1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's obvious Obama lives rent free in his head so he subliminally posted in inside look.

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Who is excited about a recession? That affects everyone more than who's in office. I'm more concerned with the health of my family and my financial situation vs who is president.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I do not see what Obama has to do with any of this.

Actually bringing up Obama is a not smart by Trump supporters because all it does is highlight the stark difference in intelligence and preparation between the two men.

I (and am pretty confidence most people) would have more trust in Obama handling a crisis than President Trump.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They know it will pass but they can politicize it in the meantime. How else is a democrat going to win the top job? Just look at how much hate is happening in this thread when it is really a global situation.

mick fry likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Look at how much hate/stupidity Trump spews from his mouth in every tweet and you ask why people are pissed off here?

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

A global situation with hundreds people dying everyday......

Isn't it the perfect time that government should step up and do something?

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Proof positive, all Trump cares about is himself. (And maybe Ivanka, sometimes.)

He's been doing this forever: getting people to distrust (hate, really) legitimate news sources so that anything that can be used against him is deflected with withering scorn.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, your President. M A G A.

Eric Riley and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wanted him to go golfing. He talk too much nonsense. Leave it up mike the great and the experts.

Anyhow, yes it was inevitable, but policy can impact the speed and spread. Each gov needs to be responsible and should be accountable to that.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am not criticizing him for the Coronavirus entering the USA (though his proposed cuts of CDC and NIH previewed the lack of seriousness and contributed to our lack of preparedness). But I am criticizing his words and actions since the virus entered the US.

Do you not?

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Give it 3 weeks and those who are left will not be as excited.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. IVFL

IVFL Member

Trumps problem is he only has one way to communicate. He always is on the attack. I recently re watched the play of Richard III, by Bill Shakespeare. What really struck me were these lines.

I do the wrong, and first begin to brawl.
    The secret mischiefs that I set abroach
    I lay unto the grievous charge of others.

I think that sums Trump up perfectly. It just goes to show that people really have not changed much in the last 600 years. I feel this Coronavirus situation has just further shown Trumps inability to lead. That is why we are seeing the markets react the way they are. Without confidence in our leaders, institutions and people are going to panic.

Eric Riley and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

It raises concern for me, but other than making fun of it I am not going to go overboard on criticizing him and his response. It is possible (although I doubt it) that the virus does not make a large impact in the USA.

I also think it gives perspective...... if a lot of people get sick and die, and the economy suffers and it is clear that it is due to the inaction or poor response of Trump then he will be punished and will not be re-elected. I just personally would rather wait and see how it all plays out.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pence has actually been doing well IMO -- Trump on the other hand can't STFU and stay focused on a single coherent message.

Nook likes this.
  15. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Indeed - the attached blog details how much of the lack of preparation is tied directly to Trump and his now well-known tendency to leave key administrative roles unfilled or fill them with political syncophants with very problematic resumes.

https://www.politicalorphans.com/maga-flu-an-epidemic-of-incompetence/ (certain sections bolded by me)

NewRoxFan likes this.
  16. subtomic

Supporting Member

And the rest

17. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

I do not agree with Mike Pence on basic issues..... but yes he has come across well so far.

Amiga likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

I think the big problem is that Trump and his political advisors constantly are contradicting his health advisors. He simultaneously tells people to go to work while sick, while the CDC and other health organizations say the opposite. And then he politicized the response by putting a non-science person in charge and having health agencies' recommendations and statements vetted and edited by the White House. It suggests that he's putting his own political interests over health decisions. He adds to that with dumbass statements like not wanting the cruise ship to dock because he likes the US numbers to stay low. Or after the CDC says there were endless problems with testing, he says the testing has been perfect like the transcripts (WTF?). Or that he disassembles our response teams and then say it was the right decision because "who could have foreseen this?" - the response teams were created due to things exactly like this.

All of it contrasts heavily to previous generally competent government responses to crises.

Nook, justtxyank and Amiga like this.
  19. subtomic

Supporting Member

NewRoxFan likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Normal politician has a crisis mode. Trump has no other mode to operate from.

And about that tax breaks in good time not too long ago... we could really use one about now.

Nook likes this.