1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

And trying to undermine the state of the economy when “experts“ said we were in for a recession isn’t?
    https://www.newsweek.com/face-it-economy-under-trump-great-opinion-1484645

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As often as you post in here, I didn't think you had a job. Living on a trust fund or something. ;)

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s not what he is saying that it isn’t “great” in some way. He was just showing metrics that the economy was improving at the same rate or better in some metrics. Come on man lol

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL. No... my parents were lower middle class (dad never finished HS and was a sheet metal worker, my mom worked occasionally as a secretary), so no trust fund. I tend to post during conference calls (ZzZzzzzzZz) and while data runs are happening. But even now I am creating pie charts and line charts on new market share data. Plus I work weird hours, depending on what country and deadlines.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

You know that’s not what he’s doing. Come on man, lol. I would just like to add that this economy is on top of weathering the storm of trade deal restructurings and the return of manufacturing that Obama said would never return. All signs point to it’s only going to get better.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That may not be what he is doing. But that is what the stats show. Trump years continued what Obama years were doing based on those metrics. But you do you man. Good luck

No Worries likes this.
  7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This economy is also on the back of a trillion dollar deficit and $14T in consumer debt. The economy is great until it isn't. Our lack of fiscal responsibility will be devastating.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

What return of manufacturing?

The Shale Industry is close to bankruptcy due to Trump’s trade war killing global growth.

How do you feel about trillion dollar deficits and near zero interest rates needed to keep the economy going? Y’all didn’t like that under Obama.... figures

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Link?

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

11. NewRoxFan

Manufacturing you say?

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...b-creation-booms-despite-manufacturing-losses
    Source: "Texas Public Policy Foundation"?

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Good thing dem carrier jerbs don’t have anything to do with reading lines on a chart

No Worries likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

15. fchowd0311

You obviously don't since you wouldn't have posted a scale of literally between 12,300 thousand and 12,800 thousand with just a couple of years a data.

Also, you do know what happened in literally the first month of Obama's term in January right? The economy crashed due to years of abuse with sub prime mortgages.

All the manufacturing graph shows is that we have been on a constant rate of manufacturing growth since we recovered from one of the largest economic crashes in American history.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

What? How long has Trump been in office? So it went back to before he took office and I didn’t select the time frame it was the chart in the article that I posted.

17. fchowd0311

I know you didn't select the time frame and y-axis scale. You chose a source that did it for you where they are trying to paint a certain narrative.

What are you trying to debate here? We already expanded the scales to properly see the data and see that the rate of manufacturing job growth has remained constant since the economy recovered from the subprime mortgage crash.

#237 fchowd0311, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Go back and read again. Look at chart and see how the last 21 months of Obama stagnated and he claimed those jobs are not coming back and Trump didn’t have a magic wand to make them come back and then look at Trumps first 21 months, 10x growth, 396,000 jobs.

19. fchowd0311

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Laughable that the same person that questioned the "biased" sources I posted showing both GDP and S&P performance was better under the previous president brings up a different metric (manufacturing) and then presents such a hugely distorted chart by such an obviously biased source... and the actual data shows that performance was the same under the previous president....

fchowd0311 likes this.