1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The draft.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, Jun 20, 2013.

1. nomangame

nomangame Member

With all the FA trade speculation going on, does anyone seem the slightest bit interested in the draft?

I mean, we only got the 34th pick...but knowing Morey, who knows what might happen?

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Feel free to start a thread based on draft news, a specific player or an opinion/point you want to make, but there is a thread talking about the 34th pick of the draft in our NBA Draft forum.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=236997

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Unlike the last few years, I have not followed the draft nor have I even cared about the draft this year. It is a good feeling. Thanks Morey!

5. jvu

jvu Member

OP demands your attention!

6. basketballholic

I am very interested in trading up into the top 10 in this horrible draft and landing Cody Zeller.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I definitely am not as interested as usual, but I still made sure I don't work that night, I have to watch every pick no matter what. Can't wait to see what Euro we take! haha

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If Morey gets a top 10 pick I hope he drafts C.J. McCollum...

9. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

What is this -- how you say -- "draft"?

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Is there an underrated tall white dude available?

11. basketballholic

Yes...

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Given all the stuff about clearing more space to sign Howard, it seems very unlikely we trade into the first round. So, I haven't thought about it at all. It is possible we trade into the second round, but I can't think about that many players.

13. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

When the projected number one pick tore his ACL the year before, you know its a weak draft.

14. basketballholic

One possibility of trading up would be moving TRob/#34 for Cleveland's 19 pick or whatever and their 2 second rounders. Then use #19 and one of DMO/TJones to move into the top 10.

15. basketballholic

I'm still saying there's a deal to be made with Philly for their pick at #11. Wouldn't surprise me if we wound up with Philly's pick or if we used Philly's pick as a trade through for something else.

There has been no solid news about Philly's coaching search. All garbage coming out of their FO. Talking about being interested in Larry Brown who is about 92 years old. Just fooling around while all these coaches are interviewing, interviewing, interviewing, while guys like Shaw, Karl, Hollins are available and could be locked up. They don't want any of those guys. I think they're after Finch or possibly Sampson. And I think there's gonna be a trade involving their first round pick. Then it'll be up to the league again to try to prove circumvention. But they won't be able to.

I think there's a very good chance we trade into the lottery of this draft.

16. Big Red Machine

I get into the draft every year. I've always been a big draft nerd. But I'm very interested in the Rockets pick at #34 because I'm positive a good player will be there.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope whoever we get won't be undersized for his position.

None of that 6'9" PF.

18. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

The 2 guys I wanted us to get in the 2nd round are both now projected to go in the 1st so meh..... Tim Hardaway Jr and Glen Rice and I know Morey's not gonna trade for a 1st.... the 6'6" Pg carter williams is the only guy who intrigues me in this draft anyway.... *shrugs*

19. basketballholic

Some of the guys I think we'd consider in the second round:

1. Ryan Kelly - not even in most mock drafts. One of the very best shooters in this draft with a handle and 7 foot length. The offensive model 4 that we are looking for.

2. Glen Rice - we already know this kid. enough said.

3. James Ennis - severely underrated at this point in mock drafts. Already 22 and body mature with obvious defensive skills and shooting ability.

4. Tony Snell - because of his obvious skill set. Played 3 years of college ball and improved.

5. Ricky Ledo - Ledo has immense potential along with great size and athleticism. If there is a young, inexperienced player in this draft that Morey might take a flyer on in the second round, I can see him taking this kid as a project.

5. C.J. Leslie - fits our small ball, run and gun fast-paced end-to-end style. Very aggressive going to the rim, knows how to take a foul and get to the free throw line and then knock 'em down.

6. Nate Wolters - dude can play, we may draft him just to have a point guard if we wind up trading Lin in a move for a superstar. However wouldn't be surprised if a team like the Knicks snapped him up in the first round.

7. Jeff Withey - if he drops. Morey likes Kansas guys. No, seriously, if we are thinking of moving Asik to acquire a superstar, Withey could come in handy at the back up 5 spot.

Guys that could be there in the 2nd round:

1. Jamaal Franklin - wouldn't surprise me if he was there. Still don't like him even in the second round. Undersized shooting guard that can't shoot very well and did not make progress this season.

2. Tony Mitchell - best athlete in the draft. May be the dumbest athlete in the draft. This is Dennis Rodman without the key ingredient that made Rodman great. He doesn't have Rodman's drive and desire. Don't want.

3. Rudy Gobert - Yes, I think he could fall as far as the top of the second round. Probably worth a flyer at that point.

4. Lucas Nogueira - will probably go in the first round, get through the first 2 years of his rookie contract and never crease the rotation. Wouldn't want him even in the second round. He's simply too light and hasn't done anything about it in 3 years.

5. Shabazz Muhammed - wouldn't surprise me if he fill to pick 30 (end of first round) or pick 31 (start of second round). Yes, that's a big fall. But if he doesn't go in the top 14, the slope could get very slippery for him. Definitely worth a flyer in the second round.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Why? What's wrong with teams 15-30?