1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The disparity between Yao and TMac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by goodbug, Apr 16, 2009.

1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2009-04-17/10394329470.shtml

For those that don't read Chinese, this is the interesting part.

Q:TMac will not play in this year's playoff. Although he's been up and down in regular season, he'd been getting decent stats in playoff. Do you feel much more pressure and responsibility with his absence?

A: I don't know how much pressure and responsibility is on me, these can't be quantitized. But what I want to say is, no matter how much burden is on me, I'll take it. I'll do whatever I can do.

Q: Do you mean you want to put the whole team on your back?

A: Heihei, that sounds familar. I mean, I am part of this team, I am proud to fight with my teammates for the same goal. However, my teammates are looking at me, so are the other people. Since I am mentioned as a leader, I have to step up and take the responsibility. In case we didn't get past first round, what excuse do I have to deny it? If we win, it's because I play well. If not, it's because I don't.

2. mms

mms Member

so "it's on me"?

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

We definitely need Yao, our best player, to play well for us to have any chance.

At the same time, even if he plays to his max abilities, we could still lose and it wouldn't be his fault.

So when he says "If [we don't win], it's because I don't [play well]," I don't agree. We could lose with Yao doing everything he can possibly do while other guys don't do enough.

4. goodbug

Yep, this is Yao version of "it's on me". But he doesn't say it because his team is favored, and he's ready to take blame :)

5. HTR99

HTR99 Member

The Blazers may be young but their home record is solid. I haven't read anywhere saying we were the favorites outside of Houston and here (CF). I'm behind our Rockets and I expect them to win in 6 but there not the favorites.

6. goodbug

No, I didn't say Rockets are favored, they are not. That's exactly the disparity between Yao and TMac. Didn't TMac deny "it's on me" last year?

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

true brooksball.. I don't think Yao can be blamed if Ron-Ron keeps jacking up stupid shots..

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even if he does his best and we lose,Yao will be blamed. That's what happens when you are the best player on the team.

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

well atleast on this board.. I don't think so... most probably.. Ron will take the beating if we lose..

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

He said it two years ago when Yao was healthy. Everyone was saying it was on him anyway, he might as well come out and accept the responsibility. I think Yao is accepting the responsibilty also in his own way. He's basically saying "i have to play well for us to win", and he's right.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not really. it's not like he blows everyone out on this team statistically like a lebron or kobe or wade. we have a very balanced team.

HOWEVER, he can use this series to def. make a name for himself and elevate his status in the NBA. even if we lose, and yao put up something like 30 and 13 (ala dream's #s), it could really elevate him. but if we win and he puts up those stats, it could elevate him even more.

12. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

I am O.K. with a player saying "it's on me", so long as they don't later come back and sarcastically scold us with "yeah it's my fault, it's all my fault" (I.E. not really my fault at all).

Somehow I just don't see Yao doing anything but owning up to this statement, J.I.C. the Rockets are not scheduled to advance.

13. hoopwoo

hoopwoo Member

you dont see him doing anything? then who do you see doing something? it is better that he stands up to take the responsibility than he if tries to deny it, like sb. did. i believe he was honest when he said the reponsibility is mainly on him, rather than attempting to please the fans or the management.

14. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

What disparity??? T-Mac has said that for about 5 straight years now.

15. Alfredo82

Alfredo82 Member

come on, it is Wang meng's bs again. :eek:

16. gta

gta Member

Lost in Translation?

Since they say that I am the leader of this team, then I should stand up to take the blames. What kind of excuses do I have to say that it wasn't my fault if we could not pass the first round? (If we)Win then I played well. (If we) lose, then I did not play well.

17. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Two and a half hours before, he also calculated before the rocket could lie ahead. At that time, the fate in their own hands, if all goes well, they can even hit the western Second, happily back to Houston. Can be two and a half hours later, the worst of all possibilities of a rocket fell on the head. Beijing on the 16th, they lost to Dallas, to the western region ranked fifth, lost the home court advantage. Back to Houston the same night, the Rockets only two days of preparation time, it is necessary to go to Portland.

