1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Devil We Know - Documentary on Teflon/Dupont

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 21, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right the 130 ppm doesn't necessarily mean bad but at least with using a filter and not full on ro like you mention, you can limit some and then hopefully can keep Flouride (just like you mentioned). It's pretty interesting topic, especially when you actually start analyzing what the ppm is. Ie correct levels of things or bad contaminates.

Anyway, was definitely agreeing with you. I do like idea of using more RO if needed to filter salt water to contain drought (in future) and then maybe post adding back in Flouride, there's a lot of things here to think on.

I used to help my parents manage a small water business, we ran RO / UV systems in certain areas depending on water quality. But he always recommended that people have some water source where the Flouride/other minerals weren't fully stripped.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This whole dupont thing (I know this is older topic), but I bring it up a decent amount to people still... And most don't even know about it. I mean it's wild to consider companies do this stuff, but it's always going on - and if profits outweigh the risk of being caught... - oh well, right?? Just sad to think about, especially when we continue to do this stuff.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

In DC, DuPont Circle is a Homosexual/Feminist stronghold that seem to have contrasting values.