or stock buybacks. I think Trump is with the dems on this one.

7. NewRoxFan

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He said he was on that key point in the presser yesterday. Whether he will be today is another story all together.

Hakeemtheking and IBTL like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The first thing that most Americans thought of when the package was proposed was the the 2008 bailout. The American public will not stand for Corporations to pocket the money and refuse to hire people when this is over. That's a non partisan issue and I'm sure polls back it up so the Dems have a leg to stand on.

AleksandarN and No Worries like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The republican party under Trump is literal f**king evil right now. They don't even have to make an effort to hide that fact because most of their base is too stupid to see anything besides "sticking it to the libs"

Make no mistake, Trump is just a symptom, not the actual problem. Perhaps in the long run it will be for the best that the parties true nature has been brought to the surface for those of us who actually do care about such things.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Seeing how Mitch needs Pelosi and the House Democrats to play ball, I question Mitch's genius.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That is if you believe a damn word that man says.

Trump's inauguration speech was all about the forgotten man. Trump's only legislation win is the big tax bill that targeted the the top 0.1%.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't know, my timeline is full of "Democrats hate America!" right now but the sample may be skewed.

Nook likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE knows the Demos fold like origami

Rocket River

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Moscow Mitch is up too his BS...

T_Man

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You are so correct.. The Union leader for the airline flight attendant said she was proud of the Dems for standing up for them... Knowing that the bill that Moscow Mitch is trying to push is more for the big Business than the people...

T_Man

CometsWin likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Democrats are leading here, Mitch "Three Day Recess to Spread" is following.

He can't get 50 votes for his own shitty trickle down bill. Time to sit down and let Nancy save your ass like she did last week.... again.

adoo and T_Man like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Dems should never give Trump 500 billion to hand out like candy to his friends. That's not for helping the economy it's to help the Republicans gain their support for elections. Under no circumstances.

Mitch can complain and whine and will try to spin this as Dems being obstructionists but the fact is he didn't include them in drafting the bill and thinks he can use an emergency to ram it down their throats.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When the economic numbers of catastrophic unimaginable destruction begin showing up, nobody's gonna remember who blocked what version of what bill. And there's one branch that's going to bear the brunt of the blame.

The best short and long term play for Republicans is for Trump to resign.

the11mingdynasty and CometsWin like this.