1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The downright truth on New York Knicks fans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NYKRule, Nov 10, 2002.

1. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I just saw a thread about Yao Ming get locked that had a lot of anti-NY posts in it. They said something about how Knicks fans are impatient, can't sit through rebuilding, and need to go out and get quick short-term fixes to be happy with the team (Rice, Eisley, Anderson, Weatherspoon, and McDyess).

I'll tell you one thing, it's COMPLETELY the opposite. You people wonder why everyone hates Layden in NY? It's because the Dolan's make him do this, and he doesn't have the balls to say no. The Dolan's want to give the glamour celebrities a reason to come out and by the tickets they have raised ooooh so much in the past decade.

Do you remember in New York when the entire crowd was split into two chanting "Ca-ron" and the other chanting "Wil-cox"? They sure as hell weren't cheering the McDyess trade.

The real fans are not what you hear about in the media. I'm beginning to realize no one really remembers, or even realizes that the national media is a complete joke. I hear it all the time with "wah wah SportsCenter said Yao Ming isn't doing good, its not fair he's young, wah wah", "wah wah Tony Kornheiser said Yao Ming is a no good 7'5" Chinese guy wah wah"...and then these same people justify their arguments by using what the national media says about New York and their fans? Its a double standard. Almost all diehard NYK fans wanted to rebuild, starting with this draft. Please, shut up and realize this.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

New York fans are just like any fans, some fans are knowledgeable, some aren't. The guy that was in that thread was ripping Rockets fans saying that they were all saying Ming would put up 13 ppg and 8 rpg. So the same thing you're complaining about, how people are judging all Knicks fans, is going on with people judging this entire BBS. All fans have people who complain, you can't tell me that 100% of New York fans believe the same thing. I mean we have people coming in here saying Ming sucks, and yes some of them are New York fans. I mean you just came in here and said the Rockets fans were whining about Kornheiser and SportsCenter, you're doing the same thing.

#2 RocksMillenium, Nov 11, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2002
  3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

No, I'm not doing the same thing. I could care less about what they say because I know its not true. Most of the Rockets fans should know that what they say about Ming is not true, either. That's the point I'm trying to make. Generalizations shouldn't be made.