Yao Ming have nothing to say, sitting in the closet, looking steadily forward, straight in front of the ice bucket and watch, as if there are broken before and attack around the same answer. Gather together the public media, silence and surrounded him, waiting for this to endure the most painful time End. Rockets staff crowded in, shouting: "Let him take a bath first, followed by an interview."

This gives also the name of Yao Ming from the thought back. He spit out a long breath and said: "Nothing to chant Who Who." Pick up his side, and looked up at the side of the locker room television pioneer and Nuggets game. Rockets and Mavericks in the game after the Spurs also have defeated the Hornets in overtime, the Trail Blazers to the front of the rocket. TV to determine the location of the western Nuggets II There is no fighting, all the way lost, and waiting for the end of the post ring. Yao no choice but to smile, television in the Rose Garden court, after a few days he will be fighting in place.

He said: "so to you, in any case be regarded as the playoffs began. Regular season no matter what kind of beat, are gone. At least we entered the playoffs, the real, the fighting began more difficult." he wants to failure in Dallas behind quickly, concentrate, heart and soul to prepare for the pioneers. This is not the time overall, this is only the beginning of the playoffs.

Yao career in the fourth when the playoffs began, he accepted an exclusive interview with this newspaper. Just lost to Dallas, but he is also a good mood, he said he do not want to think about anything, except how to win the first round of the playoffs.

Sports: blink of an eye, the fifth.

Yao Ming: Oh, this world is changing so quickly. Is not our own good, and now that nothing has. Of course, to have home court advantage, and may be lost, can not be enough. The poor are poor living law, the rich richer. Play it.

Sports: It appears that you do not because the loss of the second or third rank very frustrating. If you are second or third, after the adoption of the first round of the Lakers will be able to avoid. If everything perfect, it can even help you to enter the western finals. You never thought you had these?

Yao Ming: I think we can feel. Think we can only have been the case, but also how to? Eventually all look forward too. To tell the truth, I could not think of what the Western finals, the second round look like we have never seen. Therefore, we have all the energy is concentrated in the first round, the breakthrough in the first round, for us, means that too many things. If it hit the second round, when the Lakers are good, and Los Angeles is a good place to eat there twice on a good go.

Sports: how the pioneers of a kind of rival?

Yao Ming: very young, very strong impact. Everyone played well in the playoffs, each team has advantages and disadvantages. That they no playoff experience, we like a little experience, we do not have the experience of how to win, all remember how the losers. In particular, we lack of experience of the guard. The task of the next few days we have is to do homework, to find out their weaknesses may be exposed to make up for problems. I would like to play them, we do have a chance.

Sports: It seems from the spaces that should be quite want to play rocket pioneers.

Yao Ming: Yes, so to speak. First, from the inside that they could hang the inner child, and for me around the effect of the former defense will not be so good. Birane Prizbilla also around before, but he did not move so fast pace, waiting for him under, and Auden, we should not be around even before the. And then their first impact guard Blake not so strong, and rarely go into the storm, we guard the defensive pressure. Brooks of this defense will not be too much exposure. As for Roy, it is a very good player and very mature. On in front, after all, we have Shane Battier and Artest were the two best defensive should be able to restrict his. I think we should have a chance. But now that they are on paper, such as the beginning of the game, the child is another matter.

Sports: lose the home advantage, the extent of impact on you?

Yao Ming: home advantage is very important to have, what, is not before we had home court advantage, do not or could not have been what the first round? Furthermore, very good in Portland, a city, town, very quiet, there are several restaurants I like to go chant.

Sports: So not such an important home court advantage?

Yao Ming: I think the pros and cons of each. Home court advantage for us of course, help can be the first to start from home is no, way, not so much pressure. At least I think so, away before the two can win back, we made a calculation. Chant playing, no matter so much anyway, and very good, and now we can do to prepare for competition.

Sports: Great opportunity for you to win them?

