1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. dsounG

dsounG Member

Anybody have a photo of James Felton?

2. dsounG

dsounG Member

Ah, Nvm that post. I just found one. Sorry.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I never like the notion of "being dunked on" as some sort of humiliation. I think that is ridiculous. What so bad about being dunked on? Anyone who gets dunked on tries to make a defensive play. And so what if the other guy is good enough to get the dunk? The real humiliation should be the players who just duck out of the way.

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

seriously?? i have a really hard time believing that anybody can play anywhere near a respectable level of basketball if you can smell the drunk off them. i don't doubt he might have been an alcoholic, but this is too hyperbolic for me to take the rest of the article, esp the story of his demise, seriously.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So many guys have talent but lack the mentality to make it....so sad.

DD

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

damn, I'd pay money to see The Dunk

7. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Killed him? God McGrady's evil knows no bounds!!!!! :mad: :mad:

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Crap, are we going to see an article like this in a few years about Shawn Bradley?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah,it's terrible. The greatest of all time have been dunked on.There is no shame in that.It seems like the NBA Developmental League or a true farm system might have been an option for a kid like him.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I never played on a high level but I used to play every Sunday at a playground by my house and was notorious for "smelling like whiskey" when I started to sweat. That was incorrect as I usually drank Captain Morgan on Saturday nights.

Amazing the things you can do to your body and get away with when you are in your early 20s.

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

I never noticed Ryan Bowen's facial expression before. I was too focused on Barry rolling on the ground like a doodle bug.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

:eek: That would be the worst disaster America has ever seen...worse than katrina :eek:

14. awesomeposom

awesomeposom Member

seriously, is there no video? some guy posted a youtube vid with the title 'tmac over felton' but its not. i have to see this

15. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Upon hearing that Felton had died, McGrady quipped: "It's my fault. It's all my fault."

16. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Now we know why Frederic Weis never played in the NBA: Posterized Traumatic Disorder.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dpJ5U3SvBxA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dpJ5U3SvBxA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if a facial is gonna stop you from pursuing your career, yao, duncan, patrick ewing... would have all retired EARLY.

he had other problems. tracy's dunk on him wasn't one of them.

19. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

You know what's wrong.. these coaches .. they're so hard-headed and stubborn that they, along with most all colleges today, forget to teach these young guys about life and difficulties and expressing pain, etc.

Example: Felton doesn't want to practice and when asked, he responds "I didn't feel much like practicing today". Instead of throwing him out the door, why not take one single moment, and think about why. WHY?! If people would ask that question more rather than making irrational decisions, so many people could be helped and achieve great things in life.

But no, it's the way of our r****ded world to, to the point of irresponsibility, follow authority figures, do this, do that, suck it up, don't express yourself...etc.

There's a reason for all actions, and as soon as these "great coaches" figure this out--hell, all people for that matter, our world will be a better place.

Why not take the time to think about the kid's past behavior and maybe talk with him about any problems. Why always associate this type of behavior with.. oh what a punk, let's make him feel more like crap..

DISCLAIMER:: I was not bullied at all in high school.. I've just thought about things enough to realize that people ending up like felton should NOT happen. People should open their eyes and be more sensitive to the actions of others and what consequences could arise should these actions be ignored..

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

good read, read it at work, I just hate how he made it like Tmac didn't give a damn what happen to him with his one quote statements.