1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Kennedy regurgitates already common knowledge. For every new bit of information he breaks, there will be 50-100 restated opinions/rumors that he puts into his own words and writes it off as a "story".

2. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

My God do I hope the Lakers plan is to team Carmelo Anthony with a 41 year old Steve Nash, 37 year old Kobe Bryant, and 35 year old Pau Gasol. Wouldn't have to worry about them for a decade.

3. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Did Alex Kennedy hack Vescey's account?

4. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

At this moment, DH 12 is more of cancel than asset for ROX. he has not join the team yet, but he demand the team to add "3rd" star, which practically rule out CP25 as a star. Regardless Rox will keep Lin or not due to this recruiting, DH12 has practically pushed Jlin and Asik out by forcing Houston, Even DH did come to Rox, his reason to add "3rd" spear must be his concern to share the ball with Harden. He want the team to be build around him, not Harden. So he is going to get someone to feed ball to him but rather have Harden be the dominate ball handler. I am sure this will work with Harden:). With past experience, his complaint about coach will be another "show" he can bring to Rox team. If he is not winning, it must be the coach and system.
    Folks, if DH12 is that good, he would already show it in Laker with Kobe, Nash and Gasol. Instead what we see is a ruined team chemistry which almost cost Laker playoff. DH12 is practically ruin Rox now as many of Rox member has already been shipped out. I am sure DH12's first year in Houston will not bring much to the team and fans. by then, It will be interest to see what he has to say, Perhpas he will point finger at Machale or Harden for not supporting him. Be aware, Rocket's fans!

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Kobe was offered one year more and slightly more money. Dwight could be offered that tomorrow for all we know. Remember that clippers team had a lot of talent had some y

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Young talent in Elton brand etc

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

That extra year was an additional 30 plus million. Not same scenario where Dwight recoups some money via taxes.

Also can't overstate Kobe was handed the team. They traded away a still very good Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe signed the next day.

If the Lakers traded Kobe right now and got something useful in return Dwight would probably agree to stay as well.

That is not being offered this will still be and always will be Kobe's team until he retires. Dwight will never be seen. (And justifiably so) on the same level.

The Clippers were used as leverage by Kobe to get what he wanted. If the Lakers concede and do what Dwight wants then it will be a similar situation but I don't believe that will be the case.

8. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Sadly, my body is not ready.

9. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

YoYo...looking back on your experience before and after the meeting last night, after you've had some time to reflect... is your feeling of just how confident Morey and "his team" came across just the same?

Little less... little more?

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans is going to explode if Dwight signs with the Rockets.

11. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yep, either we sign Howard or not, we are in a great position for coming seasons.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Being fortunate enough to have interacted with Daryl during other big times he was in a great mood and very upbeat considering he was about to have a meeting that could define his career.

Comparing that to last season talking to him when he signed Jeremy to a contract and Omer is complete night and day. He was far more upset/agitated then (but still put on a good face) I felt.

If body language accounted for anything I would say Dwight was a lock based on what I saw -- now what will happen is a different story since the decision is not Daryl's but Dwight's. Personally I am far more optimistic about this than any other player we have been linked to in the past -- but based on those results also far more cautious in getting my hopes up too high

2 people like this.
  13. Awesome

Awesome Member

Its not the same situation at all, plus Shaq was still pretty dominant at that time.

30 million dollars is alot of money for a dude on his last legs, shoot not even LeBron is making that much money... That's the choice they made now its coming home to roost.

How I feel about Dwight is, he should make a decision and live with it. I understand he wants to enjoy the free agency process but at the same time its time for him to move on, he's been doing this for a couple of years now.

You have alot of fickle and fakes in LA... the real lakers fans dont say much...but the people who do pop off at the mouth the most will always blame him (Something they will NEVER do to kobe no matter how bad he is or what he does). I think the drama is not worth the trouble... the thing is if he does sign in LA, this is the beginning of the drama not the end, and he should know that.

I think he has an idea of what he wants to do though and keeping it tight lipped, but he's most likely enjoying all of this attention and crap. Circus circus is live right now but I'll be glad when its over.

About Dwight, only believe it when you see him do it.

14. rocketblood713

hell yea but im about ready to give up ...lol

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

there will be j*zz everywhere

16. treeman

treeman Member

It's going to explode wherever he signs. But yeah, it's going to EXPLODE (Mr. Torgue's voice here) if it happens.

I don';t know what will replace the Ron Paul gifs. Someone needs to come up with something on that front. Other than changing the -ing to -ed, that is...

17. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Thanks, and I hear you.

We are talking about Dwight after all.

You know how when you were young and hung up with that girl... and was like, "Man... I should've said...."?

I was wondering if you'd had some thoughts since writing your report that crept into your mind (good or bad). You know what I mean... those little revelation moments...

Whatever happens...thanks for making us kinda' feel what it was like to be there. Most of us have had SOME type of interaction with our beloved Rockets players or coaches throughout the years and your pics and posts I'm sure re-energized us if that makes sense.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

YoYo, can we call you 'Fletch'?

[​IMG]

19. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Morey probably has info. Like kobe blowing up at howard.

20. Rocketfanatic2

If we don't get Dwight, it won't be because we screwed up. We've done everything we can to show him this is the place to be if he wants to win a title. The rest is up to him. If we don't get Howard, I will not feel the least bit disappointed in Morey because he's done all he can, and like you said, we will still be in position to add to what's already a solid roster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.