Yao Ming: I do not know. Although this season is also a pioneer in our line play, it was not the regular season could it? Now to the playoffs, and now the score is 0 to 0. Even where we won the first game, "the score" or 0 than 0, in 4 games to win before the end, "the score" has been 0 than 0, this is the playoffs in the past few years I have accumulated the greatest experience. Before you win in the end, we still can not be any relaxation, what history, what data are all rubbish. In recent years, what kind of ball we did not lose that first home win in the other 2 games, the history that you will definitely win this, and we stare blankly back lost; home win in their 2 games, normally an excellent situation, eventually lost; that behind us, we have not turned back. Therefore, we must go all out.

Just now, I saw another reporter, that first year we won two calves, and then back home. He then asked me: "Do you think you can sweep them?" I just told him that if we can down the road two games, you can ask to stop the millions of problems.

But I would like to, if we win, the first two away, we must take a left.

Sports: two days, your NBA career on the fourth playoff in front of us, and now how to feel?

Yao Ming: impatient, blood boiling. In fact, I look forward to the playoffs as early as can be quickly started. More than 20 days in the past years, we played a lot of games, ranking the western location of almost every question, and so is really very hard to live, and I look forward to the playoffs as early as the beginning of a hurry. Young people just like looking forward to the first date.

Sports: This is not the first time, are the fourth back.

Yao Ming:hehe, Well, and a pioneer dating back to the first.

Sports: summary of the regular season just past, it is difficult to do?

Yao Ming: hard, really hard for. To tell the truth, I really did not expect to reach this result today. Although the previous paragraph I said that, in fact, we should not lose a lot of games to lose, if we can win those games, we have long been in the playoffs to determine the location of the. But that is if you do not? This season we have experienced too many problems, I was desperate.

Sports: despair? So serious.

Yao Ming: Truly desperate. Which there is a season, we lose who beat who, like all the losers did not get his game sharp, and they all do not have that fighting spirit. Lose a game, getting a bit stimulation, using point kick, a win. And then relaxed, and then lose. On the team in place that simply can not see some hope. At that time let alone over the first round of the playoffs, I really despair of some, I thought, into the playoffs this year, can ah.

Sports: not now pondering, and the playoffs will begin immediately. At this time, do you have that may need more time to rocket to a better solution to your problem, especially for young players to prepare for the playoffs?

Yao: Yes there is such a frame of mind. In particular, after the game finished, sit down and refine the process revealed about the game, in particular, can in fact be doing some of the issues, do feel that the team can play much better point, there is room for progress. Especially in the face of a major tournament, there would always be the case, as concerns. Just before the examination, the old who whispered, as if it had not prepared, it can also look at the total want to be foolproof.

Sports: how the world things foolproof.

Yao: yes ah, no. Do not foolproof, in the end I could not even prepared to be ready for what the do not know. God had not played since the first round,心里没底, do not know. Therefore, the playoffs or go quickly, you are more than ready to let our ten days, two weeks, the situation should be the same now.

Sports: was off the mark, how to prepare?

Yao: In fact, it is simple, people understand is targeted, to know what the problem is likely to affect the situation in the playoffs, and what there is to improve the destination. For us, it would have come, rather killing 10,000 and did not miss one. May not accurately described, can be This is what I meant, for anything, and we dare not relax the slightest, even though all things can not be obsessed with micromanaging all do a good job, but we'll do our best.

Sports: you have never crossed the first round of the playoffs, from the individual is concerned, how do you value the opportunity?

Yao Ming: First of all, one can break through the first round of the playoffs is not easy opportunities. Second, it means a chance a few opportunities. I do not know how to describe my urgency, but I really would like to crossed the first round of the playoffs. I am a person who very much value the opportunity, the opportunity for a quick 30-year-old will not have too many people. Moreover, I do not know how to the future, what the situation next year. When you are not old, said, life can have a few back stroke.

Sports: every time someone asked you in the playoffs the goal, you always repeated over and over, the first round, first round, it seems that the first round but you have to have a shadow over the general, you try everything possible out of it .

Yao Ming: I do have the pressure of playing in this league by 7 years, I have heard a lot of people said that Yao is the best center. Is that really true? I have not crossed to the team with the first round of the playoffs, so how could there is no pressure? So, as I repeated, as before, not to mention too, would like too, first over the first round of the playoffs again. After this round, etc., if we step over, there will be some different.

