1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dumbest Things You've Done For a Girl...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Achebe, Nov 14, 2001.

1. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Everything from November 1, 2000 until August 1, 2001.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

going down :eek:

#22 SmeggySmeg, Nov 14, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2001
  3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

BK -- oh no! It sounded like you were hitched from your previous posts...sorry to hear that it didn't work out (am I extremely late with this or what?).

4. BrianKagy

You're not late. It turns out I'm a ****ing idiot. It's OK though. I'm drunk and bitter and writing some really good songs.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15698&highlight=love">I LOVE YOU SANDY!</a>

"drink and bitter" you actually probably could have deleted the whole thread rather than your initial post had you not been drunk and only bitter.

j/k....hell, I'm going to pour my warm, flat Pabst out for Sandy and open a brand new sparkling one for you.

who wants to drink with BK tonight?!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

bought tickets and went to see the Judds at the rodeo....'nuff said!

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Well, thanks to some suggestions from a couple of you, I'm hoping a trip to the ballet next week won't be added to the list...

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing can beat this, what does Max win?

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Damn, that's a shame BK. You sounded so happy earlier this year.

Just to solve a little personal curiosity (now that it's over), was she Jetta Knight? If I may ask?

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I did eventually marry her, and am still married 15 years later. :)

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

thanks, rim!! does it help my cause even more to know that my car's transmission went out on the way home on the loop. oh, yes...it was a magical evening for me!! I can still hear the wailing in the confines of the 8th wonder of the world...."lloooovee can build a bridge...." what a crappy concert! what a nightmare. i didn't even end up marrying this girl!!! we dated for about 2 years in high school.

12. BrianKagy

Look, no more, OK? Thanks for the sympathy. Let's just drop it. I was making a joke. No more, no less.

Sandy is an extremely nice, bright, attractive young woman. It's too bad it didn't work out, but I have my crutches to rely on, and that's really the most important thing.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Take it from a dumbass...don't rely on crutches when you're drunk and bitter...just fall down when you're good and ready!!!

14. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

mmmm... ice cold crutches (time to put another glass in the freezer).

I know you don't want to hear pity BK. That's why I'm raising a glass to you, for the simple fact that I define being a dumbass. May we all be big happy dumbasses.

I wish you the best.

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I gave up a full ride to SWT (well parents paying) to stay in CC with this girl. I joined the army to prove what kind of a man I was also. She was 6 years older than me, so it was a hard relationship. I could have cheated on her alot, and in hindsight, I wish I would have. She ended up not being a very good person and to this day, I still have bitter feelings towards her.

Of course, everything happens for a reason. I'm at UT now having the time of my life, well mostly.

I guess it's better to love and lost than not loved at all......:(

#35 gr8-1, Nov 15, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2001
  16. haven

haven Member

My worst ever...

...lost me one of my best friends. I still feel like a total **** when I think about it.

I was actually quite good friends with a girl. But I wanted to date her, and I knew she liked me, but I was leaving for college in a couple months, and she didn't want to get involved.

Well, her best friend on earth was also a good friend of mine. And she was really religious, and he well... was sort of "bad." Sex, drugs & rock and roll, etc. Anyway, he kept on lying to her about something... and she was crying, and was like "my friends lie to me, they're not really loyal," etc... and I umm... ratted on him about it but got her to promise not to confront him.

I justified it by telling myself he had no right to lie to her.

What an ass I was. She, of course, told him. And we didn't speak until about a year ago, he was so angry. I really regret that, and think of it as one of the lowest moments in my life.

She and I continued to be friends, but never got together. I never really could "make the move" on her, since I felt too guilty. Poetic justice, I guess.