Sports: a cross will be able to relax you?

Yao Ming: It may be you will think, may be I am not you. I am not going to improve, after crossing on how to the world is not changed, I was not easy, and how you will look at me. I just want to how the cross-over, who are not my work, I do not improve. I always wait until the matter to the imminent re-thinking, this is a habit of athletes.

Sports: The playoffs, Tracy McGrady can not play. State of the regular season while his big ups and downs can be in the playoffs has been good to his data. Now, he is not, you're obligated to increase the pressure and how much?

Yao Ming: I do not know how much pressure and responsibility, which can not be quantified. Or sentence, I have not played the first round, do not know how to be played. I want to say is that I need to carry the burden of multiple, I will carry the burden of multiple. I need to do, I do.

Sports: Are you saying that, a person you are willing to bear with this team?

Yao Ming:hehe, listening to familiar words ah. I want to say is that I am part of this team, I am also proud of his teammates could join them, in order to combat a common goal. Could be teammates were staring at me, and others too, since they say that I am the leader of this team, then I should stand up to bear these. If we did not, unfortunately, played the first round, what I have an excuse to say that this is not my responsibilities? Win, I win and lose, that I did not play well.

Sports: fourth playoff experienced, and compared to before, What is the difference between your own?

Yao Ming: To tell the truth, can not remember a little bit. Injured did not play last year, there is nothing to feel. Two years ago, is the confidence to be the end of the day, or nothing, did not play into. Such a view, now, I quieted down for a bar than before. Loaded mature.

Sports: you are pretending you mature?

Yao Ming: I know how eager played the first round of the playoffs, with the Union to be in the longer, the more this would have never crossed the坎儿crossed. I am even more anxious, more calm, because I know over the years, we lost too many times, playing the Mavericks, playing jazz. That on several occasions, we have a good chance, can not catch the total also. This year than before and also similar to the opportunity to look good we can be the result? Who do not know. So I do not have the slightest effect, then how to say words, and filled with trepidation, treading on thin ice.

Sports: you are most concerned about problems of the playoffs is what?

Yao Ming: The Executive Force. In particular, a crucial moment, we can implement the tactics we want to play, can not fear chaos, in a more defensive pressure on the face of pressing to find the best way of anti-opponent. Look at the Mavericks lost to the second half we know, this issue we have struggled a long time, not just this year, from the Jeff Van Gundy in time, there is a. Even now, it seems not solve. We must raise the spirit of playing, be careful to deal with.

Sports: that the playoffs are completely different games, on the What is the difference between your view?

Yao Ming: the playoffs is a continuous process to adjust their own, not a solution to the problem, the next opponent will still be clinging to this point you keep playing. Unlike the regular season, every night is different opponent, different game, a night not good, the problem may be encountered under a different opponent, the issue is no longer a problem, not influence you. The playoffs is not the case, with an opponent playing so many games linked to each other are very understanding, see you on how to adjust themselves to solve their own problems.

Sports: another year, and wish you every success.

Yao Ming: Thank you, let God have to taste the taste of the first round of across it. Clean up the package, ready to go to Portland.

18. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

the translating machine sucks but it really can save us tons of time. :p

19. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is going to be interested.

We shall see if Yao has another gear, or if Ron has another gear.

Though I have to see, Yao and Ron's stats in the playoffs are not that much more impressive, and I'm worried for Yao especially since he has to get used to not having McGrady feed him the ball (McGrady was the best at feeding Yao, of course that is before this season).

Funny thing is, Alston was a monster last season's playoffs, and if he was present in the first two games I have no doubts that we would've beaten Jazz.

One thing is for certain, Yao gets to play against his kind of big men. Yao will no doubtly dominate Blazer centers, but the biggest problem will be his stamina. On a side note, Greg Oden has shown to be a huge injury prone, and in my opinion won't last 7 games against a Yao beating.

This is going to be interesting. It will give a very strong impression on what Brooks, Wafer, Landry and Lowry can become. I'm most interested in seeing Wafer play. Let's see if Blazers can shut him down in 7 games or less.